blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:33:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Marc Wright aka dean23price/railtard1 still scamming July 2012
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 51 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Marc Wright aka dean23price/railtard1 still scamming July 2012  (Read 168664 times)
lewis_

View Profile
« on: July 10, 2012, 09:54:58 PM »

Marc Wright aka dean23price scammed me for 4850€  (6077$/£3898 - xe.com 05/07/2012).

In March/April 2012 I won a seat into EPT Berlin Main Event which I had planned to goto alone.

On 13th April 2012 I got a message from Marc Wright asking if I would be willing to room share. I agreed to this free of charge with the condition that he gets a couple of room service meals/dinners in and we'd both be happy. I'd never met him previously but am a generous guy and thought I would try help out a fellow poker professional.

Marc arrived the night before the tournament and we decided to grind some mtts online. After the session we talked about swapping for EPT Berlin.

He wanted to do a deal where we would give the other person their buyin back if they reached the final table. I didn't really want to do this as I would prefer a FT sweat if either of us got there.

I asked if we could swap 5% instead which he agreed upon.

I busted in the last couple levels of the day. Marc went on to final table the event.

My brother came over to visit so on the day of the final table I railed the first 30 minutes then went to do some sight seeing. As I was on my way back to the rail I read on pokernews that he'd busted. I sent him a few messages saying unlucky etc and asking if he wanted to meet up. No response.

Instantly I'm feeling bad vibes but I hoped he was all good and he just wanted to get home as fast as possible - understandable.

I get home and message Marc, he says we did not swap a full 5%:

He offers to send me the money tomorrow (how much I don't know?) on the 29th April:

Marc then goes on to say he can't send the money in one lump sum and that he has to send in installments, offering only 3000€ instead of the full 4850€ owe:

Marc suggests getting a neutral to 'referee' the situation, surely its black and white?

Marc offers me 2000$ as payment for our swap:

19th June, I ask Marc to pay me, he agrees.

22nd and 25th June, I try to contact Marc again to ask for payment, agrees once more.

There are more instances of Marc offering to make payment, but I thought these were enough screenshots.

As of 10th July 2012 I am still waiting for any funds to be paid to myself, despite Marc making multiple offers to pay less than the full 5%.

It's a shame because the guy is a top bloke, I stupidly trusted him thinking he'd put these scams behind him, but this obviously is not the case.

Please don't deal with this guy.

Cliffs

- I swapped 5% with Marc Wright aka dean23price in the EPT Berlin Main Event.
 - Marc goes on to final table which is good for 97,000€
 - Marc leaves after busting back for the UK without speaking or messaging me.
 - Marc claims he does not have 100% of himself and is therefore unwilling to pay me the full 5% which we agreed to swap.
 - I am offered 3000€ instead of the full 4850€ he is owe me.
 - Marc repeatedly says he will transfer the money to me and fails to do so.
 - Marc offers to make smaller payment (2000$ = 32.9% of what we agreed to swap) multiple times and as yet has still failed to do so.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 10:01:01 PM »

so so sigh.

Only mistake you made is seemingly agreeing to take less than the 5% he clearly owes.

I knew something wasn't right with Marc lately.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 10:02:59 PM »

I have a lot of time for Marc and I am very good friends with Lewis (op) I helped them get in touch and basically get Marc a free room, so aplogies to Lewis for putting him through this.

I have spoke to Marc a lot over the last 6 months or so and have had a lot of time for him and he has done very well with the blonde staking things.

I would say that it is very similar to the last case where it was a "il pay you later mate" kind of thing. Its such a shame it couldnt be resolved off the forum, but looking at the dates of the screenies it definitely has gone too long and think that Lewis is justified to post.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 10:19:06 PM »

Would defo have waited until after he busts main event before posting. He sold on here after winning a sat so obv has the rest himself, was a massive out for you!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 10:20:46 PM by Dubai » Logged
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 10:22:15 PM »

Would defo have waited until after he busts main event before posting. He sold on here after winning a sat so obv has the rest himself, was a massive out for you!

My first thought!

Weird timing of this. I find much of it weird but have no intention of commenting on something I know nothing about.

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 10:25:46 PM »

I find much of it weird but have no intention of commenting on something I know nothing about.

Guy, this is the internet. I think you're in the wrong place.
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 10:31:20 PM »

I find much of it weird but have no intention of commenting on something I know nothing about.

Guy, this is the internet. I think you're in the wrong place.

Andrew u come out with some classics.... Props

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2012, 10:34:00 PM »

why does it matter?

@GreekStein on twitter.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2012, 10:35:07 PM »

I don't think the timings wierd at all, I've spoken to Lewis a lot the last couple of months and whilst I don't know him well, he's sound. He's waited more than long enough to be paid, pretty sure if it was me I'd have waited much less time for anyone, nevermind someone with Marc's rep. Ofc though there is two sides to every story and look forward to Marc's reply.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2012, 10:36:04 PM »

Depends on Lewis's motives for posting.

if he wants to get the money he's owed he should have waited for sure.

If he wanted to warn people about railtard, he did the right thing posting.

I think 11 weeks is plenty of time to give someone to pay money they owe.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2012, 10:36:46 PM »

why does it matter?

You go further down the queue if there is one. Unfortunately that's how it works
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2012, 10:38:06 PM »

Wait 11 weeks 2 days and give yourself a chance of drawing surely! I mean can always post after anyway saying lucky escape etc if you wanna go the noble route of warning people
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2012, 10:39:21 PM »

why does it matter?

You go further down the queue if there is one. Unfortunately that's how it works

Woulda thought it was the opposite because you would want to keep public rumblings about you quiet.

@GreekStein on twitter.

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2012, 10:40:59 PM »

Wait 11 weeks 2 days and give yourself a chance of drawing surely! I mean can always post after anyway saying lucky escape etc if you wanna go the noble route of warning people

I guess so, but if I was Lewis, all the bullshit ego posts from Marc would piss me off royally.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2012, 10:41:11 PM »

Nah because he already posted now, damage is done. Better off keeping everyone else happy, future nipping/backing etc

Was to Cos*
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 51 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: