blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:25:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Cmon England!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cmon England!!!!  (Read 44722 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 15, 2012, 10:30:46 PM »

Johnson's covering speed saved us twice

He was though left in 5 yards behind everyone else, before their first goal.

Overall though a much better game than say Terry had, who failed to do the things he is picked for. Organise that defense and defend set pieces

Gerrard was class, agree Young did very little

Lovin all the different opinions!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 15, 2012, 10:32:38 PM »

parker fucking terrible

Are you serious? Gerrard, Johnson and Young would be lucky to get 5 out of 10 in the papers. Parker carried that midfield today.

You must be a gooner!

rofl gerrard and johnson were both great.

Yeah Johnson played well, Gerrard not so imo, great cross for the goal obv, could/should have scored himself at the end.
Declined to take 1 in the bollocks for the country again which we got away with this time luckily.

Looking forward to Ukraine, reckon we qualify now, then just Chelsea Spain in the next round.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 15, 2012, 10:34:02 PM »

Johnson looks like the kid who's playing as him on FIFA can't work the controller. He has absolutely no positional sense in a team that needs a disciplined back line.

Then again, he is about our sixth choice right back!

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 15, 2012, 11:12:03 PM »

Yeh positionally Johnson wasn't great but then played well when he needed to do something which was a bit weird.

Parker carried nothing. I don't get the love for him. Runs a lot and gives the ball away. Then gets tired and stops running.
Gerrard was good but faded.
Young was pretty poor.

Welbeck's finish was a worldy.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 15, 2012, 11:53:26 PM »

Yeh positionally Johnson wasn't great but then played well when he needed to do something which was a bit weird.

Parker carried nothing. I don't get the love for him. Runs a lot and gives the ball away. Then gets tired and stops running.
Gerrard was good but faded.
Young was pretty poor.

Welbeck's finish was a worldy.

spot on as usual.

if we played wilshire next to gerrard and walcott on the wing we could be frightening

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Skgv

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 15, 2012, 11:57:50 PM »

Think Milner not the right man for the right side not enough pace At this level. Losing Barry a blow as good as Gerard was he tired quickly an Parker not good enough IMO but the younger players look good for the future!
craigbetts

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 16, 2012, 12:09:02 AM »

If Messi had scored the goal that axel foley did then the worlds media would be going potty! What a finish, what a goal, what spirit. Yeah yeah, what tez defending but so what. Job done

"We're not here to take part, we're here to take over"
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 16, 2012, 12:15:53 AM »

barry is terrible mate, only good next to yaya.

hart

johnson  jones lescott cole

walcott cleverly wilshire rooney

carroll  wellbeck

obv rooney probably in the middle but carroll and wellbeck are an absolute nightmare for any defence

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 16, 2012, 12:39:04 AM »

com the conflicting views in this thread.

I thought Johnson played well in the first game but was poor tonight. Lost the ball a few times when going forwards and was poor positionally all night.

Parker was below average, only good as a blocker, can't keep the ball or make crucial passes. But there is no one else.

Thought Gerrard was good and Carroll really impressive.

Young didn't have one of his better days but would give him another chance as he works well with Rooney.

JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 16, 2012, 03:58:21 AM »

Thought Gerrard was deec, he did start tiring but that run at the end was incredible. To keep up with Theo and the ox? Not many can do that after 90 mins.

Been saying all season welbeck will start to shine, he's been a nightmare for defences but not really fulfilled his potential. Hopefully this is the start of big things!

Think Parker's generally shit lol. He made some big tackles but other than that he's fkn useless
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: June 16, 2012, 05:03:19 AM »

Johnson was excellent and terrible in equal measure imo.

At fault for the first for playing them onside, out of position on several occasions including free kicks leaving us exposed, and wasn't as big a threat going forward as he can be.

But he also made some fantastic last-ditch tackles that kept us in the game and was involved in the build up for the winner.

Overall we were just about good enough to beat a Swedish side that we made look better than average. The worrying thing is that the way Roy has the team set up means we can't keep the ball long enough, and we're chasing too much. Half the team were dead on their feet and a lot of that is due to the way we're playing. Against Spain and probably quite a few other sides, we'll be ripped another arse hole if we're so poor at possession and sit as deep.

Saying that we're a draw away from the knock out stages and we've beaten Sweden for the first time in a proper game since tikay and Moses were kids.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 05:10:58 AM by kinboshi » Logged

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 16, 2012, 09:44:52 AM »

Telegraph has rated Johnson 4/10! But harsh!

When Johnson has to think, he's not very good. If its a reaction defensive situ he is fine.

We still in general looked scared to push forward with any real conviction.

Young & Milner were both poor IMO.

With Rooney coming back in do we need 2 wide players?

Carpe Diem
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 16, 2012, 10:27:29 AM »

Vs Spain probably not

Skgv

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 16, 2012, 12:19:37 PM »

Johnson was excellent and terrible in equal measure imo.

At fault for the first for playing them onside, out of position on several occasions including free kicks leaving us exposed, and wasn't as big a threat going forward as he can be.

But he also made some fantastic last-ditch tackles that kept us in the game and was involved in the build up for the winner.

Overall we were just about good enough to beat a Swedish side that we made look better than average. The worrying thing is that the way Roy has the team set up means we can't keep the ball long enough, and we're chasing too much. Half the team were dead on their feet and a lot of that is due to the way we're playing. Against Spain and probably quite a few other sides, we'll be ripped another arse hole if we're so poor at possession and sit as deep.

Saying that we're a draw away from the knock out stages and we've beaten Sweden for the first time in a proper game since tikay and Moses were kids.

Quailty ending  to the summary
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 16, 2012, 12:34:13 PM »

johnson is like parker in a way

parker often makes last ditch tackles because he isnt quick enough to be in the right position were as johnson is very good at covering the centre backs (covered terrys arse all game) but cant resist pushing on when we have the ball

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: