blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 03:42:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272643 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  blonde Camera Club
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 112 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde Camera Club  (Read 257106 times)
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 09, 2012, 08:11:15 PM »

Geo - VERY impressed with those photos, nice & crisp. You would appear to have a bent.

I can honestly say it's the camera that does the work. Like Tom said in his diary, with digital you can just snap away and then get rid of the dross, you'll surprise yourself, I certainly did.

Geo

Piffle!

Try sending the camera out on it's own.

Lol,

Was it Mansell who said a monkey could have driven his F1 car one season and win, all it needed was someone to steer and press the right buttons.

Whilst I did waste a bit of this morning on my mini recce I did get a few others but don't want to start clogging up threads with loads of pics, hence looking for advice in creating videos.

I have one other I'll stick up for you to have a look at

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 09, 2012, 08:13:23 PM »

Geo - VERY impressed with those photos, nice & crisp. You would appear to have a bent.

I can honestly say it's the camera that does the work. Like Tom said in his diary, with digital you can just snap away and then get rid of the dross, you'll surprise yourself, I certainly did.

Geo

Piffle!

I do actually think that is the case a lot of the time with these new cameras/lenses, as they are so good.
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 09, 2012, 08:14:53 PM »

I found this unusual stone on the riverbank today.

About the size of a grapefruit and almost totally round. It appears to be made up with a mixture of stones and was quite heavy.

It looks like it was made for some purpose, any ideas anyone?

Click to see full-size image.

Geo

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: February 09, 2012, 08:27:43 PM »

http://www.ashmolean.org/ash/britarch/highlights/stone-balls.html

The older I get, the better I was.
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 09, 2012, 08:38:34 PM »

Do you think?

If so I hope it's still were I replaced it today.

Geo

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: February 09, 2012, 08:41:03 PM »

I dunno Geo, but it certainly looks like it could be....

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: February 09, 2012, 08:49:18 PM »

Geo

Piffle!

I do actually think that is the case a lot of the time with these new cameras/lenses, as they are so good.

This is what the camera can't do for you.

http://www.photographymad.com/pages/view/10-top-photography-composition-rules

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 09, 2012, 08:53:00 PM »

Geo

Piffle!

Maybe but they have taken away a whole bunch of technical things you don't need to worry about too much or made them simpler for fish like us to understand/do. As a result we can focus on the fun stuff like the above.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 08:57:29 PM by Woodsey » Logged
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: February 09, 2012, 08:56:40 PM »

Geo

Piffle!

Maybe but they have taken away a whole bunch of technical things you don't need to worry about too much or made them simpler for fish like us to understand/do. As a result we can focus on the fun stuff like the above.

+1

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 09, 2012, 08:58:16 PM »

Geo

Piffle!

+1

Just looking at the pics I was taking 10 years ago compared to now to confirms what I'm saying about the gear. Its not even close, what I have learned since then only accounts for maybe 25% of the improvement, the rest is down to the new gear.
ManuelsMum

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 09, 2012, 11:16:19 PM »

Windows Movie Maker works fine for me Geo. I just import the pics, then drag them all down to the movie section, then import a song and drag it down too. You can preset the delay, and you can just drag pics on top of each other a little if you want a 'fade'.

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me i didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life.
J Lennon
Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 10, 2012, 10:21:09 AM »

This is from years and years ago and could have been a great picture with a decent camera!
Wasn't nearly as high as it looks, Skye in November so only just over 3000ft high. And Brocken Spectre's were everywhere to be seen. Which is apparently very rare.

This, another from Skye, was taken by a friend.

And a couple of days ago at the Commando Memorial near Spean Bridge (inspirational place at the best of times) the sky was incredible. But I only had my phone with me.  Sad

They're all pretty low-res so rather small to do them justice I'm afraid.

Stunning pics Somerled. What are Brockens spectre Btw?

If a man speaks in a forest and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?
Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 10, 2012, 10:28:09 AM »

Do you think?

If so I hope it's still were I replaced it today.

Geo
I hope you have been back for it first thing! update please!

If a man speaks in a forest and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 10, 2012, 10:37:23 AM »

This is from years and years ago and could have been a great picture with a decent camera!
Wasn't nearly as high as it looks, Skye in November so only just over 3000ft high. And Brocken Spectre's were everywhere to be seen. Which is apparently very rare.

This, another from Skye, was taken by a friend.

And a couple of days ago at the Commando Memorial near Spean Bridge (inspirational place at the best of times) the sky was incredible. But I only had my phone with me.  Sad

They're all pretty low-res so rather small to do them justice I'm afraid.

Love those, Sir, the third one is the Commando Memorial, just outside Spean Village.

I'll Post my Commando Memorial photo shortly & one or two from Skye, just to show how NOT to take photos.

Today, I plan to buy my new Geo-type Camera, & I read a link that Tom Posted yesterday ("Rule of Thirds" & all that), so by tomorrow, I'll be an expert.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 10, 2012, 10:45:44 AM »

On 2nd thoughts, I won't Post my Commando Memorial photos again, they are embarrassingly bad, having read that link Tom Posted.

I quite like this photograph on Skye, though, (note the "lines" running through it which catch the eye) but maybe I should actually get out of the car next time.....

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 112 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: