blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:54:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  DTD £150 deepstack FT hand..
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD £150 deepstack FT hand..  (Read 2774 times)
LeeMcshane

The only difference between praying in a Church an

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2012, 01:05:25 PM »

Definite fold by me.

Just because you can find better spots where  you can jam and take the blinds, I would rather them making the tricky call for there tournament life then me in a tricky spot .where like said above you could only be a 60/40. Me Personally im looking at A10+ making the call at a min as i want to have the guys range crushed when making these calls.

The only difference between praying in a Church and praying at the poker table is that when you pray at the poker table you really mean it.
BulldozerD

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2012, 01:11:54 PM »

Probably a fold, not folding A8+ though
WotRTheChances
MinRaiseFTW, WotRTheChances, Quelles_Sont

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2012, 03:12:00 PM »

Fold. I probably call A8o+, A7s+, KQo+, KJs+, 66+. It's tighter than an online MTT calling range in this spot, but live you expect to have a much greater edge, so as mentioned, no need to reduce this too much by taking certain 'flips'. I would want to be calling with hands are dominating/70:30 hands a decent amount. ICM is obv a factor, but there are definately better spots to be using your stack than flicking it in with A5o here. (wont bother going into the maths... it's been covered in a few other posts)
sm00035

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2012, 04:50:50 PM »

Fold. I probably call A8o+, A7s+, KQo+, KJs+, 66+. It's tighter than an online MTT calling range in this spot, but live you expect to have a much greater edge, so as mentioned, no need to reduce this too much by taking certain 'flips'. I would want to be calling with hands are dominating/70:30 hands a decent amount. ICM is obv a factor, but there are definately better spots to be using your stack than flicking it in with A5o here. (wont bother going into the maths... it's been covered in a few other posts)

This. ICM is a massive factor, not to mention your edge and the fact you say the player on your left is a huge nit.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2012, 05:20:52 PM »

i've not read the OP, but if Sammy Mac says it's a fold there is no way anyone in the world should be calling

sm00035

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2012, 05:34:06 PM »

i've not read the OP, but if Sammy Mac says it's a fold there is no way anyone in the world should be calling

Although I might be bored, may feel like he is taking the piss out of my blinds, or nandos might be closing so flick in a call Smiley
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2012, 07:04:39 PM »

If you are most clued up person at the table it means your oppos are going to be making more mistakes than you. When you call all-in for a flip you aren't forcing your oppos to make mistakes you are allowing them to freeroll your ability with a flip coup which suits them more than you. With identified weak laddering oppos behind pushing is much better than calling and I do a fold. Button oppo hasn't made a mistake by jamming so fair play sigh fold imo. Perhaps minor tilt in taking on marginal gamble after losing chunk and being card dead?

looking back kinda regret making the call.. obviously if i would have won the hand it would be a totally different story. I totally agree that the tilt factor was deffinatly there, being due to the fact that i only had 1 hand all final, that being  ...  another reason was that the guy to my right was seemingly running insane, and even if not was opening on average 4x... its very hard to exploit playing such shallow stacks.. he also shipped 25bbs from the HJ and showed AKo.. nice guy.. just had a style of play which tilted me :/
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2012, 07:19:51 PM »

Although I might be bored, may feel like he is taking the piss out of my blinds, or nandos might be closing so flick in a call Smiley

All very solid justifications imo.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2012, 07:34:48 PM »

Clear fold, surprised at ppl saying otherwise

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
brookie

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2012, 07:38:30 PM »

sorry to say this and im going to get slated for it but i found the f/t very boring
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2012, 12:10:17 AM »

can't have them taking the piss out of your blinds!
man i'd pay $1k for a nando's right now, maybe more even...

sm00035

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2012, 12:24:16 AM »

I like to think of me and my chips as an army. The boys out on the front line are just as important as the others and you never leave men behind.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2012, 12:27:37 AM »

I like to think of me and my chips as an army. The boys out on the front line are just as important as the others and you never leave men behind.

There's no 'pawn sacrifice' on the poker battle field!!

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2012, 01:20:49 AM »

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: