blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:31:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  ITM in the $100 Sunday Million
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ITM in the $100 Sunday Million  (Read 4704 times)
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« on: June 25, 2012, 02:00:34 PM »

Moved table shortly after the bubble burst, about 60-70 hands in everyone is playing failry tight, I have been raising and taking much more in the last 30-40 hands although I'm not sure if anyone is paying real attention. Haven't met any resistance other than peel, check folds. This is one of about 4-5 flops that has been shown since I have been at the table.

Only previous hand with the villain he has 10bb bvb and I jam KQ he snaps with A10. Any change in how we play it througout, but espically the river line.

Seat 1: Oyshia (191038 in chips)
Seat 2: Hero (159791 in chips)
Seat 3: Sit or go (192644 in chips)
Seat 4: undaDISGUISE (114063 in chips)
Seat 5: kerity (196059 in chips)
Seat 6: J Thirteen (137882 in chips)
Seat 7: BadPlayerrr (41468 in chips)
Seat 8: BadisBack (39216 in chips)
Seat 9: samdix (171940 in chips)
Oyshia: posts the ante 800
Hero: posts the ante 800
Sit or go: posts the ante 800
undaDISGUISE: posts the ante 800
kerity: posts the ante 800
J Thirteen: posts the ante 800
BadPlayerrr: posts the ante 800
BadisBack: posts the ante 800
samdix: posts the ante 800
Hero: posts small blind 4000
Sit or go: posts big blind 8000
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero[ ]
undaDISGUISE: folds
kerity: folds
J Thirteen: folds
BadPlayerrr: folds
BadisBack: folds
samdix: folds
Oyshia: folds
Hero: raises 10100 to 18100
Sit or go: calls 10100
*** FLOP *** [ three diamonds]
Hero: bets 21500
Sit or go: calls 21500
*** TURN *** [ three diamonds] []
Hero: bets 31500
Sit or go: calls 31500
*** RIVER *** [ three diamonds ] []

Thanks
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 02:05:52 PM »

check/call looks good, bunchhhhh of draws missed and its hard for him to have  better than us?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 02:09:46 PM »

check/call looks good, bunchhhhh of draws missed and its hard for him to have  better than us?

Any different on other streets? I'm thinking exactly the same, what about the side of caution in an event where I have been raising and taking it alot, will be chippin up alot without showdown. Any views on checking the turn? I was thinking of check jamming the turn?
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 02:28:53 PM »

Do you always raise so small out of the SB?   I think I would raise more pre and bet more on the flop.  I think this makes it more likely we get them in ahead. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 02:31:54 PM »

i like check/jamming the turn. This would be my standard here i think vs randoms

As played,

i think shoving > c/calling river. We can get called by worse Jx Tx that gets stubborn for example (we would shove all our bluffs on this river). I think hes more likely to raise/get it in on flop or turn with draws which makes his missed draw range narrower and his Jx range a bigger part that he will check behind if we check sometimes (will also valueshove sometimes tbf) We valuetown ourselves by shoving sometimes, but I think its slightly better overall than check/calling, and I dont like check/folding.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 02:34:43 PM by TL900 » Logged

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 02:34:32 PM »

Do you always raise so small out of the SB?   I think I would raise more pre and bet more on the flop.  I think this makes it more likely we get them in ahead. 

I normally min or 2.5x depending on villain. Something that deep I tend to min as I will open a reasonable amount and on a table like that I'm expecting to get it through alot.
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2012, 02:35:10 PM »

Do you always raise so small out of the SB?   I think I would raise more pre and bet more on the flop.  I think this makes it more likely we get them in ahead.  

sizings are fine imo, if we were deeper 2.5x bvb is my standard, but when we are <20bigs, i like making it a bit smaller both as steals to make them cheaper and with value, sometimes he will spaz jam thinking were FOS and sometimes he'll peel and stack/pot ratio will be ok to bet-ch/jam or b/b/s
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 02:38:08 PM by TL900 » Logged

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2012, 02:38:27 PM »

i like check/jamming the turn. This would be my standard here i think vs randoms

As played,

i think shoving > c/calling river. We can get called by worse Jx Tx that gets stubborn for example (we would shove all our bluffs on this river). I think hes more likely to raise/get it in on flop or turn with draws which makes his missed draw range narrower and his Jx range a bigger part that he will check behind if we check sometimes (will also valueshove sometimes tbf) We valuetown ourselves by shoving sometimes, but I think its slightly better overall than check/calling, and I dont like check/folding.

Yeah check jam is what i would do a high-ish% of the time I have no idea why I didn't because I think that spot is really good for it as I assume it looks like a combo draw and I would expect to be called by Jx alot. There is also a good amount of bad cards on the river which will stop the action or put me in a tough spot, looking back I think the turn seems to small.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2012, 02:39:33 PM »

Do you always raise so small out of the SB?   I think I would raise more pre and bet more on the flop.  I think this makes it more likely we get them in ahead.  

sizings are fine imo, if we were deeper 2.5x bvb is my standard, but when we are <20bigs, i like making it a bit smaller both as steals to make them cheaper and with value, sometimes he will spaz jam thinking were FOS and sometimes he'll peel and stack/pot ratio will be ok to bet-ch/jam or b/b/s

+1
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2012, 03:07:45 PM »

All the bets look too small to me.  You raise to 20k, then bet 35k on the flop then he gets it in with his jack regardless and still comes along with his draws. 

I am fairly sure I regularly bet more I these OOP spots.  I suppose it avoids trickier spots, but playing bigger pots OOP can't be best practice, so I am not sure if I can claim this is solid poker.  I can also confirm 3x the small blind pre does not get the BB to fold J6 off @#WSOP.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2012, 03:16:26 PM »

All the bets look too small to me.  You raise to 20k, then bet 35k on the flop then he gets it in with his jack regardless and still comes along with his draws. 

I am fairly sure I regularly bet more I these OOP spots.  I suppose it avoids trickier spots, but playing bigger pots OOP can't be best practice, so I am not sure if I can claim this is solid poker.  I can also confirm 3x the small blind pre does not get the BB to fold J6 off @#WSOP.

Not sure about anyone else, but when I see someone open 3x around the 10-30bb I just think they are never folding. I was half expecting him to jam really wide here which is why I didn't want to 2x it as he can think 'I have more to steal' but didn't want it to look that big that I am always calling
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2012, 03:31:19 PM »

Not sure about anyone else, but when I see someone open 3x around the 10-30bb I just think they are never folding. I was half expecting him to jam really wide here which is why I didn't want to 2x it as he can think 'I have more to steal' but didn't want it to look that big that I am always calling

I am not going to 3x 10 bbs.  It is too early in Vegas do wasn't reading the stack sizes properly when I put the first post.  Still think you should be betting more on flop/turn.

I always assumed that 3x ers tend to fold way more than they should.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2012, 03:41:10 PM »

I like betting smaller on the flop, can look weaker, and makes the bluffs/draws/seeing further streets cheaper. Agreed prob could have bet more on the turn although he is much less likely to take off with a big bet no?

I am not going to 3x 10 bbs.  It is too early in Vegas do wasn't reading the stack sizes properly when I put the first post.  Still think you should be betting more on flop/turn.

I always assumed that 3x ers tend to fold way more than they should.
Pugwashed

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2012, 09:37:41 AM »

Jam now and I don't think its that close. This short he gets in draws on earlier streets pretty often so I think you have more missed draws by the time you get to the river which takes away some of his potential bluffs and increases your perceived bluffing range and by checking you lose value from the times he just checks back Jx or Tx that might call a shove

As for the turn I prefer just betting to check/jam. He checks back some stuff, you're more likely to stack him the times he has a J by just bet/bet/jam rather than bet flop, check/shove turn as he definitely checks back Jx sometimes. Randoms also check back draws sometimes as well.
the rage

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2012, 11:27:34 AM »

Would you consider folding if a King, Ace or Diamond show on the turn.
I think you got too fancy.
You should bet more on the flop and check jam, or just jam the turn.
As it is, you made your opponents decisions quite easy for him and allowed him to get ahead on the river.
Who loves ya baby.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: