blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 03:00:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272635 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Ruling Q
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ruling Q  (Read 2681 times)
permanentquandary
DTD Dealer: Adam

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2012, 08:17:36 PM »

I'm not going to undermine our TDs because they are all brilliant. What I will say is that the leftmost card on the flop would have been the burn card if the dealer had done it right initially because we will always deal the flop one card at a time left to right as standard DTD policy. They have been phasing out 3 card flops even though IMO it looks better and is quicker. But the protection of players against mechaniching the deck is more important than speed and any dealer flair.

"Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever."
Alverton

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2012, 09:07:34 PM »

Put the flop back in the pack, reshuffle

god no

we now have the wrong turn and river

Dear god NO.  Hate this wrong turn, river malarkey.  2 random cards which aren't in play yet, means they are still random.
RH12

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2012, 09:38:56 PM »

If what Mr Quandry said above is being adhered to, which i assume it was, then where is the issue? The 1st 'flop' card becomes the burn card, the 4th card completes the flop, turn and river as per.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2012, 10:52:48 PM »

gatso: not buying this "correct" turn and river stuff. I never have.

The turn and river are going to be 2 random cards from the deck.

If we reshuffle the turn and river are still going to be 2 random cards from the deck.

So the same.

the 3 cards on our incorrect flop are also 3 random cards so why do we need to change them?

as I said, my favoured option is to just keep this flop

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
MATHburns
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2012, 06:19:16 PM »

I also am failing to see where the problem could come from. Can someone explain how the flop was dealt because as Mr Quandary said above, we are all trained to deal the flop one card at a time. Indeed, I had a similar situation on a cash table with Mr Zerofive when I dealt the flop without burning but just turned the first exposed card into the burn and added a card on the end to complete it.

And as for dealing "true" turn and river cards, I thought that only applied when there is betting on further rounds, but I could be wrong.
rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2012, 12:08:34 AM »

I'm guessing he dealt 3 face down, flipped them over, then spread them, which would make the burn card the one on the right. Possibly. That's the only other way I've ever seen it done, but I've seen it like that regularly in DTD with blow-in dealers.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
WotRTheChances
MinRaiseFTW, WotRTheChances, Quelles_Sont

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2012, 05:11:29 AM »

gatso: not buying this "correct" turn and river stuff. I never have.

The turn and river are going to be 2 random cards from the deck.

If we reshuffle the turn and river are still going to be 2 random cards from the deck.

So the same.

So much this. Tilts me pretty hard when they put out the 'correct' turn/river.... it's random... totally random, no-one knows if reshuffling will make the turn/river better for either player.

Not really sure how the dealer can't know which card came first, surely dealers deal the same way every time, so the same card will always be the first one.

As I mentioned on another thread, the stardard of dealers is definately getting worse, mistakes like this more common.... stuff like this is just embarrassing.
permanentquandary
DTD Dealer: Adam

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2012, 07:42:36 AM »

I just realised OP is not talking about DTD lol

"Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever."
rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2012, 08:34:08 AM »

I just realised OP is not talking about DTD lol

I blame you for me thinking it was too Smiley.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
Shogun112

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2012, 11:52:01 AM »

What would be a standard ruling for a duplicate card ?

e.g all in pot hu board runs out  xxx 

I heard of this once before.  One table had 53 cards somehow, other table had 51.  Tournament was cancelled and restarted.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: