blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:40:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD £50,000 Guaranteed £150 Deepstack Day 2 and final
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD £50,000 Guaranteed £150 Deepstack Day 2 and final  (Read 51637 times)
Skippy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #255 on: February 19, 2012, 11:59:48 PM »

What are the pale blue chips?

Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 20, 2012, 12:09:22 AM »

What are the pale blue chips?

Titty bar tokens

fyp

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 20, 2012, 12:37:29 AM »

Ken, you called it. Internal combustion.

He is a really nice lad but Ive seen a lot of his play. His major fault is that he is a non believer. IMO with him being in the SB it was an easy pass.

You do know A5> KT all in pre, right ?

Anyone who calls this internal combustion doesn't understand how good Ambler is!

This is a great call and is an unfortunate part of real MTT needs - You get in as many +EV situations as possible I genuinely believe he knew he was ahead as soon as Khan shoved and it took all that time for him to talk himself into taking the 'flip' as you all see it. Win : 57.05% Tie : 0.38%.

Its a sick call and he got unlucky.. I think he played great and that Khan and Wates both played solid but ran golden when they needed.  (Wates aipf AQ vs Sunny Mistri QQ on day 2 etc...)

Bingham, Ambler and Pierrepoint played really well and its a shame another DTD final table ends with the better players taking a smaller chunk.  Get me to a big one so I can get my best pokers out!

Gl to all and thanks to Tighty and Rob for the commentary and to all the DTD staff.

TopTen

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 20, 2012, 01:04:31 AM »

He is a really nice lad but Ive seen a lot of his play. His major fault is that he is a non believer. IMO with him being in the SB it was an easy pass.

Anyone who calls this internal combustion doesn't understand how good Ambler is!

Just to clarify, I never claimed this call was due to "internal combustion" fatfish was just simply implying something I said previously. I know Tom and I know he his prone to the odd blow up but this hand in question or any of his play today doesnt warrant that label.

We all have our opinions and mine is that I could have easily laid that A 5 down, no problem. I could push with it but I couldnt see me calling with it. He's on the button the very next hand, why not carry on what he was doing best which was being aggressive in position rather than having to make hero calls that if he was wrong or was to lose the hand in question, it would leave him critical.
Solaris

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 20, 2012, 01:10:16 AM »

Just to clarify, I never claimed this call was due to "internal combustion" fatfish was just simply implying something I said previously. I know Tom and I know he his prone to the odd blow up but this hand in question or any of his play today doesnt warrant that label.

We all have our opinions and mine is that I could have easily laid that A 5 down, no problem. I could push with it but I couldnt see me calling with it. He's on the button the very next hand, why not carry on what he was doing best which was being aggressive in position rather than having to make hero calls that if he was wrong or was to lose the hand in question, it would leave him critical.

He was ahead. He obviously plays to win and if he felt he was ahead, has to call.

Really that simple imo.
TopTen

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 20, 2012, 01:22:07 AM »

He was ahead. He obviously plays to win and if he felt he was ahead, has to call.

Really that simple imo.

In hindsight, its easy for some to say its an obvious call but if Im basically putting my tournament life at risk, Im always shoving and letting the others make the difficult decision rather than hero calling!!!
ABDUL KHAN
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 20, 2012, 04:03:56 AM »

Wates utg raises to 200k at 40k/80k blinds wiith  

Khan 3 bets to 1.1m with  

900k for Wates to call. He is having a good old think about this. But decides to pass to the inferior hand.

I thought this was an incredible pass. In the upcoming break I spoke to Charlie. He saw a completely different behaviour from Khan, who looked him straight in the eye, whereas on every other raise he was looking around

I actually made a mistake and was suppose to 3 bet to 510k .... got the 25k chips mixed up .... in hindsight great mistake Wink
Charlie passed A-K
ABDUL KHAN
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 20, 2012, 04:08:56 AM »

when waites bet .. i made a MASSIVE mistake counting the chips my raise was suppose to be 510k ..... but in hindsight great mistake and a super tight fold .. PHEW Wink
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 20, 2012, 06:57:13 AM »

when waites bet .. i made a MASSIVE mistake counting the chips my raise was suppose to be 510k ..... but in hindsight great mistake and a super tight fold .. PHEW Wink

Never mind chap, a terrific result, & very well done you.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 20, 2012, 06:58:28 AM »

Many thanks to Tighty once again for the Live Update, ditto to Jill, & a special well done to Tighty for the commentary.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
MPOWER

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 20, 2012, 07:06:10 AM »

I thought Tighty was very very good  and well done and a big thank you to TopTen for posting on the Forum.

Regards

M
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 20, 2012, 08:58:51 AM »

I don't agree with the comment of "plays to win" because don't we all?

The unfortunate thing for Tom is that he can't pass his cards, at the FT and as CL (I think?) it's time to lock up.

I haven't read through all the pages of this thread (probably about 5) and every page that I did read was full of a HH with Tom!

Well done to everyone who cashed!
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 20, 2012, 09:28:06 AM »

The unfortunate thing for Tom is that he can't pass his cards, at the FT and as CL (I think?) it's time to lock up.

um what?

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
ABDUL KHAN
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 20, 2012, 11:43:12 AM »

Never mind chap, a terrific result, & very well done you.

Thanks Matey !
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 20, 2012, 12:14:34 PM »

i was always going to make the call with A5 when he shoved from the button haha... every1 with a clue knows its the right call.. whats sick was that it was going to effectivly cost me my tournament life if i lost.. hence the dwell up.

just to clarify for all of you that think it was a blow up.. A5 > K10 aipf...

also i dont know if you realise kenny he only jammed 10BBs... i had him marginally covered with 13BBs but its just a spot i can never pass in and have to sigh call..

great tournament tho, enjoyed re-reading updates.. hopefully i wont be skint when the next one comes along Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: