blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:23:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  The Staking Board, Auctions: Debate
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Staking Board, Auctions: Debate  (Read 10254 times)
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2012, 12:48:40 AM »

Jesus.  

Feel free to expand/start a new thread

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2012, 12:59:59 AM »

Wow dan really?

Never seen a minus ev thread?

-EV stakes not included obv

fyp
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 07:13:52 AM by TightEnd » Logged

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2012, 07:15:23 AM »

Staking Board Guidelines

- You may offer to stake players, or ask for staking, or apply for an offer of staking, but only if you have a minimum of 300 forum posts and have been a member of the forum for at least three months.

- Posts should detail in full the proposal to be discussed, rates and amounts available to produce transparency in all instances.

- Begging posts will be removed

- Names of those staking an individual can remain confidential to PMs

- blonde Poker will not become involved in disputes as to the stake itself under any circumstances but will moderate public boards in line with its guidelines for flaming etc.

- This will be non-commercial for blonde Poker.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2012, 07:18:23 AM »

We have split off this debate from the proposal it was attached to

We have a "300 Posts" Rule", posted above with other guidelines, but this is being circumvented via off-thread bids. (Twitter, FB, PM's, friends etc), & this is making a mockery of the rules.

The Auctions, as structured, are also highly susceptible to ramping, in the opinion of some.

Normally, the Mods would make these decisions as to any changes required on here, but we think various blondes have a better handle than we do

Once any issues are debated on here the Mods can decide what to do on the basis of good debate & evidence.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2012, 09:12:23 AM »

Dubai raises some good points imo and Dan is pretty much spot on.

I don't like auctions simply because I don't want to ask for a piece then wait a couple of weeks to find out if I have been booked or not, then maybe have to ask again and so on and so on. Like on ebay, I never actually bid on anything I just click on the buy it now button. Small point but its enough to make me not bid on them.

LonOhRay

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2012, 09:22:06 AM »

I don't like auctions simply because I don't want to ask for a piece then wait a couple of weeks to find out if I have been booked or not, then maybe have to ask again and so on and so on. Like on ebay, I never actually bid on anything I just click on the buy it now button. Small point but its enough to make me not bid on them.

Something that could be incorporated into the auction format ... A buy it now price
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2012, 09:54:39 AM »

Something that could be incorporated into the auction format ... A buy it now price

True and would probs make me get involved in an auction although you might as well put up a 'normal' staking request and sell at the buy it now price as that is a price you are clearly ok with.

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2012, 11:15:48 AM »

Some people might not fancy giving their opinion given the way recent staking threads turned out.why not post a poll with options ranging from auctions are good fun thru to auctions should be banned from the staking board?

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2012, 12:08:56 PM »

I don't see any reason why any one buyer or group of buyers should get preferential treatment or be "looked after" in any way on a public staking board.

You don't see any reason why a business should look after it's regular customers?

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2012, 12:32:07 PM »

Some people might not fancy giving their opinion given the way recent staking threads turned out.why not post a poll with options ranging from auctions are good fun thru to auctions should be banned from the staking board?

this, i see pro's and cons for both methods of selling

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2012, 12:51:30 PM »

James Keys stopped taking non blonde bids 1 hour before the auction and updated accordingly. Harder to fix. Bidding late is auction 101 but it does piss some people off.

Sandy
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2012, 02:21:20 PM »

Thoughts on Herbies idea of a Dutch auction?

Lasts for say 2 hours, price starts at 2.0, goes down 1.99, 1.98 every minute until it's all sold out.

Haven't given any thought to the pros/cons for buyer/seller just thought it seemed quite fun.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2012, 02:35:43 PM »

We have a "300 Posts" Rule", posted above with other guidelines, but this is being circumvented via off-thread bids. (Twitter, FB, PM's, friends etc), & this is making a mockery of the rules.

The Auctions, as structured, are also highly susceptible to ramping, in the opinion of some.

Normally, the Mods would make these decisions as to any changes required on here, but we think various blondes have a better handle than we do

Once any issues are debated on here the Mods can decide what to do on the basis of good debate & evidence.

I dont think this is making a mockery of the rules at all.  It is to stop unknowns from buying pieces on the boards on a forum where a lot of people dont know each other that well anyway so it reduces the chance of being grimmed.  If someone chooses to also sell on FB/twitter/by PM/another forum then they are taking sole responsibility for ensuring they can trust the people they are selling to.

I open up all my action on facebook and sometimes twitter and its mostly so that my friends who wouldnt have 300, or maybe any, posts on blonde can also buy for a sweat.

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2012, 02:39:37 PM »

I wouldn't go quite as far as to say it makes a mockery of the system (to some extent if you don't trust the auctioneer to run a fair auction then don't bid), but it is does go against the 300-post rule which is a good one.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2012, 02:43:07 PM »

I dont think this is making a mockery of the rules at all.  It is to stop unknowns from buying pieces on the boards on a forum where a lot of people dont know each other that well anyway so it reduces the chance of being grimmed.  If someone chooses to also sell on FB/twitter/by PM/another forum then they are taking sole responsibility for ensuring they can trust the people they are selling to.

I open up all my action on facebook and sometimes twitter and its mostly so that my friends who wouldnt have 300, or maybe any, posts on blonde can also buy for a sweat.

I think what Tighty mean't - well I KNOW what Tighty meant! - was that in FIXED PRICE staking threads, it's one thing, & as long as everyone understands caveat emptor, so be it.

The problem he/we & numerous individuals are alluding to is completely different, & applies particularly to auctions.

blonde have no problem whatsoever with staking auctions, but they ARE susceptible to ramping using the friends/Facebook/Twitter/PM route.

There is NO suggestion whatsoever that anyone has done this, but the problem is self-evident, & has caused much unrest & discussion, whuch has been largely under the radar until now.

We just think we need to re-address the whole subject, & I think this is right & proper.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: