blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:40:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  AKhh vs fishy player
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AKhh vs fishy player  (Read 2254 times)
LeeMcshane

The only difference between praying in a Church an

View Profile WWW
« on: February 22, 2012, 02:22:29 PM »

Was playing the 50/1 at DTD the other day had a guy to my right who has been playing really loose and making pretty bad calls constaantly but then out drawing just playing pure terrible. I spoke to someone i know and they said that my play was pretty strange now i personally still think its a pretty standard move. Will post his hand after a few hands so i can get a idea of the hands you think he is playing in his range.

I'm in BB: sat back £380 

Villian in CO: sat back £220

Utg straddles to £2 6 limps around to me and i raise to £22 folded around to villian who flats.

Flop:  two hearts two spades

I Cbet for £25,

Villian re pops to £50 and i instant shove. Putting him on a wide range of hands i dont think he makes this play with any decent PP and not a 2 as i cant see this hand in his range unless he has 22 but i stilll think his line is weird. At most i can put him on is a flush draw as well.

He tanks for a little and says callls.

What hand do you think he has and also would you also snap reshove this board texture? I think the play is right just a friend who i discuss hands with thinks i should fold which i think is ubber nitty!
FLop

The only difference between praying in a Church and praying at the poker table is that when you pray at the poker table you really mean it.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 02:43:18 PM »

Don't like the instant shove. Looks too planned and stinks of flush draw. If you sit and think for at least a few seconds I think you get more folds.

He's probably got 33, 44, 55, 77 or any hand with a 6 in it. Much better than this and he calls your shove quickly instead of thinking.

It all looks standard to be honest. Can't really fault any of it.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
LeeMcshane

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 02:52:09 PM »

Well once i see the flop I was always getting it in so was planned on the flop if he raised me on it, Just because of how he has been playing.

The only difference between praying in a Church and praying at the poker table is that when you pray at the poker table you really mean it.
WotRTheChances
MinRaiseFTW, WotRTheChances, Quelles_Sont

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 03:22:51 PM »

Clear shove. Probably not insta-shoving... although that's something I never do, but villain is repping a tiny amount of actual value hands: 2x (lol), 66-99, 6x. Obviously he should be folding basically his entire range on this board when you shove, except 2x and 66, possibly 88/99. Either way you have good equity vs his range and he should be folding a bunch, even if he is a bit of a spewy station.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 03:31:46 PM »

seems very stnd, you dominate all flush draws and are flipping with stuff like 66 - 88, if he has a 2 it's not even the end of the world.

don't snap do anything btw, even if something is extremely obvious, just take a second to make sure you haven't made a mistake, mis-read your hand or ms counted his chips or something, 1 time in 100 you'll stop yourself doing something stupid and save yourself a good few quid. also tougher decisions will take more time so fast decisions kind of polarise you to a monster hand you've gotten excited with, or a pre-empted semi-bluff like matt says, if you take a minute it serves a good purpose to chking you haven;t done something stupid and it balances the times you wanna take a minute or so out nicely.

don't over do it ofc, just 10-12 seconds is usually ok

superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 04:15:09 PM »

Is there a case for a raise here rather than a shove? Isn't a shove more likely to fold out loads of hands you dominate?

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 04:22:16 PM »

Is there a case for a raise here rather than a shove? Isn't a shove more likely to fold out loads of hands you dominate?

i assume you mean call rather than raise.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 04:44:35 PM »

No, I meant raise. Villain has raised to £50, Hero has £333. Pot is £129. A raise to say £125 is less likely to fold out the dominated hands, could induce a shove, and if not means all money can go in on a decent turn card?

Although following on from your post, is there a case for a call for similar reasons to my original question?

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, 05:23:10 PM »

Completely standard play tbh. But as others have said, don't snap jam... just do it in tempo.

Re: the suggestion of making a smaller 3bet on the flop... No other 3bet size makes sense since with these effective stacks there is no further leverage point (ok, maybe a CIB can be squeezed in but I don't bother with this sort of crap).
LeeMcshane

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 11:14:55 PM »

Understanding the tempo of my shove how it can be seen by Villian. The hand he had was  three clubs three diamonds and i lost the pot as missed eveything.

Which i still think was a very poor call on his part, even if he is putting me on a flush draw as im bound to have overs as well.

Ps did get it all back of him later when he called me off with 3rd pair haha

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2012, 12:00:50 AM »

I only usually like a snap jam when I have quad 33s on A33xA for example and it's obvious the other guy has an ace. Give the board a glance, give a shrug and a casual "its obv a chop" look and just say allin. That's usually the line I take when I have quads vs nut boats.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2012, 12:06:39 AM »

I only usually like a snap jam when I have quad 33s on A33xA for example and it's obvious the other guy has an ace. Give the board a glance, give a shrug and a casual "its obv a chop" look and just say allin. That's usually the line I take when I have quads vs nut boats.

shameless

Rivertony

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2012, 03:18:38 AM »

Standard play, not sure how 33 calls it off tho! Learn to flip better :-)
LeeMcshane

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2012, 11:04:15 AM »

Standard play, not sure how 33 calls it off tho! Learn to flip better :-)

Trying to.. Been sat at home running this hand over and over with a pack of cards until the varience changes! still no luck Haha

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2012, 11:54:54 AM »

Hopefully other guy would reply yep obv a chop and slow roll his quad aces in this spot.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: