blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:15:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Poker 770 Staking (MY 1ST STAKING THREAD!) [SOLD OUT]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Poker 770 Staking (MY 1ST STAKING THREAD!) [SOLD OUT]  (Read 8830 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2012, 01:01:49 AM »

Wanting to sell 70% of my action at 80/20 in the upcoming Poker770 tournament - playing Day 1a on Wednesday.

makes it confusing for some if you change it to 1.25 people know exactly what they are getting and for what price JMHO
but then again i never stake or get staked so maybe i am out of touch with the kids

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2012, 01:06:30 AM »

edited with help from Dan Edler, the hero
all reads golden now, yes?

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2012, 01:13:02 AM »

looks good now good luck with this

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2012, 01:19:09 AM »

looks good now good luck with this
ty Smiley

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2012, 01:26:38 AM »

Change your post to say you are selling 80% @1.25 of a £650 comp

Therefore 1%= £8.125
5%= £40.625
10%= £81.25

Thats how you want it work- otherwise you are selling at 1.0

Dont get confused with these 30/70 after stakebacks sales, which are the worst value ever and should be banned due to praying on peoples naivety

"should be banned due to praying on peoples naivety"

Well thanks for that accusation Dave. You've managed to embarrass me if nothing else.

My last stakers include Matt Russell, Tony Kendall, Nick Hicks & Keith Hawkins, (among others) I'm sure they have their own reasons for buying a piece of me occasionally, and they are probably not based on how good the value is.

There are other possibilities you know. These people may well be, shall we say, a little philanthropic, but I can assure you they are certainly not naive.

It must be nice to be in a position where you don't need staking, but can pass judgement on those who do.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 02:17:24 AM by RED-DOG » Logged

The older I get, the better I was.
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2012, 02:21:52 AM »

If you want to get offended it's upto you. It's obviously worse value than those selling at non 30/70 nonsense. I would sell at a lower price than the 30/70ers for the same comp which says it all

But as I said I have no problem people needing a hand for a comp, I've needed more hands than the whole forum combined id guess and will do again no doubt. Just don't think it's right sellers dont realise they are being done a favour at these rates and not visa versa

It wasn't a dig at you personally, you are likeable and honest, and could just say under it and people would buy as you would if it was reversed
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2012, 02:35:43 AM »

If you want to get offended it's upto you. It's obviously worse value than those selling at non 30/70 nonsense. I would sell at a lower price than the 30/70ers for the same comp which says it all

But as I said I have no problem people needing a hand for a comp, I've needed more hands than the whole forum combined id guess and will do again no doubt. Just don't think it's right sellers dont realise they are being done a favour at these rates and not visa versa

It wasn't a dig at you personally, you are likeable and honest, and could just say under it and people would buy as you would if it was reversed

You are just assuming that  sellers don't realise they are being done a favour at these rates and not visa versa. I do, and so do most others imo.

I have no problem with your opinion as you have now expressed it, but with respect, you didn't say "Sellers don't realise they are being done a favour".  You said,  "should be banned due to praying on peoples naivety"  Which is a different thing entirely.

The older I get, the better I was.
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2012, 02:40:11 AM »

I should have readdressed it as ungrateful multiple sellers. Apologies.

10% of next Dtd pls haha Smiley
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2012, 02:50:27 AM »

people selling 100% and recieving 30% of the cash is the equivelent of selling at a shade over 1.4

people selling 70% at just above 1.4 is the same, worded differently but the same  

dunno if people are being sneaky doing the first rather than the second or if its shrewd or if they haven't given it a thought. Both are effectively a 30% freeroll just incase anyone is struggling for the figures.

this is without stake back ^^^^  with stake back its a shade over 1.3
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 02:56:26 AM by action man » Logged
JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2012, 10:09:40 AM »

I thunk its a bit unfair to cover all people that have done 70/30 deals with the same brush. I was as open as I could be and gave stakeback so a to cut the markup. I had 1 pm saying I may have to look at dropping to 25/75, but I sold out at the former.

I never thought for one second that the deal I was offering was an amazing one, nor do I feel I was doing my backers a favour playing. I just have no other way to play a £560 event and didnt want to miss such a massive prizepool. Im sure Tom feels the same way.

Not offended here, just giving my view.

Will take 5% for the sweat jon. Will you be at DTD this week?
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2012, 10:37:42 AM »

almost anybody with 1k+ posts can and will sell out for any tournament under 2k on this forum. For people who buy pieces reguarly its actually quite dangerous and bad.

I've bought as high as 1.6 this year and on average at about 1.25, probably just about got value. I've sold once this year and sold at 1.15 and insta had people telling me that I should sell higher etc. I know its a market here and you can sell whatever you like at whatever price as long as people buy but I really think there should be some kind of guidelines and it should always be x% at 1.x because alot of the time people buying into these 30/70 deals don't realise how much markup they are paying or how profitable the deal is. This is coming from somebody who bought and profited from a 30/70 deal this weekend.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2012, 10:47:54 AM »

almost anybody with 1k+ posts can and will sell out for any tournament under 2k on this forum. For people who buy pieces reguarly its actually quite dangerous and bad.

I've bought as high as 1.6 this year and on average at about 1.25, probably just about got value. I've sold once this year and sold at 1.15 and insta had people telling me that I should sell higher etc. I know its a market here and you can sell whatever you like at whatever price as long as people buy but I really think there should be some kind of guidelines and it should always be x% at 1.x because alot of the time people buying into these 30/70 deals don't realise how much markup they are paying or how profitable the deal is. This is coming from somebody who bought and profited from a 30/70 deal this weekend.

I didnt want to say myself...
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2012, 10:49:07 AM »

I think you badly misunderstand why some of us buy action in some players, & our intelligence, with due respect.

I know precisely what I am paying, & do so with my eyes wide open. I have a very defined list of individuals for whom I do it, too.

No regrets here whatsoever, & long may it last.

I hope this does not come across as rude, it is not intended to.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 10:52:21 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2012, 10:53:43 AM »

If you ask for 100% staking I assume you have no bankroll to speak of ?.... to ask for 100% continuously in £500 + comps is not a one off but either a monster freeroll or playing massively outside of bankroll... did Dubai say that even if cashed nicely would still ask for 100% staking ? that can't be right can it ?

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2012, 10:56:22 AM »

If you ask for 100% staking I assume you have no bankroll to speak of ?.... to ask for 100% continuously in £500 + comps is not a one off but either a monster freeroll or playing massively outside of bankroll... did Dubai say that even if cashed nicely would still ask for 100% staking ? that can't be right can it ?

People can ask whatever they so wish - nobody, ever, is forced to buy.

I would like to assume that most who buy action know how many beans make five, too.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: