blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:13:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272588 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD £500 Deepstack £200,000 Gtd: Day2 and final
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD £500 Deepstack £200,000 Gtd: Day2 and final  (Read 149702 times)
LB44

View Profile
« Reply #855 on: May 08, 2012, 09:46:33 AM »

Well done Rasta!!! What an incredible story. He's the kind of guy who if he hits that 1 or 2 outer, you can shrug it off because he's such a nice guy. Rasta heads up v hellmuth or full flush would be an epic match!! Tv world make this happen.

Congrats to George too!! Nice welcome to the team Wink

Wp statoooo
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #856 on: May 08, 2012, 10:03:24 AM »

im telling you, #protectyourtournylife  #teamhellmuth #7xwithdoesaces #comecrackmenowson guy is an abs ledgend

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Young_gun

View Profile
« Reply #857 on: May 08, 2012, 10:33:50 AM »

Just read through updates as had to go bed abour 1.30am, Cheers for updates

Great commentary by Alex n co.

WP Rasta, very entertaining and defo is good for the game, UL and well played George Bedi too

Twitter: @johnnybev1987
#skypokerteamhitsquad
#lovethegame
ChristieEllis

View Profile
« Reply #858 on: May 08, 2012, 11:03:28 AM »

What a great comp!

Well done Andy and George ! X

Regards,
Christie
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #859 on: May 08, 2012, 11:43:52 AM »

Great updates man.. Although i dont know them it seems a shame that either Andrew Hulme / Bedi didn't win, as from what I've heard they are were by far the best players at the FT. Also again I don't know the guy but it seems like rastafish is on the heater of a lifetime, which, whilst I must say congrats to the guy, can't help feeling slightly annoyed (not at the guy but at the game in general), as it didn't seem to me that he was quite as good as others, particularly on this FT. Also his lack of etiquette at the table annoys me alot (even though sometimes it may be amusing), to be quite frank I'm appauled he gets away with so much.
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #860 on: May 08, 2012, 11:51:05 AM »

£250k and counting!

Rasta is a beast.

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #861 on: May 08, 2012, 12:03:33 PM »

The no deals policy makes for some dull final tables

Discuss

- Players sit around for the first four levels of finals laddering and not wanting to gamble it up

- At 50-100k+ the blinds force some action, but the shortstacks can still wait and wait

- the payout jumps are too steep to make good finals when combined with no deals makes it like watching cement set.

I am seeing players with 5-7x bb here folding the button in unopened pots. Not George or Andrew, the other players.

Tough to watch.

I think keeping the no deals policy, but flattening the payouts would go some way to opening up the finals a bit.
30% for first place does seem very high, and I can't see a downside to reducing this, and spreading it across the other final places.

As for the finishing time of the final, it is a really long 2nd day for the players involved, and it's tough to keep your focus for over 15 hours.
There must be some sense in playing a couple of extra levels on day 1, (which was over within 10 hours of start I believe), and taking some of the pressure off the second day.
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #862 on: May 08, 2012, 12:09:09 PM »

The no deals policy makes for some dull final tables

Discuss

- Players sit around for the first four levels of finals laddering and not wanting to gamble it up

- At 50-100k+ the blinds force some action, but the shortstacks can still wait and wait

- the payout jumps are too steep to make good finals when combined with no deals makes it like watching cement set.

I am seeing players with 5-7x bb here folding the button in unopened pots. Not George or Andrew, the other players.

Tough to watch.

I think keeping the no deals policy, but flattening the payouts would go some way to opening up the finals a bit.
30% for first place does seem very high, and I can't see a downside to reducing this, and spreading it across the other final places.

As for the finishing time of the final, it is a really long 2nd day for the players involved, and it's tough to keep your focus for over 15 hours.
There must be some sense in playing a couple of extra levels on day 1, (which was over within 10 hours of start I believe), and taking some of the pressure off the second day.

As much as there is merit in the discusion, I just dont think i would change anything enough to have an impact. People dwell and nit up in £50 comps because "the next pay jump gets me that new pair of shoes ive been after"

The mindset in bigger comps is the same thought process, just a different monologue " the next jump is a months salary, then the next one a holiday, the next one a car". The reality is the stacks are nowhere near deep enough for "exciting play" - 5b airballs etc etc.

People have an inherent understanding of ICM (although usually for the wrong reasons). These finals will always play this way. You can argue that the playing was done before they got there, now variance will sort them out for their placings.

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
robyong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #863 on: May 08, 2012, 12:19:30 PM »

This £500 Deepstack was intended to;

1. Have played more levels Day 1
2. Use the correct fkn blind and ante structure Day 1
3. Therefore start a little later on Sunday, 1.30pm instead of 12pm, for players to get more rest
4. Streaming Final Table starts at 8pm
5. Final finishes 1am - 2am

Combination of above 1 to 3 f-ups by myself and Simon, resulted in this final table going to a lot longer than planned, although I doubt the players that won the money will mind.

On separate points

- players will nit up for jumps of £500 or £50,000, its up to the "better" players to exploit this. All players can choose how they play a comp as long as it is within the rules of the tournament, if someone wants to blinds down to 3 BB then that's fine as far as I am concerned, they have paid their money whether it be through a satelitte or at the cash desk, its their choice

- there is no delay between BP updates and the stream , unless Tighty is doing the commentary aswell

- no deals policy has been a massive success with players, less than 1 in 10 are dealt on ICM chip count chosen in the comps with GTE's of < £50,000

- i don't have an issue with flattening the payout structure personally, I dont think it will make any difference is play, as people ladder for £50 quid jumps never mind £5,000, Simon is happy with it, but speak to him personally if you feel strongly about it.

Rob
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 12:41:46 PM by robyong » Logged
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #864 on: May 08, 2012, 12:24:41 PM »

Well played to all the finalists particularly George, Stato and the Fish.

I didn't read the updates as they happened because to be honest I find it painful with all the delay nonsense.

Just fecking report it and stop arsing about. It doesn't ruin the live feed one bit. The live feed isn't exciting in the slightest so knowing what's coming up won't stop people watching it.

People watch the live feed to see their friends not because they like the adrenaline rush of not knowing what's going to happen next in a game of cards.

Just let Tighty do his job or stop the updates at final time and let the poor sod go the fuck home.

As for the Rastafish I still can't believe some people think he's a bad player. Yes he's not as technically gifted as some of the online wizards and some of his plays are mathematically questionable. However he's an excellent reader of other players and in the live arena that smashes the crap out of knowing about pot odds, ICM, nash equilibrium, combinatronics, blah blah blah....

You can know all the game theory in the world but if the other guy can just look at you and figure out whether you've got nuts or air then I'm afraid you're fucked.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #865 on: May 08, 2012, 12:24:57 PM »

Great work George, well played.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #866 on: May 08, 2012, 12:39:38 PM »

+1 to Matt

Just report them at real time and let tighty do one

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #867 on: May 08, 2012, 12:54:44 PM »

Either way it's a great tourney and I for one of many loved it and had a good weekend ,met loads of players all very friendly
Thanks to rob n Simon for putting it on all at dtd for looking after us while there ,massive applause to Richard for the updates and congrats to the winners
julian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #868 on: May 08, 2012, 01:23:40 PM »

another epic 500 weekend, the poker landscape in the uk is forever changed tx to rob & the dtd team.

nice to see george get heads up & wow, wpwp coburn, hero status granted in my eyes.

excellent updating from tighty as always, what an effort that man put in,

really enjoyed the very well spoken stream as well, gg alex & pj,

roll on the june leg
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #869 on: May 08, 2012, 02:19:41 PM »

Rastafish needs to go to Vegas and smash it up this year.

I wouldn't be shocked to see him ship something.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: