blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 07:33:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  DTD & blonde going places. Together.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD & blonde going places. Together.  (Read 25649 times)
Solaris

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 06, 2012, 11:09:41 PM »

Haven't paid enough attention to 'The Rail' - seems I've missed out! Fantastic news in every sense of the world.

Well done to all involved.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 06, 2012, 11:25:52 PM »

Excellent news for all involved: well done to Tighty & Tikay for getting this off the ground.

I want to get something in about Ironside saying he was working on the hoof, but feel it might be inappropriate, so I'll resist.

Please don't resist I am the first to make the jokes, at myself and others if I am fit enough to make the bash the newer members that haven't met me might understand me better

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 06, 2012, 11:47:41 PM »

Great news looking forward to the future

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
The-Crow
~*v*~ (_)? ~*v*~

loves SkyPoker

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 06, 2012, 11:57:46 PM »

Sounds Great well done you guys.

Will there be reserved parking spaces for blondes at DTD

don't let all this stuff scare ya.  its all a bit of fun
Leatherman

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 06, 2012, 11:59:40 PM »

epic stuff..
already got pass for blonde bash..

dad dont dance

Satellite King
Fluence

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: February 07, 2012, 01:26:47 AM »

Wow, congrats on a great deal for Blonde.

I generally only come on here to follow the excellent live updates that Tighty and all the other updater's do, so it's a pity there will not be any from the GUKPT's in future (if I'm reading that right) but on the positive side there will be much more coverage of the DTD events. So that has to be good news.

Shame that your forum has to lose it's total independence/editorial freedom but with the running costs being what they are I understand. TBH I'd sell my granny for that sort of money.

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 07, 2012, 06:33:42 AM »

Awesome.
sharky_uk

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 07, 2012, 07:02:37 AM »

Sounds like a great deal for Blonde. Well done.

Ps. You need to change the 'Card Room' link at the top of this page.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: February 07, 2012, 08:02:32 AM »

Excellent news for all involved: well done to Tighty & Tikay for getting this off the ground.

I want to get something in about Ironside saying he was working on the hoof, but feel it might be inappropriate, so I'll resist.

Please don't resist I am the first to make the jokes, at myself and others if I am fit enough to make the bash the newer members that haven't met me might understand me better

JonMW said you can have his taxi...

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 07, 2012, 09:45:40 AM »

Morning all, well done both TK, Tighty, Rob and Simon... and everyone else behind the scenes on blonde and @ DTD!!!

Couple of small questions/ comments

- Diary 'area' sounds good!?
- DTD updates more often sounds great, what events will be covered? Interviews with winners PLEASE!
- DTD/ Blonde promotions, whats planned/ ideas?
- DTD League with 'money n teams' like the Luton one is a MUST pls pls pls!
- What about adding coaching threads/ boards? with DTD as a 'live' option thats something that could interest some..

Congrats.. I'll be up again soon im sure.

jb

rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: February 07, 2012, 09:46:00 AM »

I think this is great news for blonde; very well done and thanks to Rob and the DTD peeps.

The thread that got me to blonde in the first place:
http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=3985.0

Required reading, if you haven't already. Especially now.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 07, 2012, 09:49:16 AM »

Morning all, well done both TK, Tighty, Rob and Simon... and everyone else behind the scenes on blonde and @ DTD!!!

- DTD updates more often sounds great, what events will be covered? Interviews with winners PLEASE!
- DTD League with 'money n teams' like the Luton one is a MUST pls pls pls!
- What about adding coaching threads/ boards? with DTD as a 'live' option thats something that could interest some..

jb

1. Diary area. Was discussed publically a lot a year ago, decided against. That may change, its looked at a lot. For now it remains on the rail

2. 9 Deepstacks, 3 monte carlos, 4 grand prix's and another 8 events. (six maxes etc) so around 2 a month. Interviews with winners yes, good idea

3. to be advised

4. Again, no reason why we wouldn't do online leagues on DTD. On my list

5. Again, another good idea

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 07, 2012, 09:52:53 AM »

Fantastic news

It was being at DTD on a day when Blonde were also having a bash there that got me here ( I joined APAT for the same reason on an earlier trip)

Can't believe I'm the first to point out that DTD obviously have a 'thing' for blondes as can be seen from the Bikini Freeroll winners for the CPP

http://www.dusktilldawnpoker.com/blog.php?profile=4&id=198

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 07, 2012, 10:05:14 AM »

- DTD League with 'money n teams' like the Luton one is a MUST pls pls pls!- What about adding coaching threads/ boards? with DTD as a 'live' option thats something that could interest some..

jb

Tighty answered most of those questions, but the one I highlighted I would comment further.

The "Luton League" was NOT an Online League, it was a "Live Poker League", based on the regulars at G-Luton.

The point being......it was run BY the players, FOR the players, & was better for being done like that, it was simply a "Community Thing" that the lads ran.

There is no reason why any DTD &/or blonde regular could not start a "DTD Live Poker" Thread & "Fantasy League" or anything else similar - but to my mind, the endearing nature of the G-Luton "player threads" (which are in the Top 10 Viewed Threads of all time on blonde) HAVE to be run by the players themselves - THAT is what makes them so popular, they are for the players, by the players.

The key is to have a clever thread starter, someone who writes well, devotes 10 minutes daily, & does the humour thing. At Luton, Tighty & Chompy between them come up with all the nicks, & it all adds to the fun. "British Gas", "Angry Greg Raymer", "40 year heater", etc. We now all know these guys by those names irl.

If someone started a DTD Live Poker League, & it has any legs (it will need to be constantly updated, well written, & humorous) we - blonde, DTD, or myself, will chuck in some added value, some prizes, to help rev it up.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 10:07:25 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 07, 2012, 10:29:39 AM »

JonMW said you can have his taxi...
its ok I'll walk

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: