blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 11:29:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273070 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  DTD Grand Prix VII: Supersized
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Grand Prix VII: Supersized  (Read 39039 times)
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: July 24, 2012, 10:09:39 AM »

Me and rick are coming down today and I am bringing a couple of mates from the pool team who can't even spell poker so I fully expect those two to have 300k in chips for day 2

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 24, 2012, 10:48:19 AM »

Friday sold out yet?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Nicola Dusk Till Dawn

£250,000 GTD £60 GRAND PRIX 22ND - 29TH SEPT 2013

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 24, 2012, 11:45:41 AM »

Friday sold out yet?
There are still seats available for Friday, round them up Alex Wink

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 24, 2012, 11:52:38 AM »

Any figures on how many Golden Chips are through to Day Two?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 24, 2012, 01:00:09 PM »

All the news from Day 1c of the Grand Prix as we find a new chipleader!

http://www.dusktilldawnpoker.com/blog.php?profile=7&id=280

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 24, 2012, 02:58:48 PM »

maybe all day 2 returns could now be guarenteed a min cash?

just saying.....

So you want DTD to change the payout structure midway through the tournament?

Is this an actual question. I thought my position was clear.

Yes

Yes it was a serious question - more serious than your suggestion imo

Imagine the fuss if DTD decided to do this midway through the week when some players have no doubt already bust out in level 15 because it 'wasn't worth coming back with a slightly below average stack'.

It was bad enough when they rolled back the blinds on a previous Day 2.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
CoolDown

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 24, 2012, 03:07:49 PM »

I don't understand why you feel it would have a negative effect to pay all day 2 players?

Seeing as there is going to be max 15% total left, that's a pretty standard payout structure. Also I'd argue the 20-30 people who wouldn't get paid for making day 2 would be more pissed having to come back down to notts from far and wide only to bust soon after and leave with nothing.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 04:26:09 PM by CoolDown » Logged
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 24, 2012, 04:36:20 PM »

I don't understand why you feel it would have a negative effect to pay all day 2 players?

Seeing as there is going to be max 15% total left, that's a pretty standard payout structure. Also I'd argue the 20-30 people who wouldn't get paid for making day 2 would be more pissed having to come back down to notts from far and wide only to bust soon after and leave with nothing.

It's a bit tricky though... Paying 15% of the field is fine by me. But paying for reaching a certain blind level doesn't really work. It will effect the game. If it were like this then a higher % of the field would reach day 2 as people can just nit it up at the end knowing that if they survive one more level they have cashed.

If there's a single starting day then you can always play to the cash, but this may take too long. With multiple starting days then I don't think there's really any getting around the fact that some people are going to turn up on day 2 and still not cash.

And finally... you can't change payouts mid comp. It has to be as advertised at the start.

Blue text
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 24, 2012, 05:18:34 PM »

I have no real objection to the idea of having a comp where you get paid for making Day2, as a travelling player that works for me. But.... It only works if that's the way it is from the start. Changing it half way through is just plain wrong.

CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 24, 2012, 05:31:07 PM »

I have no real objection to the idea of having a comp where you get paid for making Day2, as a travelling player that works for me. But.... It only works if that's the way it is from the start. Changing it half way through is just plain wrong.

Agreed !
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 24, 2012, 05:51:42 PM »

Are you at Dtd today David?

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 24, 2012, 05:54:31 PM »

Sat in shorts n headphones ain't fooling anyone you old duffer Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
CoolDown

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 24, 2012, 06:10:03 PM »

Yeah i agree with everything being said tbf and i don't really support paying on day 2 of a 3 day event or a high % of the field for that matter, however the GP is a little unique because it's not quite a deepstack so after 15 levels, day 2 will be 20% or less pretty much always, which isn't too bad to adjust payouts for 1 event if it will attract more people who now have a better chance of guaranteeing some return.

also the GP has a significantly higher the usual % of players traveling and paying the costs associated with that, so a mincash upon reaching day 2 would sound a more attractive prospect to most players on the fence about potentially being in for a few hundred £ imo
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 24, 2012, 06:10:54 PM »

Got me a call from KJ on a JAJxx ccc board when I shoved ther river w

Sat in shorts n headphones ain't fooling anyone you old duffer Smiley
ith AJ :-) J

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 24, 2012, 06:12:56 PM »

Trying to insert quotes on phone fail...

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: