blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:54:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Marc wright WSOP action
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Marc wright WSOP action  (Read 22262 times)
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2012, 07:09:48 PM »

Good decision IMO mate

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2012, 07:09:58 PM »

RUPERT 18%
G2L 2%

Sorry to those who wanted action etc, alot of people asked me to semi reserve it etc, and i would of loved to of sold action to every1, but it would of meant me having -%0 of myself lol.

I considered doing an auction on here, but felt like i was following the trend too hard!

Should've done auction mate. Would've sold for sold for way higher. And only the biggest fanboys get a piece Cheesy

Is my 5 for the main we spoke about not booked then? Sad

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2012, 07:22:32 PM »

Im selling at 1.4, which is higher than i have ever sold at before, and although it may seem high (even to me), the many people i have spoken to about this matter all think my ROI in this package is likely to be HUGE. I have looked on 2+2 and people whom i would consider less experienced than me and have worse profiles than me have been selling at 1.5+ !

think 1.7 would have been fair to backers still tbh.

at 1.4 I would have bought a large chunk. I think you would and should still have sold out if you had sold at 2.

GL anyway.
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2012, 07:22:51 PM »

zomg twat
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2012, 07:54:01 PM »

Why not try selling at 2.0.  ?
Probably have to wait 10 mins for it to sell out but you'd love the sweat  Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2012, 08:56:06 PM »

reserve 3 for amatay

this booked mate?

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2012, 10:31:31 PM »

reserve 3 for amatay

this booked mate?

Doubt it mate, rupert rested it before cos (and me grr) posted

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2012, 10:47:23 PM »

at 1.4 I would have bought a large chunk. I think you would and should still have sold out if you had sold at 2.

GL anyway.

Are you ill? 1.7 fair? 2.0 is a good deal?

No offence to Marc whatsoever as he is well aware I think his game is superb but there is no way 2.0 is anything like fair, Ivey + Mercier would be bad buys at 2 and I don't even think it's close.

For 1.7 to be "fair" then Marc has to expect this package to return a profit of about $50,000 (PROFIT) even with the main event I think that's a stretch.

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2012, 10:57:17 PM »

GL anyway.

No offence to Marc whatsoever as he is well aware I think his game is superb but there is no way 2.0 is anything like fair, Ivey + Mercier would be bad buys at 2 and I don't even think it's close.

For 1.7 to be "fair" then Marc has to expect this package to return a profit of about $50,000 (PROFIT) even with the main event I think that's a stretch.
Dave could you take 2 mins to explain why 1.7 has to return $50k profit? Please show working outs as well. Ty

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2012, 11:03:15 PM »

His roi is probably close to 100% in those comps no? Therefore 2.0 is b/e for backers.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2012, 11:17:33 PM »

GL anyway.

pretty sure you'd make money at 2.0 buying in mercier and ivey

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2012, 11:18:54 PM »

GL anyway.

explain exactly what each persons ROI is......

if you cant you have to guess. if most peoples guesses are based on nothing but thin air then considering the level of interest in his action he could sell at a much higher markup.

also I don't think fair is the right word in the sense it is subjective and everyone can have a different idea of what fair is.

is the markup people are willing to pay the fairest when it turns their investment to b/e. who is it fair to when it is either side of breakeven?

given that the person is selling imo it should always be below the b/e point but considering the markups Marc has charged for online even given his winrate and compared to that which other people regularly charge (and sell out at) online I think he could both go higher on his online action and most definitely on live action at the busy wsop donk fest.

I would disagree that it's not close for Ivey et al. Remember how impossible it will be to ever workout actual winrates for live donkfests.

Marc if you're reading this lower your markup more innit :p
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2012, 11:34:25 PM »

if his ROI is 100% then buying at 2.0 is not a good deal.

lets say package = $10k. ROI of 100%, expected value of package $20k, you buy 10% for $2k you are not making money, the player gets to enjoy 100% of his profit without taking the risk and the investors flip off at even money.

So really with a 100% ROI, you'd wanna be paying a premium of MAX 40% for it to be classified as a "GOOD" deal. If you wanna punt it around then buying high is fine (and what I do most of the time I buy pieces)

you'd make a few %'s prolly yh. but buying in loads of different people at 1.2 would be miles more profitable imo.

Pretty pointless de-rail as he's sold at 1.4 which seems like a perfectly fine price to me Smiley but he sold out in 16 seconds so Im gonna de-rail away!

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2012, 11:42:35 PM »

GL anyway.

Sharkscope does ROIs for live events now, obviously very small samples but Mercier 81%, Ivey 226%.  WSOPs make up a big chunk of that sample.

Looked up a few randoms (and they were pretty random)

Annette 15 -50%, Toby Lewis -52%, John Eames -16% (though doesn't include the one from the other night that made me think of his name), Shaun Deeb -43%

and from the old school, the back in form Phil Hellmuth is only +73%

FWIW James Dempsey wins the internet on +396%

FWIW I think Marc is value at 1.4, but not that many are, and I can't be having that the $5k he has put in is going to be full of donks.  And the WSOP isn't that easy any more either, sure you can still get joke easy tables, but you can get some pretty tough ones too.

This all doesn't mean he wouldn't have sold at 2.0, far worse players manage to sell at 2 as the herbinator always reminds us.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2012, 12:48:37 AM »

obviously the mu is skewed by the fact it is wsop, and especially when people are selling for the ME.

I was just talking about it in terms of for Marc and considering his WR and the speed with which he can sell out.

The market itself has to determine at what rate people don't even buy and what % lower than the horses BE point they are willing to invest at whilst remembering the amount of MU is all relative to what other people are/can selling at.

Anyway Dayvid stop de-raling the thread, do a blog post and reply to my pm ta. thumbs up
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: