blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:57:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272600 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  nigdawg 2012 big wsop package
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: nigdawg 2012 big wsop package  (Read 28295 times)
NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2012, 05:49:36 AM »

update from the weekend...

lasted a little over an hour in saturday's $1500. lost a crucial hand with ATs vs 65o on  where he c/called twice and then led. i could maybe fold river but it's awfully difficult vs the opponent when he could possibly have worse or missed spades idk. he bet 1.2k into 2.8k so i was getting over 3/1 on the river call. the hand left me with 1350 chips @ 25/50. the next hand i play i open AJo and get flatted in one spot. AJTr flop i cbet and got called. turn putting up a flush draw i shoved for 1k into 875 and got tank called (lol) by KQ.

missed sundays 1k to watch the england game (equally as painful as my tournaments are going at the moment lol) but going to play tomorrows 1k at binions instead.

today's $2.5k didn't start too well. i struggled to get any cbets through and made only one strong hand b4 the first break but didn't get action from it. went into the break with 5.8k from 7.5k starting. started to get going in the next 2 levels. won QQ>AJs all in pre vs a short stack and got paid on the river with 87s on Q6569r whilst picking up a few more blinds to have 12k at the second break. coming back to level 5 with the introduction of antes i tried to open up a bit more but had to raise fold to shortstacks shoving on me early doors. i won a decent pot bvb with  on  before i busted just as the blinds were about to hit 150/300/25...

middle aged italian american fish opened to 525 from utg+1 before hijack peeled and i overcall the cutoff with  playing 14k. 3 way flop comes  and he cbets 1k into 2050, hijack folds and i call. turn  three diamonds and he barrels 2.5k. at this point i was fairly confident he had AK/AQ/AJ, possibly AA, and some hands he'd be bluffing with like KQ/KJ/QJ. i felt pretty comfortable calling here with my hand, with plans to fold river unimproved to another bet, and vbet if checked to when i spike a 10, 9 or diamond. river card Qx non diamond and he checked fairly quickly. once he checks river after having the lead in the whole hand i now completely ruled out the Q improving his hand beyond making him 1 pair with KQ/QJ. i don't think he would check the river with sets either, so i felt very confident his range was like AK/AJ/A9/A8/KQ/QJ. altho i have a pair of tens i have almost no showdown value here (he'd have to have 98s or random 2 barrel with an underpair=unlikely) and 2 of his few bluff's just got there against me. when i think his range is this weak and non nutted, i want to turn my hand into a bluff, and also to make it as difficult as possible for him to call it. i shoved for just over pot...

i don't think i actually have many bluffs that get to the river here. has to be turned diamonds or AJ, and i wouldn't always be turning that into a bluff. he tanked for 10 minutes vs my shove, at which point i called the clock on him (cant remember the last time i ever did this) only for the dealer to say "i can't see any floormen..." so basically nobody came with a clock. another 2 minutes went past before i asked the dealer what is going on and he finally shouted loud enough to be heard. then just as the floorman reached our table the guy called with ATo to win the 30k pot. i am a bit surprised that he checked this hand on the river, and i was not trying to make him fold this, but the fact he took so long to call makes me feel fine with my bluff. sucks that he was actually quite a bit stronger than he ought to be in this spot, maybe i'm just terrible Sad

Christopher Brammer
NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2012, 10:28:46 AM »

lol probs most tilted i've been all summer right now

binions $1k today, 30k starting stack i went down to 10k by 200/400, but spun it up and then crushed to get 280k by 800/1600. one guy took all my chips tho lol. he played great...he limp called then c/r and called off 40bb on 764Acc w/65 and spiked an 8 before standing up and pumping his chest in my face lol. then 30 mins before the end of the day he peeled a 3bet and c/jammed the turn on KJ9Kcc w/99 vs my AKhh, which did not improve, to bust me. so yeh just played 12 hours for nothing. 36 paid i finished 50th lol, and was 30 mins away from my first day 2. doubt this is real.

Christopher Brammer
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2012, 11:29:26 AM »

Chin up matey you got the skills

But on a lighter note I think all the moaning twats about the caveat would be grateful if you would buy back the rest of their action now please Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
treefella

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2012, 12:28:44 PM »

has this thread been cursed ! 

keep trying mate there's plenty of us here who still believe in yas .

RUN GOOD STARTS NOW !! 
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2012, 02:16:17 PM »

As the poster who raised the caveat issue I would like to lift the curse. Feel pretty shit about it all.

Good luck Chris hope you get it all now.

Ah! The element of surprise
strak33

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2012, 03:36:34 PM »

He 100% has at least a deep run now
NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2012, 12:57:53 PM »

Busted the 1.5k to rupert

I did get to 27k @150/300/25 but lost every hand I played in the next level without ever reaching a showdown to have 11k going into 300/600/75

Then 2nd hand after the break cutoff opened and rupert shoved the sb for 16.7k, I called off the bb with 88 and lost vs his KTs on 6662K. I think my call is ok and wouldn't call much wider but I'm not sure about his shove, especially in this tournament, but oh well. He might of overbet bluffed me on the river a little while before this too where I tank folded JJ on 99882hh. Seems like nothing is going right Sad

Quick summary of the 5k too, I was pretty card dead on what was described as the table of sharks, every player was a "name". I didn't get much going all day and just when I got back over the 15k starting stack @100/200/25 I lost a 20k flip 4betting TT all in pre vs a button squeeze AKo and never recovered. Lost so many flips this trip it's frustrating to not string a set of hands together to get at least 1 going...

Christopher Brammer
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2012, 05:23:19 PM »

You must be feeling the pain, Chris, but everyone still believes in you & your game 100%, and if you offered an identical package tomorrow, there'd be plenty of jostling to get to the front of the queue to buy.

Your "form" will turn when it's ready, & not before, but when it does, it'll be.... sick, possibly even super sick.

Good luck you.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Rupert
:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2012, 08:35:57 PM »

yeah wasn't sure about jamming there, 3b/f? peel? f? i think can make a good case for everything it was a fairly awkward spot

Rupert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2012, 08:36:17 PM »

unlucky in the flip though, my heart sank when the K hit Sad

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 01, 2012, 09:33:01 PM »

unlucky in the flip though, my heart sank when the K hit Sad

it sure did

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Rupert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: July 03, 2012, 10:47:23 PM »

ehh i've been following this thread and know brammers had a rough time. i was fairly happy about going home too

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 04, 2012, 08:32:18 AM »

Whisper it quietly, & no bokking, but Chris seems to be running a little better today in the $10,000 6 Max, with an outdraw or two balanced by a nice suckout.

Oranges 5,000, yellows 1,000, blues 100.  This was at Midnight.

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 04, 2012, 08:33:02 AM »

He has immediate position on this guy, too......

Click to see full-size image.

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 04, 2012, 10:07:02 AM »

30k starting stack yes

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »