blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:21:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Poker 770 Staking (MY 1ST STAKING THREAD!) [SOLD OUT]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Poker 770 Staking (MY 1ST STAKING THREAD!) [SOLD OUT]  (Read 8832 times)
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2012, 10:58:31 AM »

If you ask for 100% staking I assume you have no bankroll to speak of ?.... to ask for 100% continuously in £500 + comps is not a one off but either a monster freeroll or playing massively outside of bankroll... did Dubai say that even if cashed nicely would still ask for 100% staking ? that can't be right can it ?

People can ask whatever they so wish - nobody, ever, is forced to buy.

I would like to assume that most who buy action know how many beans make five, too.

these are questions not statements...u urself are a great advocate of playing within ur means...just saying..no offense

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2012, 11:00:02 AM »

almost anybody with 1k+ posts can and will sell out for any tournament under 2k on this forum. For people who buy pieces reguarly its actually quite dangerous and bad.

I've bought as high as 1.6 this year and on average at about 1.25, probably just about got value. I've sold once this year and sold at 1.15 and insta had people telling me that I should sell higher etc. I know its a market here and you can sell whatever you like at whatever price as long as people buy but I really think there should be some kind of guidelines and it should always be x% at 1.x because alot of the time people buying into these 30/70 deals don't realise how much markup they are paying or how profitable the deal is. This is coming from somebody who bought and profited from a 30/70 deal this weekend.

I think you badly misunderstand why some of us buy action in some players, & our intelligence, with due respect.

I know precisely what I am paying, & do so with my eyes wide open. I have a very defined list of individuals for whom I do it, too.

No regrets here whatsoever, & long may it last.

I hope this does not come across as rude, it is not intended to.

lol I don't doubt that you know exactly what you are doing. You are obviously shrewd guy, however I think many many people will "have a punt" when they are really not getting a good deal.

I think if somebody is going to have a big win and keep asking for staking then they should probably be in makeup with regular buyers.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2012, 11:02:32 AM »

people understand %'s a lot better, 1.0, 1.5, 1.2, 1.3 etc all very easy to understand, I just think sometimes people punt in the 30/70 delas thinking they are getting a better deal as they only need to pay £55 for 10% rather than £66 from somebody selling at a higher mark up etc.

Hope this isn't looking like a big debate and sorry to derail the thread but I like talking about staking and think its important that the market stays in good shape.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 12:45:29 PM by pleno1 » Logged

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2012, 11:07:27 AM »

New thread on The Rail so as to not mess up Jons thread any more than it is? Think this is a very good discussion
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2012, 11:12:06 AM »

its similar to paying tax before and after the horse wins hard held
JK

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2012, 11:24:55 AM »

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=56992.0
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2012, 12:41:42 PM »

If you want a chance of selling out to random people who don't know you you'll need to drop the mark up I think.

1.25 with no pedigree is very much mates rates.

If you sell at 1:1 you get to keep 25% for yourself for the same investment you're looking at now but you will almost definitely sell out.

Hopefully you'll sell anyway but if you're struggling this might help.

Good luck.

Matt

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2012, 01:01:32 PM »

Will take 5% for the sweat jon. Will you be at DTD this week?

Hero, ty
will be at DTD for as long as I am in the comp, providing I sell out

JK

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2012, 01:06:13 PM »

Will take 5% for the sweat jon. Will you be at DTD this week?

Hero, ty
will be at DTD for as long as I am in the comp, providing I sell out

Will bring it you tmoro then if you do. GL!
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2012, 01:14:04 PM »

tyty
and yeah I was worried about this Matt, but will continue to try and sell out at this rate - may just have a chance of getting there

action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2012, 06:52:01 PM »

tyty
and yeah I was worried about this Matt, but will continue to try and sell out at this rate - may just have a chance of getting there

bad attitude imo. Basically admitting its bad value then keeping the rate the same
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2012, 07:00:35 PM »

tyty

bad attitude imo. Basically admitting its bad value then keeping the rate the same

I don't think it's bad value - I'm just not sure whether I have the rep on here to be able to sell out

action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2012, 07:05:06 PM »

tyty

I don't think it's bad value - I'm just not sure whether I have the rep on here to be able to sell out

yeh dude you gotta take a hit though to start off
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2012, 07:12:15 PM »

tyty

yeh dude you gotta take a hit though to start off

yeah that's fair - think I may be able to reach it by selling bits and pieces to some other people not on blonde
it's also nice to get a feeler as to how much interest I can get on here, for both present and future reference if I decide to run other BAPs in regards to pricing
obviously reputations need to be built

JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2012, 09:13:28 PM »

Rob offered to put the remaining amount up for me, which means we will be in action tomorrow!
Will bring updates to this thread each break

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: