blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:34:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273128 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Andrew Feldman
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 [38] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Andrew Feldman  (Read 101517 times)
MTT DESTROYER

View Profile
« Reply #555 on: September 23, 2012, 10:09:05 AM »

Poker player plays a tournament, wtf?

Looking forward to the Feldman didn't 'go large' at McDonalds update.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: September 23, 2012, 10:11:19 AM »

Poker player plays a tournament, wtf?

Looking forward to the Feldman didn't 'go large' at McDonalds update.

Wink

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: October 10, 2012, 09:28:15 AM »

Going back to the days of open outcry trading, a scenario I witnessed zillions of times:  A trader stands in a pit and has an order to buy a large amount over the course of the day on behalf of the client at the trader's discretion.  Simultaneously, the trader also has his 'jobbing' account - an account for which he trades for his own profit.  Laws are there to force the trader to subordinate his own account in favour of the client.  However, the trader decides to execute a trade on behalf of the client and the price immediately moves in his favour.  He now has a choice to assign that trade to the client or to say nothing and keep that profitable trade for himself... guess which decision many of them make..

fast forward to 2012.  You give me some money to trade $/DOW and I let you know how you did later.  Anyone see the similarity?  The trade goes well, that was for me.  The trade does badly, oh by the way, here is your trade. (and bill)

On top of that, if anyone wants to pay me 30% fee on a fund of that size, I will (mis)manage it for you (as long as you indemnify me from subsequent court proceedings as this case obv now gives a precedent for future cases)

I don't have the details over an above the judge's findings ~ but it seems to me very very likely that Feldman was naive/flat out stupid beyond belief and that Zimbler knew enough to take advantage of that as a massive freeroll  (but not enough to be sensible with it, or enough to trade the market well)

There were some rails guys for big bookmakers that now live a life of luxury abroad that used to pull a trick like this.

They would be on the rails at the big meetings(pre computerisation days) and taking many verbal bets just as the race was about to go. The last 10 or so bets were held back from the ledger and if the bet was a loser it went in their pocket and if it won it went in the book.

For some reason, I thought about this whilst in the shower.....  If they could past-post like this, then as well as trousering losers, if a total skinner trotted up, they may as well have £50 on that in the ledger too?

atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: October 10, 2012, 12:49:53 PM »

they could back the winners themselves, but no real point, for one the bets may start to show a pattern, lots of big priced rags being bet at last minute, 2 they would be a record to look back on, by just deleting the losing bet no one is the wiser, and nothing to look into.

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
AceHighSuited

View Profile
« Reply #559 on: October 10, 2012, 12:54:52 PM »

they could back the winners themselves, but no real point, for one the bets may start to show a pattern, lots of big priced rags being bet at last minute, 2 they would be a record to look back on, by just deleting the losing bet no one is the wiser, and nothing to look into.

I once heard a story of someone who worked in the shops when they used the old carbon copy slips date and time stamping and then marking in selections after the event and having a friend go collect.  Not sure how much truth is in it, but I would imagine this could have been quite profitable.
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #560 on: October 10, 2012, 01:29:37 PM »

You could go back a few years before that when there were no cameras in shop at all (either eye in the sky or photocopying betting slips).  Must have been Christmas every month for criminal-minded settlers.

moonandback

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: October 10, 2012, 01:46:40 PM »

I once heard a story of someone who worked in the shops when they used the old carbon copy slips date and time stamping and then marking in selections after the event and having a friend go collect.  Not sure how much truth is in it, but I would imagine this could have been quite profitable.
[/quote]

all bets were microfilmed so most staff who tried this were eventually caught tis good in theory though. i heard a story once about a manager who waited for 3 horse races over the jumps with a long odds on fav he would write out a £100 rev f/c on the rags and wait to see if the jolly fell at the 1st hovering his bet over the till the whole while to make it appear like a ok bet! apparently he waited nearly 6 months for his 'coup' to come in lol.

its better that i have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #562 on: October 10, 2012, 02:12:03 PM »

always loads of scams going on between punters/staff. settlers giving out wrong amounts on combo bets , then resettling to correct amount and pocket difference,on course bookies floor men would be sent down line to say get a 500-100 back, get it with mate bookie come back tell his bookie boss could only get 450-100 .

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
Mehtab

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: October 10, 2012, 04:55:07 PM »

....what didn't she say  Cheesy

lots of swear words, thief, hookers, I know the truth,.....come to mind.

Not exactly covered herself in glory has she!  "we got millions and we're enjoying spending it" lol.  Got zero class though love.

she would have got this from me  ;

Pretty sure if I had Sams looks I would not be tied down

So you're saying the only reason you're faithful/married is because you don't have other options? I hope your Mrs reads this Jason. Personally, I'm disgusted by your attitude.
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #564 on: October 10, 2012, 05:05:16 PM »

always loads of scams going on between punters/staff. settlers giving out wrong amounts on combo bets , then resettling to correct amount and pocket difference,on course bookies floor men would be sent down line to say get a 500-100 back, get it with mate bookie come back tell his bookie boss could only get 450-100 .

I haven't worked in a betting shop for 15 years but even then the number of staff that got fired for this kind of crap was unbelieveable.  The big firms all have security departments that pick up on anything like this in a matter of days.  Of course there may have been guys with an amazing system that never got caught but most do.  On the course it was a different beast and, like Bobby1, I know fo guys that have lead lives way beyond their wages from working on course.

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 [38] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: