blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:54:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Stephen Hendry retires
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stephen Hendry retires  (Read 3937 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« on: May 01, 2012, 09:14:57 PM »

He has just made the announcement at his press conference, according to euro sport.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 09:23:19 PM »

Yeah reported by a couple of STV bods on twitter too.

The boy done good.

Sandy
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 09:32:24 PM »

Ruled the 90's and ruled my snooker viewing when I was younger.
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 09:33:13 PM »

must have been that pink he missed today  Cheesy

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 09:33:37 PM »

He makes a 147 and a week later (after knocking out the favourite) retires.

Shame to lose him, although the majors are probably a little out of reach now, given the scale of the competition.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 09:35:43 PM »

I predict he'll make a comeback.

You heard it here first.

The older I get, the better I was.
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 09:36:05 PM »

Jimmy White tweeted that he is too good to retire and he aint wrong. dont matter if he can win the title people warm to the old guard when the go on a run like he has this week

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 09:40:46 PM »

A 147 at the crucible would be the way to go out, pretty fair to say he's a LEGEND of his sport, vwp.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 09:41:33 PM »

I predict he'll make a comeback.

You heard it here first.

Doubt it.

Snooker is not a sport you can just pick up again after a year off, the amount of practice the top players do is unbelievable.

He is obviously frustrated that he can't do what he did when he was in his pomp.

Fantastic champion.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2012, 09:52:50 PM »

Best ever I think and nothing but respect for the bloke, even though he had me in tears when he beat White in 94  Cheesy

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2012, 10:10:39 PM »

A 147 at the crucible would be the way to go out, pretty fair to say he's a LEGEND of his sport, vwp.

+1

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
craigbetts

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2012, 10:32:03 PM »

Best ever I think and nothing but respect for the bloke, even though he had me in tears when he beat White in 94  Cheesy

Tears of sadness for White I hope. I was a huge Steve Davis fan, so much so I now look like him. So when young Hendry came along and disposed the nugget I was a little annoyed by the sweater shop wearing youthful spotty Scottish lad. But over the years he's been a true champion and ambassador of the game, it think it's a great way to retire. Leaving a real lasting impression, wp Mr Hendry!

"We're not here to take part, we're here to take over"
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2012, 10:53:42 PM »

Tears of sadness for White I hope. I was a huge Steve Davis fan, so much so I now look like him. So when young Hendry came along and disposed the nugget I was a little annoyed by the sweater shop wearing youthful spotty Scottish lad. But over the years he's been a true champion and ambassador of the game, it think it's a great way to retire. Leaving a real lasting impression, wp Mr Hendry!

Yeah I was in bits for days even though he had behaved terribly when he did an exhibition for my dad back in 1990, I was young and that made no odds to me though he was my hero. I used to play long frame matches with my brother at dad's club with him being Hendry and myself Jimmy, at least Jimmy nearly always won those!!

Was gutted at the time that dad wouldn't let me go to the exhibition to play him and I remember having a right sulk about it at the time for ages lol. Got to play Alex though which almost made up for it especially when he bought me lunch too Cheesy

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2012, 11:06:16 PM »

Yeah I was in bits for days even though he had behaved terribly when he did an exhibition for my dad back in 1990, I was young and that made no odds to me though he was my hero. I used to play long frame matches with my brother at dad's club with him being Hendry and myself Jimmy, at least Jimmy nearly always won those!!

Was gutted at the time that dad wouldn't let me go to the exhibition to play him and I remember having a right sulk about it at the time for ages lol. Got to play Alex though which almost made up for it especially when he bought me lunch too Cheesy

Jimmy White is well well known Thailand degen mate, he is there a lot  Wink
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2012, 11:08:52 PM »

Yeah I was in bits for days even though he had behaved terribly when he did an exhibition for my dad back in 1990

Cliffs?

The older I get, the better I was.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: