blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 07:55:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273122 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  $2k scoop spot
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: $2k scoop spot  (Read 32998 times)
hatthehole

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: May 17, 2012, 11:59:27 PM »

On a serious note, in regard to the hand. It just seems way too close. I think I fold just because people taking this line just generally have it. Whether he has 3sXs or KQ or 33/AA, it seems tough for him to have many value hands here and even tougher to think he would play a decent % of these this way. I think I just sigh-fold knowing i'm behind a decent %, but preserving my stack and because i'm Trigg I know i'll just win a bunch of chips in other less pukey spots.

Interestingly, do you think it becomes more/less of a call in a mid-stakes MTT? or vs an unknown?

ye snap it off vs most opponents
prettygreen

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 18, 2012, 12:16:08 AM »

I agree with prettygreen and aaron now. From now on I will always RR with AJ until I get RRR then ill know I'm behind and can fold.

Now you can finally win money at poker!
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 18, 2012, 12:26:12 AM »

I agree with prettygreen and aaron now. From now on I will always RR with AJ until I get RRR then ill know I'm behind and can fold.

Now you can finally win money at poker!
Lol. I've seen Ash Mason...... And no way is he as funny as this joker whoever he is Smiley

Would not be suprised to find he has the same IP address as Aaron

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 18, 2012, 12:42:53 AM »

wtf!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHiEkikhDGU&feature=related

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 18, 2012, 01:53:15 AM »

So much fun to read. It's like watching this constantly.

First guy = Nit Tendencies

Second guy = Aaron imo

This is just comedy GOLD at it's highest level, I literally was in stitches, too funny!
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 18, 2012, 01:58:48 AM »

As played, I think I fold the river, I don't like it, but I am gonna put him on either KQ or 1010, I would say prob 10's, it looks like he knows what type of hand u have and is going for full value to get u to pay him off.

Just my feel on it, and from all information you have provided about his style, and also what I know of yours.

Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 18, 2012, 03:19:48 AM »

It was on the pokerstars big game, where you are given 100k to play with and any profit you make you keep but if you make a loss you get nothing. So this guy was a deece amount ahead and the money obv meant a lot to him and the show was nearing the end, so he folded.

Not saying I agree with the fold but there is context to it.

NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 18, 2012, 04:17:54 AM »

As played, I think I fold the river, I don't like it, but I am gonna put him on either KQ or 1010, I would say prob 10's, it looks like he knows what type of hand u have and is going for full value to get u to pay him off.

Just my feel on it, and from all information you have provided about his style, and also what I know of yours.

kirbynator will have a decent idea of what our range is in this spot, and go ahead and get value from that range by betting the turn when he has these hands. Sometimes he may check the turn sure, but the reasons that make him do that should still hold true on the river, meaning he will check to trigg there too. i think it's really important that both the  and  are removed from his range here, because the check call turn/donk river line makes no sense without either of them.

Christopher Brammer
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 18, 2012, 04:42:27 AM »

It was on the pokerstars big game, where you are given 100k to play with and any profit you make you keep but if you make a loss you get nothing. So this guy was a deece amount ahead and the money obv meant a lot to him and the show was nearing the end, so he folded.

Not saying I agree with the fold but there is context to it.

This is my favourite comment on the video

"I would jump at the chance to play on a table where at least one of my opponents thinks s/he should play AA preflop 100% of the time regardless of the situation."
Appiration

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 18, 2012, 05:28:42 AM »

kirbynator will have a decent idea of what our range is in this spot, and go ahead and get value from that range by betting the turn when he has these hands. Sometimes he may check the turn sure, but the reasons that make him do that should still hold true on the river, meaning he will check to trigg there too. i think it's really important that both the  and  are removed from his range here, because the check call turn/donk river line makes no sense without either of them.

OK, thinking more about this hand, and just reading how the action went a bit more, then I'd actually be more inclined to put him on a flush more than anything.

Once the turn is checked by him and he calls triggs bet, then by the river, he knows that u have something pretty strong here, so to bet pot on river, knowing that u know what your doing, knowing you know he knows what he is doing, seems pointless if he hasn't got the flush. A small fd would bet the flop to rep the ace, and check the turn to try and get there as cheap as possible on river?

Once Trigg bets turn, he knows trigg has something decent, therefore I think it's why he has jammed on the river, to try and make him pay him off.

If he has been playing a TAG game thus far, then I can't see him spazzing out now? Especially as he knows that Trigg is real decent and a top thinking player?

Think he's be more incline to value KQ/1010 and at this level would probably check call other Ace X that were winning p/f.

I would still go for a fold, main reason would be that I can wait for better spots vs weaker opponents that you know will 100% gift you chips the more pressure u put on them, even tho it's a high buy in, I still think there are value players that play them, and I don't think Trigg is one of them.

Fascinating hand tho, post moarrrrrrrrrr pls x
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 18, 2012, 02:36:40 PM »

Close this thread. Pretty sure it was done after 1 reply
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 18, 2012, 03:16:23 PM »

You've got Trigg, Chris Bram, Jamie Sykes and lildave, who are 4 of the best players in the world

this bit wins for me Cheesy

youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 18, 2012, 04:35:44 PM »

Close this thread. Pretty sure it was done after 1 reply

keep it open!

this stuffs gold!
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 18, 2012, 05:23:32 PM »

You've got Trigg, Chris Bram, Jamie Sykes and lildave, who are 4 of the best players in the world

I actually did lol at that.

I do think it's the most intriguing hand on the first page though.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 18, 2012, 05:45:51 PM »

I actually did lol at that.

Why did you lol?

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: