blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:13:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 553 554 555 556 [557] 558 559 560 561 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13446392 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8340 on: June 11, 2012, 08:42:10 AM »

Top Goalscorer, Llorente, £10 @ 16/1 (Killer). So, Benzema and Llorente to both score tonight please.

Llorente is Spanish, sadly he was on the bench when Spain played 4-6-0, and stayed so when Torres was on for Fabregas

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8341 on: June 11, 2012, 08:46:48 AM »

Some might say that to lose a rugby match after being 8 points clear with less than five minutes to go is a shade unlucky. Well I do not believe in luck. What I have in mind is to do to the Salford players what I would like to do to the mink on Spring Watch, and it involves a large flat shovel. But I did get some satisfaction out of seeing Rory bottle it on the last 2 holes knowing we had already banked a profit. Methinks the winner of the US Open will be a trifle hard to find.

Ahh, you watched that mink on Springwatch, too! It was achingly sad in a way, but it was just nature, doing what it does.

Rory was my first "official" green-out, & I know some say we should not do it, but I rather enjoyed it. I confess that, with some (well, a LOT) of help & a little prompting from Mere, I do a bit of greening on my "own" account (I keep an "off-thread" betting spreadsheet, too), & it is supremely satisfying to sit & watch something knowing we have a profit guaranteed.

The Rugby result did sting a bit, after seemingly having it sewn up, not helped by an "I told you so" comment, (we rarely see them), but yes, we have to assume that a Team would or should shut up shop if 8 points clear with 5 minutes to go.

Ho hum. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8342 on: June 11, 2012, 08:56:08 AM »

Top Goalscorer, Llorente, £10 @ 16/1 (Killer). So, Benzema and Llorente to both score tonight please.

Llorente is Spanish, sadly he was on the bench when Spain played 4-6-0, and stayed so when Torres was on for Fabregas

Ooh, in before gatters. I really must pay more attention.

Thought is was rather sad to see Torres, so lethal 2 years ago, be so hesitant & feeble in front of goal yesterday.

He's had a character testing time at Chelsea, & I think, relatively speaking, he has handled himself well in the face of much adversity. He "ruled the world" so to speak in the Premiership, then it all went Pete Tong, & many in his spot would be all sulky-wulky, but I sense he has been quite professional about it, & kept his head down, tried to play himself back into form.

We can't really feel sorry for a pro footballer earning zillions a week, but if you try & wear his shoes (boots...), it must be hard to handle, especially as he has rarely been accepted by Chelsea management as part of the team. 

Hero to zero & all that.

I hope he gets a good run in the team next season, gets his confidence back, & scores a bundle of goals. Success is all the sweeter in the face of adversity.

On a reverse note, I have rather taken against Nasri, who seems a somewhat churlish sort, lacking character when the wind is in his face. Fine footballer when things go his way though. Not my sort at all though. Dare say he is equally scathing of me.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
hector62

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet

View Profile
« Reply #8343 on: June 11, 2012, 08:58:49 AM »

I think the greening out decision was a no brainer. How they could make a golfer who was not even leading, that price with 2 1/2 rounds to go is astonishing. I will have to mull  over any future green out positions as I am a bit unclear as to whose responsibility the amount of "greening" is? Albeit a nice decision to have. But it was nice to be able to cheer on my other pick, Dustin Johnson, with a clear conscience knowing that the thread had made a profit. I am thinking about spending my golf winnings on a baby stoat- just the cutest things ever!

Puristville, Arizona.  Population (1)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8344 on: June 11, 2012, 09:11:46 AM »

I think the greening out decision was a no brainer. How they could make a golfer who was not even leading, that price with 2 1/2 rounds to go is astonishing. I will have to mull  over any future green out positions as I am a bit unclear as to whose responsibility the amount of "greening" is? Albeit a nice decision to have. But it was nice to be able to cheer on my other pick, Dustin Johnson, with a clear conscience knowing that the thread had made a profit. I am thinking about spending my golf winnings on a baby stoat- just the cutest things ever!

You can always suggest a "green-out" on ANY position the thread has, though I think priority goes to the original bettor. If someone else suggests, it stands as a seperate bet, but the effect on the Thread Fund is the same. If people are concerned as to their individial P & L, of course, it makes it awkward to green out someone else's bet.

I won't fib here, I am always happy to get lock ups, but I do them on my own account, not the thread fund. It comes to the same thing as to my "own" money, of course.

I agree as to Rory's price with 2 rounds to go, I thought it was a complete rick, & discussed it with Bobby & others at the blonde Bash on Saturday. All very odd, but I guess if he had not dunked it in the water at the end of his round yesterday, the price would have looked right.

You had Dustin? Nice one! He seems a decent type.

Good luck withn the baby stoat. If it helps, I can tell the difference between a field mouse & a voal. I doubt a mink cares, they'll eat either without batting an eyelid. Bastards.   

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #8345 on: June 11, 2012, 09:46:00 AM »

this is not a particular fancy of mine but is surely worth a look

paddy power seem to be out on a limb with there to score 2 or more tonight market

the two that make some appeal to me are benzema at 18-1 (general 8-12-1 shot) and nasri at 66-1 (general 25-33-1)

the consensus seems to be a tight game which obviously tempers my enthusiasm

happy to see what others are saying about this one 

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #8346 on: June 11, 2012, 10:37:49 AM »

Remember Tony, you have only 24hrs to use your £5 Labrokes free bet from Gomez.  It should be outsiderish, but with Ladbrokes as best price and not too far from the Betfair price.  I've gone for Yarmolenko to score first at 8-1 in Ukr vs Swe.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8347 on: June 11, 2012, 10:58:48 AM »

Remember Tony, you have only 24hrs to use your £5 Labrokes free bet from Gomez.  It should be outsiderish, but with Ladbrokes as best price and not too far from the Betfair price.  I've gone for Yarmolenko to score first at 8-1 in Ukr vs Swe.

24 hours from now?

If so, I would have no idea what to do with it, so I'd probably just mirror your bet.

hector62

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet

View Profile
« Reply #8348 on: June 11, 2012, 11:29:19 AM »

Only 3 days until the 2nd golf major of the year. So we have a couple of days to discuss the prospects, there must be other golfers out there. My opening 2 pennyworth. No doubt the course will be a brute with the USPGA trying their hardest to find a winning score of level par. What I want from my gallant warriors is the ability to grind, after a drop shot to get back on the horse and hit it straight down the fairway. I have chosen 2 golfers- a Yank and a Brit.

Luke Donald : His performance at the Volvo was very impressive, not least his holing out from 6 feet.  Not as long as most players off the tee but accuracy is going to be vital. Current price 14-1.

Jim Furyk :  Ultra consistent this year and he has won this tournament before. Always in the shadow of Woods and Mickleson because he is not as exciting but always there or thereabouts. Current price 50-1.

What does anyone else fancy?

Puristville, Arizona.  Population (1)
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #8349 on: June 11, 2012, 11:41:20 AM »

24 hours from now?

The free bet(s) will automatically be added to a qualifying customers account or Odds On! card and will be available from 12pm, two days after the match has taken place. The free bet(s) will expire at closing time the following day if not redeemed.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8350 on: June 11, 2012, 11:41:39 AM »

Only 3 days until the 2nd golf major of the year. So we have a couple of days to discuss the prospects, there must be other golfers out there. My opening 2 pennyworth. No doubt the course will be a brute with the USPGA trying their hardest to find a winning score of level par. What I want from my gallant warriors is the ability to grind, after a drop shot to get back on the horse and hit it straight down the fairway. I have chosen 2 golfers- a Yank and a Brit.

Luke Donald : His performance at the Volvo was very impressive, not least his holing out from 6 feet.  Not as long as most players off the tee but accuracy is going to be vital. Current price 14-1.

Jim Furyk :  Ultra consistent this year and he has won this tournament before. Always in the shadow of Woods and Mickleson because he is not as exciting but always there or thereabouts. Current price 50-1.

What does anyone else fancy?

A discussion began a few pages ago on here

I think the consensus was you need to be straight and long, because of set up straight is good. Are Donald and Furyk long enough to be in contention?

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8351 on: June 11, 2012, 01:04:53 PM »

Hart; Johnson, Terry, Lescott, Cole; Milner, Gerrard, Parker, Ox-C; Young; Welbeck.

No Carroll, its Welbeck

My eyes are open wide
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8352 on: June 11, 2012, 01:39:52 PM »

Hart; Johnson, Terry, Lescott, Cole; Milner, Gerrard, Parker, Ox-C; Young; Welbeck.

No Carroll, its Welbeck

Oh well, never mind. He is on the bench, presumably?

geordieneil
we are we are we are the mods

View Profile
« Reply #8353 on: June 11, 2012, 02:30:44 PM »

ok, never had a banzai for a while, so here goes....ht/ft   france/england

no logic.....its banzai  time      at 50/1 with sporting bet....45/1 with ladbrokes

go on have a fiver

i'm on
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8354 on: June 11, 2012, 02:35:05 PM »

No Carroll, its Welbeck

Oh well, never mind. He is on the bench, presumably?

The whole squad outside the XI goes on the bench, unless suspended

Good chance Carroll will get playing time in the second half I reckon

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 553 554 555 556 [557] 558 559 560 561 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: