blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 02:09:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273128 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Andrew Feldman
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Andrew Feldman  (Read 101522 times)
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #495 on: September 04, 2012, 09:12:31 PM »

How does bankruptcy work in this country, if Zimbler won the next tourney he played and shipped £100k, would he have to hand some of it over to Feldman or does he get to keep the lot?

Surely it will just go anon and on and on.

I should sue you Smiley

post six on anon at dtd thread

?
Plagiarism

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
peejaytwo

View Profile
« Reply #496 on: September 04, 2012, 10:27:30 PM »

I'm not the sort to send the boys round for a quiet word, but I know plenty that would.

As a bookmaker i have written off thousands in bad debts,and never given this a second thought cos if they haven't got it you cant get it.
however,i did once "send the boys round" to a guy who i was convinced was taking the piss. i had more sleepless nights about how this would turn out than the £3k or so i was trying to get back.vastly overrated method unless you have no feelings for anyone or anything.

But what was the outcome, did you get any money back?

not a cent,but after the "visit" i knew i was wrong.
they were still trading (bookmakers) at the time but didn't have a pot to piss in.seem to remember one of the guys trying to get into horse syndication malton/middleham way but didn't take much notice thereafter.
peejaytwo

View Profile
« Reply #497 on: September 04, 2012, 10:39:22 PM »

I'm not the sort to send the boys round for a quiet word, but I know plenty that would.

As a bookmaker i have written off thousands in bad debts,and never given this a second thought cos if they haven't got it you cant get it.
however,i did once "send the boys round" to a guy who i was convinced was taking the piss. i had more sleepless nights about how this would turn out than the £3k or so i was trying to get back.vastly overrated method unless you have no feelings for anyone or anything.

But what was the outcome, did you get any money back?

not a cent,but after the "visit" i knew i was wrong.
they were still trading (bookmakers) at the time but didn't have a pot to piss in.seem to remember one of the guys trying to get into horse syndication malton/middleham way but didn't take much notice thereafter.

HOWEVER....
i do remember a story where it worked.
we have a property split into several flats.the managing agents were useless and one of the tenants owed >£1k in rent arrears (this is prob 25 years ago). when we found out we asked for court action to be taken ASAP. the agent said this was costly and would take time so a "visit" was done. the "beef" just filled the door frame and told him to buggar off sharpish and the next day we changed the locks and moved on.
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #498 on: September 04, 2012, 11:39:45 PM »

Played with Dave Welch a few times and even seen him in the last few years so clearly he isnt worried about being confronted. Didn't realize he had been involved in that scam despite having heard of aces poker.

I'm sure the poker bastard used to be all over this story in his musings
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #499 on: September 04, 2012, 11:56:06 PM »

Played with Dave Welch a few times and even seen him in the last few years so clearly he isnt worried about being confronted. Didn't realize he had been involved in that scam despite having heard of aces poker.

The suckers investors were hand picked pretty carefully for their inability to cause a rumpus if it all went tits up.

They slipped up by letting a certain continental gentleman give them money, because he would not have expected his 25k to be wagered on crap / eleven and all the hard ways.

He was the only one to get anything back.

Therein lies a lesson for young Mr Feldman.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #500 on: September 04, 2012, 11:58:36 PM »

You do realise that there are two Dave Welch's Greg.

The Dave Welch involved with Aces Poker used to be one half of the duo known as "Pinky and Perky" although I never did figure out which one was which. I have seen him within the last couple of years at DTD though.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #501 on: September 05, 2012, 12:56:26 AM »

The Dave Welch involved with Aces Poker used to be one half of the duo known as "Pinky and Perky" although I never did figure out which one was which. I have seen him within the last couple of years at DTD though.
I heard he was still in Berlin

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #502 on: September 05, 2012, 06:34:30 AM »

The suckers investors were hand picked pretty carefully for their inability to cause a rumpus if it all went tits up.

They slipped up by letting a certain continental gentleman give them money, because he would not have expected his 25k to be wagered on crap / eleven and all the hard ways.

He was the only one to get anything back.

Therein lies a lesson for young Mr Feldman.

Ahha, the "continental gentleman" makes another appearance in the thread......

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #503 on: September 05, 2012, 08:31:55 AM »

Whilst I don't know the gentleman's identity, I'd take pretty short odds..

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #504 on: September 05, 2012, 08:35:40 AM »

Whilst I don't know the gentleman's identity, I'd take pretty short odds..

In before picture of Cyril

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #505 on: September 05, 2012, 08:42:30 AM »

or

Click to see full-size image.

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #506 on: September 05, 2012, 10:33:21 AM »

I have a picture of both Dave Welchs but not sure if I get into trouble posting. Easiest way is to hendonmob and figure it out. The continental was at Dtd this weekend again I take it.
The last person you want to hurt is the broke bum. The most effective way is to target the ones he loves and this also means the kids. I had some personnel experience of this a while back. I suppose it works on a similar principle with the Blatch incident where you ain't ever getting paid back by him ( because he ain't got the dough) so go tithe people who care about him and have the means to Pay back. Least his parents have a chance of being paid back by Blatch.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #507 on: September 05, 2012, 10:56:55 AM »

I know Dave for around 25years n he never gave me any problems.
Don't know what he done but he never offended me.
So I don't care but I think he's sound
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #508 on: September 05, 2012, 06:40:24 PM »

No I didn't. The one I am thinking of has played LNP. Short fat with dark hair, ran a transport company or summink
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #509 on: September 05, 2012, 08:57:31 PM »

Going back to the days of open outcry trading, a scenario I witnessed zillions of times:  A trader stands in a pit and has an order to buy a large amount over the course of the day on behalf of the client at the trader's discretion.  Simultaneously, the trader also has his 'jobbing' account - an account for which he trades for his own profit.  Laws are there to force the trader to subordinate his own account in favour of the client.  However, the trader decides to execute a trade on behalf of the client and the price immediately moves in his favour.  He now has a choice to assign that trade to the client or to say nothing and keep that profitable trade for himself... guess which decision many of them make..

fast forward to 2012.  You give me some money to trade $/DOW and I let you know how you did later.  Anyone see the similarity?  The trade goes well, that was for me.  The trade does badly, oh by the way, here is your trade. (and bill)

On top of that, if anyone wants to pay me 30% fee on a fund of that size, I will (mis)manage it for you (as long as you indemnify me from subsequent court proceedings as this case obv now gives a precedent for future cases)

I don't have the details over an above the judge's findings ~ but it seems to me very very likely that Feldman was naive/flat out stupid beyond belief and that Zimbler knew enough to take advantage of that as a massive freeroll  (but not enough to be sensible with it, or enough to trade the market well)

There were some rails guys for big bookmakers that now live a life of luxury abroad that used to pull a trick like this.

They would be on the rails at the big meetings(pre computerisation days) and taking many verbal bets just as the race was about to go. The last 10 or so bets were held back from the ledger and if the bet was a loser it went in their pocket and if it won it went in the book.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: