blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:02:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272535 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 ... 253 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?  (Read 478955 times)
WotRTheChances
MinRaiseFTW, WotRTheChances, Quelles_Sont

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #495 on: May 10, 2012, 09:07:35 PM »

You dont really rep much and he has shown he has some SD value.

Pre:

Bad... picked a rubbish hand to raise and inflate the pot with. You can massively wide here. But T5o is just crap and will always be such

Flop:

Flopped nothing, he's donked... give up here. People dont donk without some sort of pair/draw. You have T-high. Instead you flat... not sure what hands you are flatting here with? What is your plan at this stage? There has to be a range you are assigning villain and a range you are planning to rep on certain board runouts. Eg. What would you be doing with over-pairs here? Think about what hands you are actually going to be legitimately flatting here with.

Turn:

What hands are you flatting flop that are raising the A turn? If you flatted flop with an over-pair you are not raising this turn for value. Any draws you had otf are not raising this turn. So now you are repping A6, A7, A9 and sets, possiby some AhXh hands (although villain could easily have all of these hands too).

River:

You still basically rep nothing and a bunch of his pair+draw flop hands / 2pr hands otf have improved. What do you think he has when you are betting here? He can have all full-houses except AA or 99, straights, 8x has bricked, but there arent many 8x hands that havnt hit straights or 89. He can have 67 which he folds, 6hXh. Much more often he has 9x. What can you have? A9, 89 or sets. That is it. Flush draw has bricked, so has the SD, so he will call lighter. + as said this river has strengthened his range considerably in relation to you.

lets not forget, you have T5o and have just created this horrible mess where you should always just check in this spot.

Just seems like a pot where you have decided you are going to win regardless of what you have, what the board run-out is and the range of your opp. It will work sometimes, but its spew. Big Big Spew.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 10:06:54 PM by WotRTheChances » Logged
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #496 on: May 10, 2012, 09:45:54 PM »

i mean, u have T5o. just check behind pre and fold most flops, lose 1bb. seems pretty simple

our cards are irrellevant... im asking what do we do in this spot vs this op who we know to have a wide range getting to the river but that he will fold to a decent sized river bet with turn and river aggression a large % of the time...

[  ] cards are irrelevant
  • you have a Ten and a Five and they are not of the same suit
  • this is a bad hand
  • let the 1bb go.

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #497 on: May 11, 2012, 12:19:50 AM »

thanks lads...

Cheesy

update on tonights DTD sats

Just busted the DTD500 one in what might be a slight mistake... I don't ever think its bad but because of the dynamics it might not be 'amazing'.
We shoved UTD with  and 10bb's @ 1/2k, but most of the rest of the table are deep - 50k+ and one person is 200k deep and hitting everything.  I fully expected him to try and knock us all out one by one so I didn't want to shove without a hand, and this is the first one for 3 orbits.  I got snapped by his and also by bb's  for most of 'his' stack - which is terribad!

Flop
77 open shoved into super stack on a Kxx spade mono board... and it all went in. wp sir.

Turn
 7 sealed it.

So that was us busting in 8th with 5 seats... Not sure there was anything else I can do but shove there.. I know atc will be better bvb but the super stack 2 to my right was opening every pot... so never got a free btn or sb.

And we got a dtd150 seat... so that was worth it! playing tomorrow then! Cheesy   Shame I wasn't able to double whammy it tonight but I ran so terribly earlier that I earned my rungood in the bigger ones. Cheesy if only huh...

Did have some though.
Got in  vs  on 
When I check shoved the turn and he snapped me off - lol wp sir.. this is the bottom of my range your a genius for knowing  EDIT I mean not folding tpnk when shown severe aggression.

River is a  and thank you, thank you, thank you... this is how it is done. Ul sir.

We also had a 'sick' ish... kinda pot.

Where I flat an EP open with and its then shoved by BTN, SB and original raiser (who I know) and I snap as its 1/4 of my stack and I have dem Kings...

vs  vs  vs  = pretty good lineup, I'm about to be monstrous chip leader like 43%... (wow that's lower than I expected..)

Flop
Axx - wtf... this sucks.. oh well still got more than average

Turn
  - well this qualifies as a boom card. BOOOOOOM! (always the isn't it Chase Burger?)

Side matters,
Also had AA vs Suni Mistri's AK aipf which was nice... ul sir.

And next hand on other table had AA which I flatted pre and on a 9xx flop, the turn was an A and the guy went all in for 5x pot... I promptly snapped his arm off and said wp sir, thanks for all ur chippies! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

So yer, shame to not bink them both with such a good run in them, but don't think I made many if any mistakes.  Just the AQ question above and another one where I ISO shoved over 5bb shove with  and he had  .. The guy in question was such a special player he had earlier doubled me up when I shoved bb vs his sb limp with  and he SNAPPED me off with the mighty  .  I held and wondered where I'd just gotten a massive 35bb double up from.  oh well never question these things I guess. - CHIPDUMPING IMHO!

Waiting for the second half of pleno's hands and then carry on with the grind i guess.

peace

jb

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #498 on: May 11, 2012, 12:36:36 AM »

tonights dinner.... was awesome CHICKEN KEBAB with no pitta or chips.. therefore just chicken and salad and chillie sauce!

yummy...

WotRTheChances

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #499 on: May 11, 2012, 12:40:27 AM »

Did have some though.
Got in  vs  on 
When I check shoved the turn and he snapped me off - lol wp sir.. this is the bottom of my range your a genius for knowing  EDIT I mean not folding tpnk when shown severe aggression.

River is a  and thank you, thank you, thank you... this is how it is done. Ul sir.

It's stuff like this that I think paints you in a bad light. Why are you sarcastically saying 'lol wp sir'? If he knows you at all he knows you are doing this pretty wide, with draws etc. He's just called you with the best hand... and you've got there. I'm sure he would think your shove was bad (cannot comment).
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #500 on: May 11, 2012, 01:58:14 AM »

Did have some though.
Got in  vs  on 

It's stuff like this that I think paints you in a bad light. Why are you sarcastically saying 'lol wp sir'? If he knows you at all he knows you are doing this pretty wide, with draws etc. He's just called you with the best hand... and you've got there. I'm sure he would think your shove was bad (cannot comment).

Imho I see this as a spewy call pre IP as you flop tp and have no idea where you are... and I play super tight in the early stages in these tournaments.. this is one of the first times I've ever done anything as a bluff in the early stages.  Here the other 98% I will have KQ bare minimum, probably AK and upwards.  Which imho makes his call of of the turn cshove horrible.  The reason I get so many chips in these tournaments and have amassed a lot of satellite seats this year is because people can't fold tp type hands, but when I check flop and check shove turn he won't have Kx all the time and when he does it will rarely be good.

This is why I have said wp sir in a slightly less than genuine way, I mentioned UL to him after and he just said swear words to me.  I don't get upset or rant and rave when I get ul.. I chuckle, sigh that my AA lost to Q3 on KQ5r yesterday and move on. 

I will keep this kind of thing to the 2% it is and keep reaping the rewards of a freakishly weak field with dtd and blonde regulars playing less than optimal poker and that allowing me to play tournaments way above my roll.

But thanks for the comments mate and I am trying... tough to be a super nice guy all the time.

WotRTheChances

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #501 on: May 11, 2012, 02:14:09 AM »

Did have some though.
Got in  vs  on 

The reason I get so many chips in these tournaments and have amassed a lot of satellite seats this year is because people can't fold tp type hands, but when I check flop and check shove turn he won't have Kx all the time and when he does it will rarely be good.

And for this reason you should be thankful and not be jamming A5 on the turn. Your jam has to be every bit, if not worse, than his call.... if you know these guys dont like folding, but jam hoping he folds top pair. As ive said... at these levels the key is knowing when to value bet... not when to run bluffs
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #502 on: May 11, 2012, 03:21:00 AM »

Did have some though.
Got in  vs  on 

The reason I get so many chips in these tournaments and have amassed a lot of satellite seats this year is because people can't fold tp type hands, but when I check flop and check shove turn he won't have Kx all the time and when he does it will rarely be good.

And for this reason you should be thankful and not be jamming A5 on the turn. Your jam has to be every bit, if not worse, than his call.... if you know these guys dont like folding, but jam hoping he folds top pair. As ive said... at these levels the key is knowing when to value bet... not when to run bluffs

He doesn't have many Kx's and shouldn't be bet calling most of them when he does.  My 'move' is not genius by any means, but I hate his get in more than i hate my move.  But im biased obv.

Appreciating the comments, although I'm wondering where the people are that agree with me on these fronts?

WotRTheChances

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #503 on: May 11, 2012, 03:23:08 AM »

They are broke. Internet access is expensive
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #504 on: May 11, 2012, 03:24:01 AM »

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #505 on: May 11, 2012, 04:03:46 AM »

haha, naughty!

@MtSpewmore
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #506 on: May 11, 2012, 04:05:38 AM »

<3 you all.... Cheesy

good basketball game thomas?  Adam tells me the lakers are getting pwned, hope you haven't got a bet on them?!

TL900

View Profile
« Reply #507 on: May 11, 2012, 04:09:33 AM »

I do not have money on them. I won my bets for today when my team (76ers) beat the #1 seed chicago bulls!! #letsgosixers

@MtSpewmore
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #508 on: May 11, 2012, 08:40:41 AM »

You seem to be getting a fair bit of stick from various different groups about your attitude and style of play.

This is awesome John because they are letting you have both barrels because of your success in the sats and deepstack. You must be doing something right because you don't get abuse when you are losing.

Keep up the excellent work Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #509 on: May 11, 2012, 11:48:15 AM »

You seem to be getting a fair bit of stick from various different groups about your attitude and style of play.

This is awesome John because they are letting you have both barrels because of your success in the sats and deepstack. You must be doing something right because you don't get abuse when you are losing.

Keep up the excellent work Smiley

why does everyone rip you so much then?

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 ... 253 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: