blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 11:53:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  A bad week
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A bad week  (Read 3978 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« on: April 03, 2012, 07:33:44 PM »

a) My car broke down a few weeks ago, 1 hour on motorway, soaked on one rainy day in god knows how long (with allied risk of short circuiting myself). BMW dealer suggests timing chains might be broken. Anyone who knows the modern diesel engine on the 3 series knows this is fairly major. Oh shit.

Pay car dude to move to another shop. Coupla weeks later - confirmed, car fixed bill is £2300

b) In August I got pulled for speeding, paid the conditional offer and was pretty teed off with myself as barring motorways I'm normlly pretty religious about observing speed limts.

It was returned a few weeks later as I'd only sent the paper license, they couldn't accept payment as they need the photocard too. Couldn't find it and had to apply to DVLA. By the time I got it I had already received a letter saying the case was being referred to magistrates and there could be no correspondence. Did the guilty by post thing for a court date of 26/3. Then received a letter saying I had to attend instead - today. Thought they'd seen the amazing clarity of my case begging for the fine not to be increased due to circs etc.

At court I summarised my mitigation - ie I paid, it was returned, by the time I could pay the case had already been referred. In summary, I didn't try to avoid payment but cirucmstances blah blah. I was thinking what a good job I did and the bench seemed smiley and caring, except for the bastardo in the middle

She didnt really listen, i asked if she listened but she moved on to the fine of £615 pretty swiftly. I said that was very expensive for losing a photocrd. She said they don't have much discretion. I then ranted  a bit. Joke, idiots, why are they called a court if they have no discretion, how much had she raised this week, why was the offence of losing a photocard 10 x that of speeding. By this time she asked if she could speak and I said something along the lines of 'I don't really give a shit'. She had the last laugh though as she mentioned the 5 points on the license.

I did an Oliver and requested 'make it more, why not'. At least she didn't take me up on that

Cost £615 + 5 pts

c) I need a tree removed. A tree. A big one mind. One that needs expert attention.

Experts are expensive - total cost first quote £2900

One week -£5815, + 5 pts

Aah, that was cathartic - crying a bit but I'll be OK

sola virtus nobilitat
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 07:39:41 PM »

standard

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 07:55:15 PM »

That sucks, not sure how the week could improve to make it better, but I genuinely hope it does Smiley

Chin up

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 07:56:17 PM »

standard

lol, that may be true for you but I normally run good :-)

sola virtus nobilitat
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 07:58:05 PM »

standard

heh.

the run good is having a car that can incur a 2.3k repair bill that's worth paying and a house with a garden big enough for a nice tree.  this is the variance kicking in yo. Smiley

glad you didn't get electrocuted though.  hope the rest of the week is awesome!

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 07:58:19 PM »

That sucks, not sure how the week could improve to make it better, but I genuinely hope it does Smiley

Chin up

It's bad but I'm fortunate, I can pay this stuff so can boil it down to 'it's just money'.. with a few days whining first anyway :-)

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2012, 07:59:40 PM »

standard

heh.

the run good is having a car that can incur a 2.3k repair bill that's worth paying and a house with a garden big enough for a nice tree.  this is the variance kicking in yo. Smiley

glad you didn't get electrocuted though.  hope the rest of the week is awesome!

Spot on

sola virtus nobilitat
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2012, 08:31:44 PM »

Hilarious Cheesy

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2012, 09:44:27 PM »

just do the tree next week. that's this week's costs halved. no need to thank me

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
WPIL

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2012, 09:55:57 PM »

Re the Tree - had one taken out a few years when we moved into our new house (2007?) and it cost £200 think it was local contractor in Garston and they took it away
Re your bad week - anytime I've seen you, you are always in a good mood, happy, smiley so I am sure you will bounce back - prob due a final table next week perhaps!
Hope to join you there
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2012, 09:57:02 PM »

just do the tree next week. that's this week's costs halved. no need to thank me

This is excellent, plus I have 14 days to pay the fine so basically I'm getting all het up about nothing

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2012, 09:58:54 PM »

Re the Tree - had one taken out a few years when we moved into our new house (2007?) and it cost £200 think it was local contractor in Garston and they took it away
Re your bad week - anytime I've seen you, you are always in a good mood, happy, smiley so I am sure you will bounce back - prob due a final table next week perhaps!
Hope to join you there

ALways wondered who the WPIL was and never got round to asking - who are you ?

Garston's close, Ima look up contractors there

sola virtus nobilitat
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2012, 08:52:39 AM »

Genius - gatters saves Glenn over £2,000 in a week. Incredible value.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2012, 08:54:01 AM »

a) My car broke down a few weeks ago, 1 hour on motorway, soaked on one rainy day in god knows how long (with allied risk of short circuiting myself). BMW dealer suggests timing chains might be broken. Anyone who knows the modern diesel engine on the 3 series knows this is fairly major. Oh shit.

Pay car dude to move to another shop. Coupla weeks later - confirmed, car fixed bill is £2300

b) In August I got pulled for speeding, paid the conditional offer and was pretty teed off with myself as barring motorways I'm normlly pretty religious about observing speed limts.

It was returned a few weeks later as I'd only sent the paper license, they couldn't accept payment as they need the photocard too. Couldn't find it and had to apply to DVLA. By the time I got it I had already received a letter saying the case was being referred to magistrates and there could be no correspondence. Did the guilty by post thing for a court date of 26/3. Then received a letter saying I had to attend instead - today. Thought they'd seen the amazing clarity of my case begging for the fine not to be increased due to circs etc.

At court I summarised my mitigation - ie I paid, it was returned, by the time I could pay the case had already been referred. In summary, I didn't try to avoid payment but cirucmstances blah blah. I was thinking what a good job I did and the bench seemed smiley and caring, except for the bastardo in the middle

She didnt really listen, i asked if she listened but she moved on to the fine of £615 pretty swiftly. I said that was very expensive for losing a photocrd. She said they don't have much discretion. I then ranted  a bit. Joke, idiots, why are they called a court if they have no discretion, how much had she raised this week, why was the offence of losing a photocard 10 x that of speeding. By this time she asked if she could speak and I said something along the lines of 'I don't really give a shit'. She had the last laugh though as she mentioned the 5 points on the license.

I did an Oliver and requested 'make it more, why not'. At least she didn't take me up on that

Cost £615 + 5 pts

c) I need a tree removed. A tree. A big one mind. One that needs expert attention.

Experts are expensive - total cost first quote £2900

One week -£5815, + 5 pts

Aah, that was cathartic - crying a bit but I'll be OK

I would so loved to have witnessed the Glenn rant.

Did you offer her the Car Park?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2012, 08:55:44 AM »

Oh man, just got all excited having seen this. Thought it might have blown down in the night. It's bloody windy up here

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: