blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:37:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  James Keys WSOP Main Event (auction)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: James Keys WSOP Main Event (auction)  (Read 19029 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2012, 05:59:25 AM »

Great effort, fine run, wp.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 15, 2012, 07:14:00 AM »

wp James, details the same as last time lmk on Skype if you need 'em again.

luckyblind

Why did I call myself lucky?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2012, 08:32:51 AM »

Great effort James! Looking forward to next one Smiley

D 4 Events - Deepstack & Short-Handed Poker Festivals across Europe. €500 main events with €300 & €200 Side Events.

Great Structures, Fantastic Venues, Affordable entry fees.

PM for more info.
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 15, 2012, 12:34:03 PM »

Another fine roi. Wp

Actually fell 15% short of my predicted 300% roi.
Yeah shame on you. Not as short as some of those that sold higher tho. Pity there is not anything as detailed as OPR for live players and the hendonmob and the fact people believe that these comps are ridic soft are the only things we have to go on. I have a feeling you are gonna final the wsope if you can bother to go.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 15, 2012, 12:42:37 PM »

Sucks you ran so bad. Wpretty sure would have been over 300% if you ran normal

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2012, 12:56:41 PM »

Another fine roi. Wp

Actually fell 15% short of my predicted 300% roi.
Yeah shame on you. Not as short as some of those that sold higher tho. Pity there is not anything as detailed as OPR for live players and the hendonmob and the fact people believe that these comps are ridic soft are the only things we have to go on. I have a feeling you are gonna final the wsope if you can bother to go.

Yeah I'm sure backers all over the world put up hundreds of millions of dollars based on their hunch that WSOP tournaments might be soft.

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2012, 02:07:52 PM »

Don't they not all say that the main event is one of the softest comps Dan. Pretty sure it is a dam site easier to negotiate than the super 50 at Dtd That I am setting off for

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 15, 2012, 02:27:19 PM »

Don't they not all say that the main event is one of the softest comps Dan. Pretty sure it is a dam site easier to negotiate than the super 50 at Dtd That I am setting off for

If they all think the main event is softer than the super 50 they would be all wrong.  There are clearly soft spots in the main event, but there aren't more than in the super 50 and the tough spots in the main event are going to be way tougher.

People usually overestimate the softness of the wsop events.  Probs no surprise given the circumstances where they do so.

Ofc the plo8 is the exception that proves the rule.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 15, 2012, 05:23:01 PM »

If they all think the main event is softer than the super 50 they would be all wrong.  There are clearly soft spots in the main event, but there aren't more than in the super 50 and the tough spots in the main event are going to be way tougher.

People usually overestimate the softness of the wsop events.  Probs no surprise given the circumstances where they do so.

The table draw is absolutely crucial for the Main Event.

The year I went deep I didn't face a good player who had position on me throughout the 6 days I was in.

My expected ROI was probably somewhere north of 500%

The year afterwards, my starting table included Phil Galfond, Ed Moncada, 2 members of Team Pokerstars Online and a couple of Internet wizards.

I was definitely -ev on that table.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2012, 08:00:21 PM »

The table draw is absolutely crucial for the Main Event.

The year I went deep I didn't face a good player who had position on me throughout the 6 days I was in.

My expected ROI was probably somewhere north of 500%

The year afterwards, my starting table included Phil Galfond, Ed Moncada, 2 members of Team Pokerstars Online and a couple of Internet wizards.

I was definitely -ev on that table.

I struggled with some of the mark ups this year for that reason, table draw is everything in this.
2 lads that sold on here got bad day 1 draws and didn't see the day out, both are good poker players too.
Does the amount of value in the comp outweigh this Keith ?

Obv some people are value no matter who they draw.

DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 15, 2012, 08:31:51 PM »

fwiw from talking on breaks etc I think the team ran pretty terrible with table draws.

For a table to be 'bad' in the main I'd say you'd need at least two other good aggro players, only one or two complete whales and the rest being competent I'd say that represents <5% of tables on day 1, probably rising to 10-15% on day 2. Even then it can be ok if the good aggro guys are a few seats to your right and you have one of the whales on your right too.

I'd say that your 'average' day one table will have 3 or 4 players that require darvin moon rungood to even cash.

skolsuper

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 15, 2012, 09:58:29 PM »

Forgot to say it's gonna take me a couple of weeks to get the cash into ££ in your accounts sry.

RE: the ROI debate, it's easy to forget there are 6000 runners in this comp and therefore it is absolutely ridic high variance. On day 2 when I finished with 234k chips, that was roughly 0.1% of the chips in play. If you equate that to a 0.1% chance of me finishing in 1st place (not a stretch, in fact a conservative estimate), that gives me an expectation of $8.5k just from the times I win the tournament, even though it's still a 999/1 shot. Add in just the other final table positions and a big chunk of my equity is only realised a v small % of the time.

Fortunately the variance is very much reduced by it being ridiculously soft and such a slow structure. It would be selection bias if I were to say how often I have cashed this tournament or point to players who have cashed it 3 in a row or 6 out of 10 times or whatever, but it would be an interesting experiment if we were to crowdsource say 100 players who we think are 'good' and see how many of them cash the main next year, or pick 20 players and track it over 5 years. I would bet on it being over 20% if I agree with the player selections. If I were to suggest only a few players that I have played with extensively and I 'know' are good +ev players, I would pick:

Me
Keith
Mitch
Stato
Giblin
Rupert
Toby
Brammer
Jake
George
Alex
Dan Morgan
Marc Wright

I would definitely bet on the above listed players to cash more often than 1 in 5, so basically you're freerolling the big binks if you buy a piece or swap with a wide selection of good players. In fact with some names in that list I would bet on more than 1 in 4, but I'll leave it up to you to guess which ones. Sorry to anyone I left out...
henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 15, 2012, 10:06:57 PM »

Forgot to say it's gonna take me a couple of weeks to get the cash into ££ in your accounts sry.

No worries.

Sandy
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 15, 2012, 10:13:38 PM »

RE: the ROI debate, it's easy to forget there are 6000 runners in this comp and therefore it is absolutely ridic high variance. On day 2 when I finished with 234k chips, that was roughly 0.1% of the chips in play. If you equate that to a 0.1% chance of me finishing in 1st place (not a stretch, in fact a conservative estimate), that gives me an expectation of $8.5k just from the times I win the tournament, even though it's still a 999/1 shot. Add in just the other final table positions and a big chunk of my equity is only realised a v small % of the time.

Fortunately the variance is very much reduced by it being ridiculously soft and such a slow structure. It would be selection bias if I were to say how often I have cashed this tournament or point to players who have cashed it 3 in a row or 6 out of 10 times or whatever, but it would be an interesting experiment if we were to crowdsource say 100 players who we think are 'good' and see how many of them cash the main next year, or pick 20 players and track it over 5 years. I would bet on it being over 20% if I agree with the player selections. If I were to suggest only a few players that I have played with extensively and I 'know' are good +ev players, I would pick:

Me
Keith
Mitch
Stato
Giblin
Rupert
Toby
Brammer
Jake
George
Alex
Dan Morgan
Marc Wright

I would definitely bet on the above listed players to cash more often than 1 in 5, so basically you're freerolling the big binks if you buy a piece or swap with a wide selection of good players. In fact with some names in that list I would bet on more than 1 in 4, but I'll leave it up to you to guess which ones. Sorry to anyone I left out...

you wrote all that just to tilt Alex.

wp

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
skolsuper

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 15, 2012, 10:20:28 PM »

Me
Keith
Mitch
Stato
Giblin
Rupert
Toby
Brammer
Jake
George
Alex
Dan Morgan
Marc Wright

you wrote all that just to tilt Alex.

wp

Wut? Alex is on there, just realised I left off Deadman tho. Hopefully he hasn't figured out how to find the other boards yet...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: