blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:56:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273128 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Andrew Feldman
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Andrew Feldman  (Read 101519 times)
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #465 on: September 04, 2012, 11:50:40 AM »

doubt many of the posters on here will know of aces poker
would like to hear?
Me 2

It's quite a long story, Lee, & quite an astonishing one, too. To be fair, you need to know the individuals involved for it to have full impact. Some are still around, & several "victims" are current members of blonde.

I'm sure Camel will deliver more succinct cliffs than I ever could. He used to Blog about it a fair bit, back in around 2004, 5 & 6 I seem to recall.

To this day, every time I see a certain gentleman from the Continent, he asks me if I know the whereabouts of those involved. Apparently, he wants to have a word. 

It's an astonishing story with victims strewn all around and a mysterious continental villain seeking retribution. But that's for another thread

FYP
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: September 04, 2012, 12:02:24 PM »

How does bankruptcy work in this country, if Zimbler won the next tourney he played and shipped £100k, would he have to hand some of it over to Feldman or does he get to keep the lot?

Surely it will just go anon and on and on.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #467 on: September 04, 2012, 12:05:49 PM »

would like to hear?
Me 2

It's quite a long story, Lee, & quite an astonishing one, too. To be fair, you need to know the individuals involved for it to have full impact. Some are still around, & several "victims" are current members of blonde.

I'm sure Camel will deliver more succinct cliffs than I ever could. He used to Blog about it a fair bit, back in around 2004, 5 & 6 I seem to recall.

To this day, every time I see a certain gentleman from the Continent, he asks me if I know the whereabouts of those involved. Apparently, he wants to have a word. 

It's an astonishing story with victims strewn all around and a mysterious continental villain seeking retribution. But that's for another thread

FYP

To be fair, Alun, I can barely believe that there are folks immersed in the poker world who do NOT know the story, or at least the bare bones of it.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
jack2off

View Profile
« Reply #468 on: September 04, 2012, 12:19:20 PM »

Kinda agree with camel itt.

So DTD employed a bankrupt welcher who's opinions are mocked to present their showcase stream to the poker community. Doesn't seem like a great choice. Personally I would go with Keith Chegwin because he has a recognisable voice and would be cheap.
And probably do it naked?

Joking aside, I agree! Many people become bankrupt through unfortunate circumstances that they have no control over, decent guys who worked hard all their lives. That's the harsh reality of the current climate. Those people deserve all the help they can get back on their feet!

But to hire the services for live streaming of a poker player who has been judged to have conned another poker player lacks any positives for me when he has not even apologised! Everyone makes mistakes, be a man and apologise at least!
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: September 04, 2012, 04:54:51 PM »

would like to hear?
Me 2

FYP

To be fair, Alun, I can barely believe that there are folks immersed in the poker world who do NOT know the story, or at least the bare bones of it.

i for one would like some cliffs but i am a nosey git

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: September 04, 2012, 05:27:47 PM »

How does bankruptcy work in this country, if Zimbler won the next tourney he played and shipped £100k, would he have to hand some of it over to Feldman or does he get to keep the lot?

I should sue you Smiley

post six on anon at dtd thread
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 05:32:16 PM by redsimon » Logged

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: September 04, 2012, 05:50:57 PM »

I should sue you Smiley

post six on anon at dtd thread
He'd only apply for bankruptcy

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: September 04, 2012, 06:14:03 PM »

2 guys invited investment into building an online poker platform waaaay ahead of the boom.  "Aces Poker"  Lots of people threw money at it.  At least 1 of the 2 guys were seen playing table games heavily and lording it up.  No platform got built.  Not sure on refunds, estimated to be 0c on the $.

That's the cliffs, pretty sure the full version is worth a read, when someone gets round to writing it.

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #473 on: September 04, 2012, 06:19:56 PM »

or...

Read All About It

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: September 04, 2012, 06:20:35 PM »

It was a major story

I was playing at Luton soon after with a guy with the same name as one of the Aces Poker principals

In the car park with him, coincidentally having been knocked out, I was told to make myself scarce when he was confronted by a number of heavies who'd heard that xyz was playing this festival comp and had been sent to knock seven shades of...out of him

xyz of the same name talked his way out of it

the whole episode caused immense bad feeling, that lingers to this day, although the actual xyz has made occasional comebacks in cardrooms in 2009-10, not seen him since though

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
jack2off

View Profile
« Reply #475 on: September 04, 2012, 06:21:50 PM »

2 guys invited investment into building an online poker platform waaaay ahead of the boom.  "Aces Poker"  Lots of people threw money at it.  At least 1 of the 2 guys were seen playing table games heavily and lording it up.  No platform got built.  Not sure on refunds, estimated to be 0c on the $.

That's the cliffs, pretty sure the full version is worth a read, when someone gets round to writing it.

Pretty much identical to what Wayne Lineker has allegedly just done with his new 'waynesworld' / 'shuffling' website that was going to rival Facebook. Took 1m investment, paid 700k for skeleton website, 3 years later it fails, Lineker bankrupt, yet just opened ocean club Ibiza which he purchased (under Sons name) for approx 700k!

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: September 04, 2012, 06:25:32 PM »

It was a major story

I was playing at Luton soon after with a guy with the same name as one of the Aces Poker principals

In the car park with him, coincidentally having been knocked out, I was told to make myself scarce when he was confronted by a number of heavies who'd heard that xyz was playing this festival comp and had been sent to knock seven shades of...out of him

the whole episode caused immense bad feeling, that lingers to this day, although the actual xyz has made occasional comebacks in cardrooms in 2009-10, not seen him since though
We need more tighty shadey stories. Do you know if Paul read this thread

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: September 04, 2012, 06:26:55 PM »

It was a major story

Yesterday was awkward.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #478 on: September 04, 2012, 06:33:45 PM »

It was a major story

Yesterday was awkward.

Yeah I bet but he seems pretty thick skinned. Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: September 04, 2012, 06:36:49 PM »

It was a major story

Yesterday was awkward.

Yeah I bet but he seemed pretty thick
FYP

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: