blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 11:47:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272876 Posts in 66758 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Team_Eureka's Vegas Escapades!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 47 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Team_Eureka's Vegas Escapades!  (Read 121940 times)
Mondeoman

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: June 22, 2012, 09:26:32 PM »

Personal update.  Arrived at the Venetian to check in and was met by the very polite and capable Dwayne.  Dwayne kindly informed me that even though I was checking into a suite in a 5 star hotel my room would be small and have no view.  Would I like to upgrade for $50 a night, obv I was thinking wtf Dwayne? But trying to keep the pretence that I'm some sort of big dog in front of the girlfriend I submissively agreed to his upsell.
  I arrive at the room and my bag that must have been designed by a failed gnvq design student decides to topple over and crack the large mirror in the room.  We laugh about 7 years bad luck and go to check out the view in the room.  We do indeed have a view in the room now, it is however of other hotel rooms!
We head poolside where I buy a phone off keys for $85.  Apparently phones by the pool are fine, phones in the pool are not Sad
Anyway on to a night out where where I lose every flip for 3 taxis, the meal and the drinks. 
So 7 hours in to Vegas I'm $500 and 7 years bad luck down and I haven't gambled a penny yet!
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 22, 2012, 09:44:10 PM »

Stato not out there yet? Just noticed him on stars now.

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 22, 2012, 09:49:44 PM »

Monday.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 22, 2012, 09:57:57 PM »

Monday.

ahhhh. i c i c.

iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 22, 2012, 10:31:50 PM »

Let me just get this right then.Alex is up $5,KJ is down $500 with 7 years thrown in for bad luck and Simon Deadman is steaming towards a payout in one of the early comps.Awesome start to the gold chase.Meanwhile I have just had a lovely meal in Venice whilst all the time wishing I was at The Venetian.Highlight for me will be Sunday watching the football in a bar full of Italians.Good luck to everyone out there and let's all hope Simon smashes it tomorrow.Love the updates.

Father of Ed and Alice, grandfather to Toby. That is enough for anyone. Twitter @IanGas
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 22, 2012, 11:27:57 PM »

Personal update.  Arrived at the Venetian to check in and was met by the very polite and capable Dwayne.  Dwayne kindly informed me that even though I was checking into a suite in a 5 star hotel my room would be small and have no view.  Would I like to upgrade for $50 a night, obv I was thinking wtf Dwayne? But trying to keep the pretence that I'm some sort of big dog in front of the girlfriend I submissively agreed to his upsell.
  I arrive at the room and my bag that must have been designed by a failed gnvq design student decides to topple over and crack the large mirror in the room.  We laugh about 7 years bad luck and go to check out the view in the room.  We do indeed have a view in the room now, it is however of other hotel rooms!
We head poolside where I buy a phone off keys for $85.  Apparently phones by the pool are fine, phones in the pool are not Sad
Anyway on to a night out where where I lose every flip for 3 taxis, the meal and the drinks. 
So 7 hours in to Vegas I'm $500 and 7 years bad luck down and I haven't gambled a penny yet!

They call the standard rooms there suites for some reason. Must be because you get a sofa on one side of the room lol.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 22, 2012, 11:42:44 PM »

GL chaps.

I had a similar but less dramatic arrival at Vdara a few months back. My suite was smaller than a holiday inn express and I had a fine view of the back of the bellagio. After a 10 hour flight, 90 mins queue-crawling in customs and an absurd wait for a taxi, this was not what I wanted. Fortunately the polite lady on reception was able to offer me a better room and would only charge me another $70 a night.

I might give up pots easily but this one I was not going to allow! After expressing my dissatisfaction in my best "knackered brummie", we agreed that I could have a better room for the price I paid.

It just isn't what you need after a long flight, so completely sympathize.

Hopefully you chaps win enough to buy the villa for next time. Actually, correction: enough to buy the Venetian.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 22, 2012, 11:53:47 PM »

They call the standard rooms there suites for some reason. Must be because you get a sofa on one side of the room lol.

That's exactly why.  Jam a sofa in room = suite.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Mitch

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 23, 2012, 10:34:25 AM »

So, the rooms weren't ready by 3. In fact the rooms weren't ready by 6 either. Finally at 7.10pm we have the keys to one of our two apartments. Not great but we only really need one at the minute anyway.

Only problem is, the previous occupant only moved out today so they've not been cleaned, and nobody is available til 9am. Marv. We go check em out and there clean enough for tonight, although one bed has no linen on. Fortunately I won the flip to stay in the other with clean sheets but no pillow.

In general the place is really nice and modern. Should be fine eventually but the whole shenanigans has put a bit of a dampener on the start of the trip. Kind of wish we just stayed budget on the strip and avoided the hassle.

On a personal note, bust the $3k early doors. Won 1 hand all tourny and finally lost my last 15bbs, AK<AJ aipf. Spiffing.

My table was joke soft tho, just couldn't do anything about it to get chips.

On the plus side, doing good at flips and had a nice free meal tonight courtesy of mondeoman at a nice steak house in the Venetian. Had a good laugh and a spin on craps to wind in a relatively Uneventful day.

Gonna grind cash 2moz and then hit the beer for England on Sunday. Fun times ahead. Just want the whole accommodation thing fully sorted so it feels like we're settled and can get started properly.

Leatherman

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 23, 2012, 10:50:26 AM »

Yeh all good cheers pal.. Sent ya a PM

Satellite King
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 23, 2012, 10:54:43 AM »

The posh ones update? Hopefully no news = good bews

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
rhinoass

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 23, 2012, 10:56:55 AM »

Mitch, any news on how livelady and alex did?
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 23, 2012, 11:15:43 AM »

The posh ones update? Hopefully no news = good bews
Thread needs more photos IMO.  Suggestion to let off some steam would be to go and fire some machine guns. Great experience and fun too.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 23, 2012, 11:32:03 AM »

Whilst the boy are away an update on the online grind.

Stato abs crushing at the mo. Won 2 comps on stars last night for around 10k. I cam 3rd in the same 100 turbo which stato scooped (Rasta avatar ftw)

Thigh won a comp on .fr for 4k

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 23, 2012, 12:13:14 PM »

Good luck to all the boys out in vegas.
lol @ keith breaking the mirror and running bad without gambling.
agree with smashed loads of photos required .
glglglglgl

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 47 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: