blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:00:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272620 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  blonde Camera Club
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 112 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde Camera Club  (Read 256920 times)
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2012, 04:07:59 PM »

Took this one in our back garden about 3 years ago, looks like the snow flakes are lit up. Just a Kodak digital on either auto or night mode, can't remember.

Click to see full-size image.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 06:39:02 PM by Kev B » Logged

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2012, 04:12:53 PM »

Popped into curry's today and saw this deal, would be pretty good for someone starting out or wanting to upgrade from an older cam. couple of semi decent lenses included too.

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/canon-eos-1100d-digital-slr-camera-with-18-55mm-f-3-5-5-6-and-75-300-mm-f4-5-6-iii-lenses-11099693-pdt.html?intcmp=currys_seg_s2_DigitalSLRCameras_Canon1100DSave%C2%A3100_369613_03_24-12-11
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2012, 05:12:41 PM »

Taken today

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2012, 06:51:03 PM »

Some cracking photos there.

These might provide some more inspiration:
 http://photoblog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/02/07/10341356-a-frozen-waterfall-and-other-surreal-photos-from-an-iced-over-germany

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2012, 06:56:23 PM »

Brilliant stuff there Dan, unfortunately it feels like summer here so chances of me getting any similar this year are gone  Grin

Geo

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2012, 07:05:03 PM »

Gonna take my camera to the gym and see if I can find a subject on the way there or back to have a crack at.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2012, 07:12:49 PM »

lol loads of stuff like that hanging around Bracknell Cheesy

Nice photos tho

rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2012, 07:15:25 PM »

Sledging on Sunday. My younger little devil.

B&W cos it's poncier, innit.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2012, 07:18:59 PM »

Sledging on Sunday. My younger little devil.

B&W cos it's poncier, innit.

Nice shot Rex.

I have been experimenting with black and white but most of my pics look really pale. Just a beginner so any tips on settings for b&w appreciated. I just set to b&w and fire away, haven't a clue about changing other settings

Geo

rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2012, 07:37:05 PM »

These days, I take all my shots in RAW and do all the post-processing work in Adobe Lightroom. So this came out the camera in colour, and I've converted it - you can fiddle about with settings a bit to get nice contrast, but generally B&W works much better if the shot is nicely contrasty, which is why I decided to go with it for this one.

So I can't really help you much with in-camera B&W to be honest; just a question of picking your subject I think, the rest will depend on what you can do in the camera. That said, if you've got an SLR that will take RAW, I'd HIGHLY recommend Lightroom, pricey though it is. I took about 80 shots that afternoon (held the button down during some sledging runs!), and I imported, keyworded, classified, removed the dross, tidied up, did some minor post-processing on the reasonable one, in about 30 minutes. Then used a plugin to export to picasa. Does mostly the same for jpeg shots as well, but you leave a lot of your options open in RAW.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2012, 07:52:25 PM »

These days, I take all my shots in RAW and do all the post-processing work in Adobe Lightroom. So this came out the camera in colour, and I've converted it - you can fiddle about with settings a bit to get nice contrast, but generally B&W works much better if the shot is nicely contrasty, which is why I decided to go with it for this one.

So I can't really help you much with in-camera B&W to be honest; just a question of picking your subject I think, the rest will depend on what you can do in the camera. That said, if you've got an SLR that will take RAW, I'd HIGHLY recommend Lightroom, pricey though it is. I took about 80 shots that afternoon (held the button down during some sledging runs!), and I imported, keyworded, classified, removed the dross, tidied up, did some minor post-processing on the reasonable one, in about 30 minutes. Then used a plugin to export to picasa. Does mostly the same for jpeg shots as well, but you leave a lot of your options open in RAW.

(held the button down during some sledging runs!),

How did you keep it focused? Was it continuous AF or just like, depth of field? 

The older I get, the better I was.
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2012, 09:13:55 PM »

Phew!!

Sounds like hard work to me, think I'll just keep clicking and hope for the best - lol

Geo

ruthless1

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2012, 10:46:52 PM »

Popped into curry's today and saw this deal, would be pretty good for someone starting out or wanting to upgrade from an older cam. couple of semi decent lenses included too.

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/canon-eos-1100d-digital-slr-camera-with-18-55mm-f-3-5-5-6-and-75-300-mm-f4-5-6-iii-lenses-11099693-pdt.html?intcmp=currys_seg_s2_DigitalSLRCameras_Canon1100DSave%C2%A3100_369613_03_24-12-11
Nice camera esp for someone wanting to start out, i have one up the ESO 550, just started out a little more expensive and comes with standard lense to start with, but 18 mp is worth the extra pennies also you can record on the 550 but not sure on the 1100D.
rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2012, 10:49:31 PM »

(held the button down during some sledging runs!),

How did you keep it focused? Was it continuous AF or just like, depth of field? 

Continuous AF. There are a couple of possible modes on Canon DSLRs; the AI AF ones basically track movement - so it anticipates where your subject is going to be when the shutter goes. Pretty impressive really, and does a good job in my experience. Sports shots and fast moving stuff works very well. You can of course set it to single-shot AF so it locks focus on half-press of shutter, but the continuous sports mode gets set to AI AF by default unless you change it.

Phew!!

Sounds like hard work to me, think I'll just keep clicking and hope for the best - lol

Geo

I was trying to say that it makes things very easy Smiley. Once you've done it, you can organise your photos very easily. If you spend a little time keywording shots (and you can set up keyword hierarchies), you can then go back and search very very easily. Even when you take a boatload of jpegs you've got to do something with them, and Lightroom makes organising and classifying them very easy. I've been very impressed with it, and with software, I'm generally very hard to please!

rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2012, 10:56:49 PM »

Nice camera esp for someone wanting to start out, i have one up the ESO 550, just started out a little more expensive and comes with standard lense to start with, but 18 mp is worth the extra pennies also you can record on the 550 but not sure on the 1100D.

I'd agree 100% with this, I've got 550D as well. Problem with buying kits like that is that although they are perfectly usable lenses, you'll soon realise that you can do better (for a more money, obv!). I got the upgraditis bug very soon after buying mine. I now own 5 lenses, none of which are the original ones I got! If you are that type (and I should have known better, frankly, it's standard for me), then I'd look at simpler kit and buy/upgrade the lens after a while once you've sussed things out a bit.

Edit: Just noticed that kit is with the 75-300 lens - this gets generally poor reviews. If you want a 2 lens kit like this, I'd look for one with the 55-250; is much better regarded, although obviously you miss out a bit on the long end.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 11:00:56 PM by rex008 » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 112 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: