blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 10:29:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273126 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Andrew Feldman
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Andrew Feldman  (Read 101490 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: June 29, 2012, 10:14:27 PM »

Problem is woodsey it spoils the games for everyone - the weaker players have a worse time and the action is spoilt for the regs.

It would be great if we could all do these things, never play a hand vs another good player, snap get out of the game when the spot leaves, berate and insult the weaker guys to get all the action for ourselves, never play short-handed to start games. Would be wonderful, we'd all make a ton more money, problem is though there WOULD BE NO GAMES if we all acted like this, so all the regs give a little, show respect to the weaker players so they have a nicer time, play short handed with other good players for a little so the games start up give a bit of action and this is the sole reason the games ccan run.

Someone who acts like Feldman comes along, allows everyone else to give the action that creates the games and give none for himself, not just him there are loads like him.

Game selecting, i.e not taking X seat because your OOP to a good player, deciding to quit this one game because it seems tough and so on is good professional practice, albeit a little nitty.

I know what your saying and why your saying it mate. But in hindsight given the choice of doing it the feldman way and making a shit load, or doing it with your principles and grinding along I would take option A and get out once the games got too difficult and do something different.

Quite frankly if we are brutally honest about, it in the whole scheme of life the poker community is pretty irrelevant, so to be disliked by a proportion of it, whether that is justified or not, is no big deal.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 29, 2012, 10:30:31 PM »

Couldn't disagree more with u here woodsy

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 29, 2012, 10:32:37 PM »

Couldn't disagree more with u here woodsy

No probs, I expect opinion to be strongly divided on this, there is no right or wrong as such anyway.
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 29, 2012, 10:40:45 PM »

People are treating him like he's normal. He is an addict and would have done anything to win at literally all costs. He was/is blinded by the need to make money  'poker ettiquette' or a ' moral code'  for the greater good never enters his thinking. He kinda admits that is whole life has been a fuked up experaince of chasing the money and having no fun, so judging a person with well known mental health problems is pointless.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 29, 2012, 10:44:15 PM »

Tbf I just said he's a shit commentator

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 29, 2012, 11:19:48 PM »

Problem is woodsey it spoils the games for everyone - the weaker players have a worse time and the action is spoilt for the regs.

It would be great if we could all do these things, never play a hand vs another good player, snap get out of the game when the spot leaves, berate and insult the weaker guys to get all the action for ourselves, never play short-handed to start games. Would be wonderful, we'd all make a ton more money, problem is though there WOULD BE NO GAMES if we all acted like this, so all the regs give a little, show respect to the weaker players so they have a nicer time, play short handed with other good players for a little so the games start up give a bit of action and this is the sole reason the games ccan run.

Someone who acts like Feldman comes along, allows everyone else to give the action that creates the games and give none for himself, not just him there are loads like him.

Game selecting, i.e not taking X seat because your OOP to a good player, deciding to quit this one game because it seems tough and so on is good professional practice, albeit a little nitty.

I know what your saying and why your saying it mate. But in hindsight given the choice of doing it the feldman way and making a shit load, or doing it with your principles and grinding along I would take option A and get out once the games got too difficult and do something different.

Quite frankly if we are brutally honest about, it in the whole scheme of life the poker community is pretty irrelevant, so to be disliked by a proportion of it, whether that is justified or not, is no big deal.

Thing is though, the feldman way only works because such a small % of people do it, if we all did it the Feldman way they'd be no internet poker, he is either way to selfish or way too stupid to realise this. We all chose not to act like this because it's in everyones benefit not to, he decides he's happy to let everyone else give the action and him just capitalise on it when it's at it's peak. If he wants to do that then fair enough, but it's not how I'd like to conduct myself in any situation or industry.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 29, 2012, 11:22:41 PM »

Thing is though, the feldman way only works because such a small % of people do it, if we all did it the Feldman way they'd be no internet poker, he is either way to selfish or way too stupid to realise this. We all chose not to act like this because it's in everyones benefit not to, he decides he's happy to let everyone else give the action and him just capitalise on it when it's at it's peak. If he wants to do that then fair enough, but it's not how I'd like to conduct myself in any situation or industry.

I think there actually a lot of very selfish people in poker tbh, but a lot of good people too obviously.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 30, 2012, 02:37:20 AM »

Pretty much everything lil dave says.  Feldman wins in the short term, but everyone loses in the long term...barring the fish he scares away obviously..but he probably just does his money on blackjack instead.

So many times the fish just left the game and didn't even play Feldman.  I guess it must have worked enough times to make it worthwhile in the short term though. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 30, 2012, 09:35:08 AM »

What's the difference between Feldman bum hunting and Hastings/Townsend/South taking millions from Blom?

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 30, 2012, 11:47:47 AM »

What's the difference between Feldman bum hunting and Hastings/Townsend/South taking millions from Blom?

Feldman is a w***red star and them 3 r genius !
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: June 30, 2012, 12:13:31 PM »

See Frankie I might have it the other way round. There is a lot of jealousy in the poker world and haters are gonna hate and all that. Feldman seems to be emotionally troubled and the water incident and crying makes him look bad but the charitable contributions negate all that. The main reason I have for thinking he is a dick is that good guys who I respect say he is.

Tikay touched on it in his blog about Daniel N having his lovers/haters.

No one who is terrible at poker seems to get slated until they actually start getting results. Seems strange to me

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 30, 2012, 12:19:25 PM »

See Frankie I might have it the other way round. There is a lot of jealousy in the poker world and haters are gonna hate and all that. Feldman seems to be emotionally troubled and the water incident and crying makes him look bad but the charitable contributions negate all that. The main reason I have for thinking he is a dick is that good guys who I respect say he is.

No one who is terrible at poker seems to get slated until they actually start getting results. Seems strange to me

Poker players are constantly moaning about how terrible some fish played a hand ? Ofc there are some who just slate players that are good due to jealousy but that's the case in all walks of life. Once someone becomes well known then there's always going to be people out there waiting for them to do something wrong so they can out them, obviously this isn't going to happen to random unknowns.
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 30, 2012, 12:24:03 PM »

Poker players are constantly moaning about how terrible some fish played a hand ? Ofc there are some who just slate players that are good due to jealousy but that's the case in all walks of life. Once someone becomes well known then there's always going to be people out there waiting for them to do something wrong so they can out them, obviously this isn't going to happen to random unknowns.
Yeah good point. We live in a culture like that I suppose. Even our press build folks up then shoot em down

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 30, 2012, 01:43:35 PM »

It's not like he exclusively plays in soft 2/5 games online. Recreational players know who he is because he's on TV, playing decent buy-in comps against big names and the big TV cash games against the elite.

Amarillo Slim and his generation made their money from "suckers"; the reason - it seems to me - that that group played against each other (perhaps like today's High Stakes Poker and the 50k+ buy in comps) is as much ego as anything else. They want to prove that they are the best. The irony is they probably spent their time taking it in turns to win money off each other and won their money (their net salary) from outsiders.

It's not like top level sport, where all the money is in the marquee events;
you can play in games where you are the best player and make good money at his level.

There may well be other - significant - questions about him, but this isn't as much a criticism as an observation IMO

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 30, 2012, 03:03:02 PM »

Do you really think it would be wonderful to berate and insult weaker players to get action for yourself? Or wonderful if you never went up against good players again to get better and test yourself? Your post suggests all players think it would be great to act like this but resist doing so for the good of the game. I think the reality is the vast majority of players just wouldn't do this stuff because it's not in their nature and not how they want to approach poker. The game of poker will retain it's universal appeal whatever strat individual players use against each other. I mean being nice to fish so you can take their money and berating fish to take their money is just different strategies to take their money, and we don't rightly know which approach has what actual effect.

What's far more damaging to the image of poker is all the universally publicised lying and stealing that goes on. I reckon that turns a lot of people off. Yet I always read you guys saying how many of these people eg Brad Booth are "good guys". If you are so worried about the attraction of poker to new players I don't know why you think these people are good guys when they are spoiling it for you, and spoiling it to a much greater degree than some bumhunter.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: