blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:47:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Super Size DTD Deepstack in March: £250,000 guaranteed
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Super Size DTD Deepstack in March: £250,000 guaranteed  (Read 1246 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« on: February 03, 2012, 09:26:33 PM »

Just had a chat with Rob Yong, who has told me that the March Deepstack will be £250,000 guaranteed, a super-size deepstack if you like (instead of a Monte Carlo)

Same £500 buy in, 2pm start Fri and Saturday

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 10:01:25 PM »

Wow looks great but clashes with the "Las Vegas Team Challenge" live final, wonder how many sicko's will play Friday at DTD then hope to bust the LVTC if they have a stack for day 2?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 10:22:10 PM by Eso Kral » Logged

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 10:15:28 PM »

Wow looks great but clashes with the "Las Vegas Team Challenge" live final, wonder how many sicko's will play Friday at DTD then hope to bust the LVTC if they have a stack for day 2?Huh??

Sigh
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 10:22:30 PM by paulhouk03 » Logged

Just me
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 10:19:28 PM »

from memory they had played down to 16  runners by end of day 1 in the first lvtc

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 10:22:38 PM »

Wow looks great but clashes with the "Las Vegas Team Challenge" live final, wonder how many sicko's will play Friday at DTD then hope to bust the LVTC if they have a stack for day 2?Huh??

Isn't lvtc 2nd week of march?
Nah 1st weekend bud!!

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 10:23:43 PM »

from memory they had played down to 16  runners by end of day 1 in the first lvtc
So you play Friday DTD then  if you have a stack play LVTC and if your team does not have a chance just bust out then?

outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 10:25:52 PM »

So you play Friday DTD then  if you have a stack play LVTC and if your team does not have a chance just bust out then?

well if your team are in you'd probs have to stay, but if you are flying solo you could just run the maths on mvp and take a view

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2012, 02:46:54 AM »

Simon Aces Trumper

"Hi Ladies and Gents, just a quick note to say that the March £500 Deepstack (2nd - 4th March) will have a supersized GTE of £250,000 instead of £150,000, Nick, Rob and me have looked at our March - April diary and due to the Pokerstars UKIPT (£700 buy-in) and the Poker 770 (also £700 buy-in) being held at Dusk Till Dawn this March/April, we can't really find a way to hold a £1000 Monte Carlo in Ap...ril, so we thought it would be fun to give our £500 Deepstack the same GTE as a £1K Monte Carlo ie. £250,000, so hopefully our Monte Carlo players will be happy, they get the same GTE for 50% of the entry, and our Deepstack players get a bigger prizepool. I did explain to Rob that means we will need to get 500 players instead of our usual 250 for a £1k event to which he answered 'ahh, yeh, too late now to change our mind, it's all agreed' Smiley"

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2012, 10:24:24 PM »

when will late reg be on a friday and saturday?

Just me
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 10:30:57 PM »

It sounds really good and mega exciting.

There are many people out there who question whether or not it will make a guarantee, but I am pretty certain it will do.

there seems to be lots of issues with this though, especially the deal making thing, should people have the right to deal if they FT? Who knows. In a way they should, but sometimes there are players out there who will think/know they have no chance of 1st, so will be chasing a deal/laddering rather than imaing for top 3 etc. Knowing that a deal at the FT will be worth £15k min.

Hopefully I shall be in attendance, but I really do want to sateilite in (goes without saying really), as I hate departing with £560 out of back pocket!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: