blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:03:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Auction take 2: Austrian Auction
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Auction take 2: Austrian Auction  (Read 5285 times)
skolsuper

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2012, 10:46:06 PM »

Gonna try another auction, this time with bids via pm and the results not published till the auction is finished. To reiterate the auction rules from before:

I am selling 30% of my gross prize money in the GSOP Live Salzburg in February, buyin $1650. Any prizes from leaderboards, continued sponsorship opportunities, or dinner flips won will not be included. Currency conversions will be done on the basis of a $1650 buyin converted at Friday's xe rate for GBP or EUR transfers.
Everyone who is interested in buying a piece make a bid for a certain percentage with the maximum price they would be prepared to pay for that piece. e.g. pleno 5% @ 1.8
All the bids are arranged in descending order by price* and the top 30 percentiles** at 9pm on Thursday 26th Jan win the auction.
Every winner pays the price of the lowest winning bid.

*In the event of a tie, the bid made first chronologically will take precedence
**This may involve one person receiving only part of the percentage that they bid for.

You can make as many bids as you like, e.g. if you would buy 10% at 1.1 but only 5% at 1.2, you can make 2 bids, 5@1.1 and 5@1.2, if the strike price finishes 1.1 or below you will have 10%, between 1.1 and 1.2 you will get 5% and over 1.2 you won't buy any.
Bids will be ranked by up to 2 decimal places, i.e. 1.333 will be considered the same as 1.33 and ranked chronologically
Bids are binding and cannot be withdrawn, I am ending the auction on Thurs to give me plenty of time to chase everyone up for payment before the event.
To prevent any <0.5 shenanigans, the minimum price will be 1.0

In the event of some unforeseen dispute arising the referee's* decision will be final.

*me

Pretty sure everyone knows who I am, hendonmob (with horrendous picture) here: http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=91657

As to the tournament, due to a fantastic structure and large number of satellite qualifiers from ongame, the GSOP Live series has been increasingly successful at each leg, although I would expect this leg to be smaller than the one in Prague I think it will also be much softer, due to a clash with Deauville EPT and with many players currently round the other side of the world for the Aussie Millions, whereas in Prague there were a lot of 'name' players in town for the EPT and WPT tournaments in the same week.

I look forward to receiving plenty of pms with bids, but if you have any questions please post them in the thread so I can answer them for everyone.

Happy bidding!
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 10:49:59 PM »

10% 1.1
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 10:53:04 PM »

10% 1.1

Bids via PM

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 10:55:11 PM »

Tut!  Grin
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 11:06:56 PM »

cheeky bastard! Cheesy

would still be +ev ldooo

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
skolsuper

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 04:04:10 PM »

Noted ty Woodsey. You can bid on the thread if you like, just nobody else will Smiley
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 04:50:20 PM »

I like your auctions Mr Keys.

The only bit that lets them down is this "Every winner pays the price of the lowest winning bid."

Make them pay the full amount of their offer I say.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
skolsuper

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 08:05:34 PM »

The only bit that lets them down is this "Every winner pays the price of the lowest winning bid."

Try that for your next sale imo Mr Russell
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 08:22:54 PM »

Someone will get the lot @ 0.8

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2012, 08:50:22 PM »

Someone will get the lot @ 0.8

That's not even a tap in.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2012, 11:34:57 PM »

Will be blogging this event, so you can follow Mr Keys @ www.gsoplive.com/blog

/subtlespam

Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2012, 01:12:01 PM »

like the concept...MBN to have competition for backers.
good luck
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2012, 02:00:49 PM »

IMO (not that it should count)I think you should posts the amounts bid but not the name of the person. It will be a much more fun thread and would attract repeat bids. Was hoping more people were going to do these auctions because they seem super fun

Is it rude to ask why you aint in Australia?

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
skolsuper

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2012, 05:36:23 PM »

/subtlespam

[ ] subtle

IMO (not that it should count)I think you should posts the amounts bid but not the name of the person. It will be a much more fun thread and would attract repeat bids. Was hoping more people were going to do these auctions because they seem super fun

Not in Australia due to having just bought a house that I need to move into and furnish.

And yeah I appreciate the sealed bids method isn't much of a spectator sport but I'm trying not to influence the outcome in any way, last time out there were mutterings that people were overpaying due to the competition element of it. Is still pretty interesting this time around tho, the way the bids have been so far I'm wondering if there might be some collusion going on Smiley
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2012, 06:25:19 PM »

/subtlespam

[ ] subtle

Not in Australia due to having just bought a house that I need to move into and furnish.

And yeah I appreciate the sealed bids method isn't much of a spectator sport but I'm trying not to influence the outcome in any way, last time out there were mutterings that people were overpaying due to the competition element of it. Is still pretty interesting this time around tho, the way the bids have been so far I'm wondering if there might be some collusion going on Smiley

Aw mate. Are you trying to justify to yourself why people only think you're worth 1.1?

Don't worry about it. We still all love you Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: