blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 05:32:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272643 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  blonde Camera Club
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 112 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde Camera Club  (Read 257121 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #270 on: February 23, 2012, 10:12:11 PM »

A lot of your pictures have been really excellent Dawn. What camera are you using?

The older I get, the better I was.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 23, 2012, 10:29:23 PM »

A lot of your pictures have been really excellent Dawn. What camera are you using?

Cheers Tom.  It's Jack's Canon G11 and we've no idea how to use it apart from 'auto' mode.  I'll be having a read of the manual tomorrow.

It's a bit bulky for stuffing in your pocket during long walks, so I'm hoping to get one of those cameras like the one suggested for Tony last week.  It seems a fair bit slimmer and the pictures posted from it have been nice enough.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 23, 2012, 10:42:38 PM »

Great pics Laxie. Immense colour!

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #273 on: February 23, 2012, 11:31:13 PM »

Cheers Tom.  It's Jack's Canon G11 and we've no idea how to use it apart from 'auto' mode.  I'll be having a read of the manual tomorrow.

It's a bit bulky for stuffing in your pocket during long walks, so I'm hoping to get one of those cameras like the one suggested for Tony last week.  It seems a fair bit slimmer and the pictures posted from it have been nice enough.

Not much in it size wise Dawn.

Cannon:  112.1 x 76.2 x 48.3 mm

Nikon: 109.9 X 76.5 X 78.4 mm

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 24, 2012, 07:46:38 AM »

Ugh.  You're right.  I hunted down the Nikon link again just to see.  Had it in my head it was smaller, but not sure why I ever thought it would be. 

Don't suppose there is such a thing as a proper good quality compact camera?

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 24, 2012, 08:23:44 AM »

It'd be no good to you Dawn, it requires skilled handling, & it is pretty high-tech stuff, too, so not ideal for female use, imo.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 24, 2012, 08:24:32 AM »

Nothing wintry has inspired me so far this month so I'll only add this one from a couple of years ago

Click to see full-size image.

Mainly I was trying to capture the snow falling - anybody got any hints about how to do that better?

Is that Nottingham station, Jon?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 24, 2012, 09:15:19 AM »

It'd be no good to you Dawn, it requires skilled handling, & it is pretty high-tech stuff, too, so not ideal for female use, imo.

Says the King of Blur.  Not convinced it's you taking the photos you've posted anyway.  Reckon you've had more help from that skirt wearing bloke you hang out with.

Machka

View Profile WWW
« Reply #278 on: February 24, 2012, 09:38:50 AM »

May I join in?  I'm liking the photos posted on this thread a lot.

A pair of swans and their signets on Southampton Common that Leo and I passed on a bike ride a while back.

A rare sight these days, a stag beetle I found wandering across the lawn in my back garden.

It was keep the catapillars or keep the brussell sprouts, we kept the catapillars.

Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #279 on: February 24, 2012, 09:55:47 AM »

May I join in?  I'm liking the photos posted on this thread a lot.

A pair of swans and their signets on Southampton Common that Leo and I passed on a bike ride a while back.

A rare sight these days, a stag beetle I found wandering across the lawn in my back garden.

It was keep the catapillars or keep the brussell sprouts, we kept the catapillars.

Love the beetle pic!
Im not going to get to take any more this month as work is manic, on another Photographic subject my daughter has just got her date for an interview at Falmouth Uni for Fashion Photography, she has just had an interview at London College of Fashion for the same course( something like 1500+ apply and there is 28 spaces, lol), she is so excited, only downside if she gets in would be all the camera gear going Sad

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #280 on: February 24, 2012, 09:56:33 AM »

Great stuff Mr Machka.

All these peeps looking at the world....   I love it.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #281 on: February 24, 2012, 10:01:31 AM »

Ugh.  You're right.  I hunted down the Nikon link again just to see.  Had it in my head it was smaller, but not sure why I ever thought it would be. 

Don't suppose there is such a thing as a proper good quality compact camera?

Yes there is Dawn.

Have a browse of these sites, Find something you think you might like, and then read the reviews carefully.

http://www.cameralabs.com/buyers_guide/compacts/best_compact_digital_camera.shtml

http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #282 on: February 24, 2012, 10:13:00 AM »

For what it's worth, this is my recommendation.

It's a bit pricey but It's a great camera.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5596076/Trail/searchtext%3ETZ18.htm

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 24, 2012, 10:27:28 AM »

Terrific photos Aaron (Machka), keep them coming, loved that beetle!

You took those photos with that little compact camera of yours? If so, amazing.

PS - I believe the correct spelling for baby swans is "cygnets", not "signets". The wonders of the English language. Swans, I'm sure you are already aware, almost always "mate for life", which is good, but they also seem to inbeed a great deal, which is not so good.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 10:29:47 AM by tikay » Logged

Machka

View Profile WWW
« Reply #284 on: February 24, 2012, 10:42:03 AM »

For what it's worth, this is my recommendation.

It's a bit pricey but It's a great camera.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5596076/Trail/searchtext%3ETZ18.htm

Personally, if I were recommending a compact super zoom I would go for my camera (well, I did!).  A Canon SX 220 HS.

http://snapsort.com/compare/Canon-SX220-HS-vs-Panasonic-TZ18

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 112 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: