blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:24:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  The Staking Board, Auctions: Debate
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Staking Board, Auctions: Debate  (Read 10260 times)
henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2012, 02:47:52 PM »

I think the issue is that the 300 min posts was directed mainly towards sellers as that's where grimming is hardest to spot. As a seller then you operate no pay get stuffed policy. the policy iirc, was to stop the whole world trying to get staked and thus Blonde being swamped with staking that had little chance of fulfilment and more chance of hiding the genuine allowed threads.

Sandy
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2012, 02:50:00 PM »

Thoughts on Herbies idea of a Dutch auction?

Lasts for say 2 hours, price starts at 2.0, goes down 1.99, 1.98 every minute until it's all sold out.

Haven't given any thought to the pros/cons for buyer/seller just thought it seemed quite fun.
It's a inspired idea but he has a trade mark. Defo fun. Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2012, 02:54:33 PM »

I think the issue is that the 300 min posts was directed mainly towards sellers as that's where grimming is hardest to spot. As a seller then you operate no pay get stuffed policy. the policy iirc, was to stop the whole world trying to get staked and thus Blonde being swamped with staking that had little chance of fulfilment and more chance of hiding the genuine allowed threads.

Sandy

Yup.

That problem WAS solved by the 300 Post Rule, it stopped all the freeloaders arriving on blonde looking to exploit the board.

Our current concern is really towards Auctions, & trying to ensure they are fair & proper.

Several people made really good points about that earlier in the thread.

So, now we need to move the debate from "what is (potentially) wrong with it" to "how do we best guard against it?"

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2012, 03:03:57 PM »

Just to add my tuppence worth. I prefer the fixed price stakes but am not averse to the idea of the auction even though I recently missed out on a bid due to a last minute text bid.

Would it be workable if the seller stated that x% would be available at auction to Blonde and that another percentage available to outside buyers? This would leave the %age available to Blonde buyers transparent. It wouldn't stop last minute bids (nature of the beast) but it would give both buyers and sellers what they want.

I understand this may bring added overhead the seller but at least they'd still have the option to sell outside of Blonde.
The non Blonde %age wouldn't matter to the Blonde buyer unless. of course, they bid outside of Blonde.

We could then keep the 300 post/3 month rule and the integrity of Blonde would continue allowing buyers and sellers the safety they deserve.

Ah! The element of surprise
henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2012, 03:06:43 PM »

All "off blonde" auction bids have to be posted 1 hour prior to the close of the auction.

Acceptance of "Off Blonde bids" must be stated in the opening pitch which must not be edited.

You have to bear in mind that, as a buyer, if it looks bent you might be minded not to pay as you aren't paying in advance but after the close of the auction so there is a safegaurd in place by default.

Sandy
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2012, 03:18:31 PM »

All "off blonde" auction bids have to be posted 1 hour prior to the close of the auction.

Acceptance of "Off Blonde bids" must be stated in the opening pitch which must not be edited.

You have to bear in mind that, as a buyer, if it looks bent you might be minded not to pay as you aren't paying in advance but after the close of the auction so there is a safegaurd in place by default.

Sandy

For sure, that would help would-be bidders know where they stand, & gives them the opportunity, if they so desire, to swerve it.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2012, 04:06:20 PM »

It would just be easier if, as Bobalike suggests, any Blonde staking is Blonde staking only. So if you want to sell 30% of yourself via blonde/FB/Twitter etc, then sell 10% on here.

Having pieces being sold elsewhere in the one staking can make it look as though shenanigans are afoot, even if they aren't.

We sometimes get staking threads where there'll be no replies for a while, then a '5% gone via PM/FB/carrier pigeon/etc' which always look a bit sus, even if they are genuine. In an auction, the suspicion would be even greater and, ultimately, the whole staking business on here does rely on implicit trust.
henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2012, 04:17:20 PM »

Staking in general involves a lot of trust as does any deal when one side stumps up cash in advance.

Sandy
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2012, 04:21:45 PM »

To get over the PM skulduggery problem, can we not remove the 300 post rule, but make it 300 posts to "start" a topic in staking, assuming that's possible.

As transactions are paid in advance the integrity of the buyer is much less important than the seller, that will cut some of the problems.
NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2012, 04:23:08 PM »

It would just be easier if, as Bobalike suggests, any Blonde staking is Blonde staking only. So if you want to sell 30% of yourself via blonde/FB/Twitter etc, then sell 10% on here.

Having pieces being sold elsewhere in the one staking can make it look as though shenanigans are afoot, even if they aren't.

We sometimes get staking threads where there'll be no replies for a while, then a '5% gone via PM/FB/carrier pigeon/etc' which always look a bit sus, even if they are genuine. In an auction, the suspicion would be even greater and, ultimately, the whole staking business on here does rely on implicit trust.

agree the auction is obv abusable and don't really have much input on how to smooth that one out but what difference does it make to a normal proposal if "5% gone via carrier pigeon"

Christopher Brammer
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2012, 04:43:31 PM »

Think the implication is that people are trying to suggest there is demand in order to stimulate demand..  The only staking request I ever put up sold 20% by pm....it didn't sell anymore so I would suggest it doesn't work!!!!

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2012, 04:43:46 PM »

agree the auction is obv abusable and don't really have much input on how to smooth that one out but what difference does it make to a normal proposal if "5% gone via carrier pigeon"

I think the concern ( in Auctions, NOT fixed price offers) centres around "5% gone via carrier pigeon @ 1.silly".

NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2012, 04:52:03 PM »

I think the concern ( in Auctions, NOT fixed price offers) centres around "5% gone via carrier pigeon @ 1.silly".

yeh i see how auctions are open to abuse like this. andrew implied a normal fixed price offer on the forum which part sold off the forum looked "a bit sus" though and i don't really see what difference it makes.

Christopher Brammer
NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2012, 04:53:52 PM »

Think the implication is that people are trying to suggest there is demand in order to stimulate demand..  The only staking request I ever put up sold 20% by pm....it didn't sell anymore so I would suggest it doesn't work!!!!

ok yeh i guess that's a reason. seems negligible though (as u found out haha)

Christopher Brammer
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2012, 05:04:10 PM »

On an unrelated side note, a chap used to put up occasional "optimistic" staking Threads, & there'd be no replies for days, not one, so he'd Post "nobody interested?"

Umm, self-evidently, no Sir.....

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: