blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:23:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Fett Main Event shares - sold out
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fett Main Event shares - sold out  (Read 12097 times)
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2012, 02:13:59 PM »

It's the main event, roughly 10x the size of the Irish open and with a better structure. Fett has a pretty good online record and a decent sized FT finish in the recent past. Doesn't seem excessive to me.

Dubai: what's wrong with the auctions?

Already sent pm!
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2012, 02:14:42 PM »

Give the lad a break, he supports a team that don't even exist anymore.

Just sayin.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2012, 02:16:07 PM »

but you SHOULD point it out imo.

I just don't bid in auctions. Seems I'm always the bad guy, let someone else state the obvious from now on cos I usually really like the people selling so don't want it to seem personal. Like the Dan Morgan one, we had dinner and chatted about it first night he was in Vegas so he knew it wasnt personal. He then rolled for 20mins on his craps debut which helped Smiley
skolsuper

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2012, 02:17:02 PM »

It's the main event, roughly 10x the size of the Irish open and with a better structure. Fett has a pretty good online record and a decent sized FT finish in the recent past. Doesn't seem excessive to me.

Dubai: what's wrong with the auctions?

Already sent pm!

Ah yeah agree 100%
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2012, 02:25:25 PM »

Have you played the main event at the WSOP before?

Have you ever played an event lasting more than 3 days before?

1.5 seems a very high markup, how can you justify it?

Hi Camel

This will be my 1st Main Event.  I have never played more than 3 days in 1 tournament before however I have played a few day in live tournaments including recently winning GPS Edinburgh, I played Day 1a on the Thursday lasting 10 hours plus breaks, Friday off (although I played the side event that night for 2-3 hours), another 10 hours plus breaks on Saturday and then around 11 hours total on Sunday for the final 11 players including around 2.5 hours of HU play.

My stakers recently researched how many days I played online for them in the last year and told me I played 290 of the 365 days and obviously this does not include days I played live and didnt play online.  The majority of my online sessions I reg from 5pm-midnight UK time and finish up anytime around 2-4am so I play around 9-11 hours per day so I am used to playing long daily sessions over consecutive days both online and live.

Finally, I am staying in a house off-strip with my stakers and other friends who will all be playing the main event themselves and some of them will have some of my action, I think its a great environment for talking about hands/spots/strategy between days and being able to relax in the time off as opposed to staying in a hotel on the strip for example.

As for the markup, I looked at the other proposals around here, on 2p2 and elsewhere and also spoke to some friends asking what they were selling at and what they thought I should/could sell at.  The majority of people seem to be selling around 1.4-1.7 and a lot of the players are players I play against every day in my daily schedule that are regs in the same games as me and that I have similar online record to.  So I felt I could justify selling at around the same price as them.  As with every market, some people might overcharge and others will undercharge.  Marc Wright for example I think is undercharging and I wish I saw his thread before it sold out.  I feel like 1.5 is in line with the current overall market for main event pieces.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 02:29:20 PM by Boba Fett » Logged

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
skolsuper

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2012, 03:57:46 PM »

2% plz
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2012, 03:59:13 PM »

2% plz
Booked, Ill contact you in an hour.

TY

8% left

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2012, 04:42:05 PM »

1, stars ok?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2012, 04:45:30 PM »

1, stars ok?
booked, speak to you on Skype about payment

7% left

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2012, 05:04:27 PM »

Hi Camel

This will be my 1st Main Event.  I have never played more than 3 days in 1 tournament before however I have played a few day in live tournaments including recently winning GPS Edinburgh, I played Day 1a on the Thursday lasting 10 hours plus breaks, Friday off (although I played the side event that night for 2-3 hours), another 10 hours plus breaks on Saturday and then around 11 hours total on Sunday for the final 11 players including around 2.5 hours of HU play.

My stakers recently researched how many days I played online for them in the last year and told me I played 290 of the 365 days and obviously this does not include days I played live and didnt play online.  The majority of my online sessions I reg from 5pm-midnight UK time and finish up anytime around 2-4am so I play around 9-11 hours per day so I am used to playing long daily sessions over consecutive days both online and live.

Finally, I am staying in a house off-strip with my stakers and other friends who will all be playing the main event themselves and some of them will have some of my action, I think its a great environment for talking about hands/spots/strategy between days and being able to relax in the time off as opposed to staying in a hotel on the strip for example.

As for the markup, I looked at the other proposals around here, on 2p2 and elsewhere and also spoke to some friends asking what they were selling at and what they thought I should/could sell at.  The majority of people seem to be selling around 1.4-1.7 and a lot of the players are players I play against every day in my daily schedule that are regs in the same games as me and that I have similar online record to.  So I felt I could justify selling at around the same price as them.  As with every market, some people might overcharge and others will undercharge.  Marc Wright for example I think is undercharging and I wish I saw his thread before it sold out.  I feel like 1.5 is in line with the current overall market for main event pieces.

Hi Paul,

Please bear in mind this is no way personal.

For a player to sell at 1.5, he should have a expected ROI of approaching 2.0 for it to a an attractive proposition for buyers.

There are undoubtedly plenty of soft spots in the main event, but there is also virtually every winning player in the worild + even the bad players are psyched up to play their absolute best - which usually means tight. While this is obviously exploitable, it isn't until you go deeper in the event when antes and blinds start to mount up.

That's why I asked about how many multi day tournaments you had played.

There are players who I would certainly pay 1.5 for the main event: Flushy, Keys, Rupert, JP Kelly etc.

But all have proven records in multi day big tournaments with hundreds of thousands of pounds on offer.

I think 1.5 is the sort of level a premier poker player should be charging and although you might well prove to be that in the future, the record you have presented is not strong enough to justify this markup.

If you were to drop your markup to 1.1 I would buy 5%.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2012, 05:42:28 PM »

Hi Camel

Hi Paul,

Please bear in mind this is no way personal.

For a player to sell at 1.5, he should have a expected ROI of approaching 2.0 for it to a an attractive proposition for buyers.

There are undoubtedly plenty of soft spots in the main event, but there is also virtually every winning player in the worild + even the bad players are psyched up to play their absolute best - which usually means tight. While this is obviously exploitable, it isn't until you go deeper in the event when antes and blinds start to mount up.

That's why I asked about how many multi day tournaments you had played.

There are players who I would certainly pay 1.5 for the main event: Flushy, Keys, Rupert, JP Kelly etc.

But all have proven records in multi day big tournaments with hundreds of thousands of pounds on offer.

I think 1.5 is the sort of level a premier poker player should be charging and although you might well prove to be that in the future, the record you have presented is not strong enough to justify this markup.

If you were to drop your markup to 1.1 I would buy 5%.

I understand your position and dont take it personally, however I am not interested in dropping my price.  Id rather just keep the action if I cant shift it.

Thanks anyway

Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2012, 04:54:47 PM »

M.Smith switched to 1% so 8% available again

FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2012, 08:12:57 AM »