blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 07:46:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272431 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 277 278 [279] 280 281 282 283 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1413633 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #4170 on: January 10, 2014, 05:30:46 PM »

You seem obsessed with how much money you are making and are going to make.

Are you actually intending to spend a bit of it at some stage, or will you just pile it up into a big mound and ski down it?

It was asked in a slightly joking manner, but it's a serious question.

What plans have you got with all the money you've made?

Do you intend on playing poker for the foreseeable future/forever?

Or would you like to do something else?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #4171 on: January 10, 2014, 06:31:17 PM »

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4172 on: January 10, 2014, 06:35:16 PM »

BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #4173 on: January 10, 2014, 06:35:52 PM »

Stole my Gif Dave! FFS could not get that one to copy in. I just googled breaking bad money pile!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #4174 on: January 10, 2014, 08:08:09 PM »

You seem obsessed with how much money you are making and are going to make.

Are you actually intending to spend a bit of it at some stage, or will you just pile it up into a big mound and ski down it?

It was asked in a slightly joking manner, but it's a serious question.

What plans have you got with all the money you've made?

Do you intend on playing poker for the foreseeable future/forever?

Or would you like to do something else?

I think anybody who works in a job that doesnt have a fixed salary should be extremely passionate about making sure they are earning the maximum. For example a lot of guys have the thought of

I dont want to sacrifice my social life and thus play 9-5 every day like a job so I can see my friends.

My view is more

I want to play when the games are absolute best, so will revolve my whole life and structure around it. Thus I try to play at 11pm-4am most days.

The most important thing is balance. Playing poker is great, seeing friends is great, drinking alcohol is semi great and playing football is great, doing too much of any of them will be bad, having a perfect mix of them all together will or should make you very very happy.

In terms of being obsessed about how much money I make, I dont really think thats very true. Am I concious that poker wont be here forever and I want to maximise the money whilst I can? Absolutely. Do I want to make myself the absolute best player that I can to give myself a chance of making as much money as possible? Yes.

I am in a very lucky position as a poker player in that I have a full time salary which is competitive to my poker earnings and that makes me spend time on that and thus 1) I dont have as much financial stress becuase at the end of the month there is a pay check and bills can be paid and 2) It gives me balance and also the feeling for value for money that some players who win or lose 1k or more in a day will potentially have.

I also do a lot of private coaching every month to secure extra sources of income that could have a negative effect on my game. I just made a 15 part video series and sold it to a bunch of players that would potentially be playing in my games. So I respect money and try to make a balance between doing enough outside of poker to have a steady source of income whilst also playing very hard at the tables to maximise earnings there.

I havent posted a monetary graph all month so far and hoping to stick to that. Maybe in a monthly review, right now I am focusing on hitting a goal and target of Supernova Elite and thats what I will base most things around.

As far as playing poker for the forseeable future? Absolutely. I think I have the perfect personality to be in this for the long haul, Im competitive, love to be challenged and enjoy the game immensely. Theshit I see every day makes me think its not going anywhere quickly.

This year Im really in the zone, everything seems to just be falling into place perfectly.

Vamooooossss

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #4175 on: January 10, 2014, 09:08:20 PM »

The last paragraph makes it sound like it's part of a poorly written soap opera just before everything goes down hill. Absolutely hope/expect that not to be the case!

Think balance is the most important part of playing poker long term. Too many people become obsessed with the game and start to lose their minds a bit when they begin studying/playing  too much, think that mixed with a downswing is a timebomb.

Feel like you are going about things entirely the right way with an ideal mindset. I just need to get there!

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #4176 on: January 10, 2014, 09:49:22 PM »

The year I got SNE I was like a zombie for the last 3 months.

I think it's very good idea you've set yourself the target on getting there at the end of November.

It might not be the same for you - but days off - even weeks off are crucial.

I was sick of the sight of Pokerstars by December 31st.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #4177 on: January 10, 2014, 10:05:55 PM »

Yeah I dont want to binge at it later in the year.

Ill just hopefully work hard all year, 5 days a week for a few hours each day. Just a job innit and my end of year work bonus is abit bigger than normal!

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #4178 on: January 10, 2014, 11:38:15 PM »

Too many people become obsessed with the game and start to lose their minds a bit when they begin studying/playing  too much, think that mixed with a downswing is a timebomb.

I can relate to this.  Did my nut tonight for all of these reasons.

Arise Sir Gill, The Oracle.
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #4179 on: January 10, 2014, 11:40:57 PM »

Too many people become obsessed with the game and start to lose their minds a bit when they begin studying/playing  too much, think that mixed with a downswing is a timebomb.

I can relate to this.  Did my nut tonight for all of these reasons.

Arise Sir Gill, The Oracle.

You trying to get into my Sig?

You're going the right way about doing so

BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #4180 on: January 11, 2014, 12:24:00 AM »

Jonathon don't panda to his ego! His head is big enough as it is!!! Tom not pads!

"ace high"

theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #4181 on: January 11, 2014, 02:28:08 AM »

Jonathon don't panda to his ego! His head is big enough as it is!!! Tom not pads!

I say something nice to someone and you snap get mardy about it!!!!

DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #4182 on: January 11, 2014, 02:58:10 AM »

Too much pandering ITT

« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 03:00:21 AM by DMorgan » Logged

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #4183 on: January 11, 2014, 03:28:33 AM »

bros, take your fueds elsewhere. just love in this thread this year

JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #4184 on: January 11, 2014, 03:46:11 AM »

Apologies. Confirmed Panda

Pages: 1 ... 275 276 277 278 [279] 280 281 282 283 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: