blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 06:00:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272772 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  DTD New €100,000 Chipleader
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD New €100,000 Chipleader  (Read 18657 times)
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2012, 08:46:36 PM »

is this the first time this event has been done at/on DTD poker?

just want to know the rough figures from the last one if there was a last one

need to give myself a fighting chance if i have just a 20k stack you see

any advice appreciated, not easy pokering on a budget!!!

Mick

Think the average stack was about 85k last time but there was no cap on stacks so could be less.

Theres an update on live part of Chipleader 1 in live updates board I think

edited after checking cl update from last final
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 09:05:38 PM by redsimon » Logged

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Killer River

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2012, 09:00:50 PM »

Hi mick this will be the second chipleader tourney, the last one had around 200 runners and i think the average stack was around 60k to 80k
The blinds started at 100-200 so it still gives you plenty of play with a small to average stack.
I started the last tourney with 40k so i had 200 big blinds and this felt comfortable to play, the atmosphere at the club was very good when i played the last tourney, everyone seemed to enjoy it. I can see this getting more popular as time goes on as its so different to any other tourney concept .I hope you enjoy it GL.

but the fact you chose "disney songs on youtube" over HEM and then lost 12 bis when you know you should lose 4 maximum just shows a massive sign of disrespect
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2012, 11:55:50 AM »

The CHIPLEADER prize pool has hit 10% of the guarantee in just 3 days with  €10,000 in the pool

Estimated prize pool is now €175,000 with €100,000 guaranteed

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Nicola Dusk Till Dawn

£250,000 GTD £60 GRAND PRIX 22ND - 29TH SEPT 2013

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2012, 12:56:13 PM »

Hi Guys

Here are a few facts from the last CHIPLEADER Smiley

The Average Stack: 81,779
Median Stack: 54,500

Total Chips in Play: 18,318,500

Starting Big Blind: 200

Generated Main Event Prize Pool: €84,317.50 (€100,000 GTD)

8 players had 250K + (We have capped this event at 300,000 chips)

224 qualified (we have capped this event at 333)

The Chip Leader had 659,500 and finished 18th!

The winner of the CHIPLEADER Live Final started on just 33,000!!!!!! (WOW)

The last Golden Chip standing finished in 3rd place and won a £6,000 package on top of his winnings Smiley

All the stats for this CHIPLEADER are on the Leaderboard and are updated with the results by 12 noon the next working day - http://www.dusktilldawnpoker.com/chipleader.php

Cheers Nicola

BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2012, 05:55:08 PM »

how often is the leaderboard being updated on the site? Is it updated daily or hourly or?

Likeing the chipleader this time and already qualified!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2012, 05:59:22 PM »

how often is the leaderboard being updated on the site? Is it updated daily or hourly or?

Well done

Nicola updates the leaderboard for midday every day.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2012, 05:59:49 PM »

Well done

Nicola updates the leaderboard for midday every day.

every lucky fish has his day Wink

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

smurf

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2012, 08:17:12 PM »

good to see its being well supported i have a feeling it will slow right down though once the 10 free seats have gone...it seems a lot are chasing them.

qualified and looking forward to it.
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2012, 09:41:29 PM »

frustrating night on the chip leader trail i was pushing for a £500 seat and was going to have a night on the grind today... after it taking 3 hours for me to get logged in i managed to get logged in and then the site kept chucking me out and then when i loaded it back up it wouldnt load my tables must have cost me at least 20 euros but cost me a lot more in my oppurtunity to qualify for the deepstack seat must have ended up playing about 5 sit and gos in full instead of my goal which was around about the 30-40 figure.

disappointing for me again i keep giving dtd online another chance and i always end up frustrated the support staff have been great was dealing with "andrew martin" all night. dont know were the issue lies i have never had an issue with any other software it always seems to be dtd. Sad ahh well mabye will try tomorrow night if not im probably going to hit the delete button Sad wish i had just gone to the club rather then wasteing a whole night at home!

"ace high"

smurf

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2012, 10:10:28 PM »

frustrating night on the chip leader trail i was pushing for a £500 seat and was going to have a night on the grind today... after it taking 3 hours for me to get logged in i managed to get logged in and then the site kept chucking me out and then when i loaded it back up it wouldnt load my tables must have cost me at least 20 euros but cost me a lot more in my oppurtunity to qualify for the deepstack seat must have ended up playing about 5 sit and gos in full instead of my goal which was around about the 30-40 figure.

disappointing for me again i keep giving dtd online another chance and i always end up frustrated the support staff have been great was dealing with "andrew martin" all night. dont know were the issue lies i have never had an issue with any other software it always seems to be dtd. Sad ahh well mabye will try tomorrow night if not im probably going to hit the delete button Sad wish i had just gone to the club rather then wasteing a whole night at home!

had similiar problems a while back and found it was to do with anti virus updates...i uninstalled dtd, ran a virus check, switched off and on and reloaded...worked for me so might be worth a try.
Barnfather

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2012, 01:26:38 AM »

I don't really get the logic with this tourney, considering there is no payout for first in the STTs

Sure, I can see how getting to the live final with a smallish stack and chipping up would be fine, but whats with the race to qualify for the £500 deepstack? By my crude calculations, without a payout for the STT winners, and taking into account a 30-40% win ratio in the 5 handed STTs (which is probably generous), you would likely have to invest €450 to win the deepstack seat which hardly seems worth it.

Surely this would be better if the winner of each sat won their buy-in back at least, with the remainder going into the prize pool....otherwise it seems very -EV

Although I may be missing something really obvious

corkeye

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2012, 07:16:26 AM »

I don't really get the logic with this tourney, considering there is no payout for first in the STTs

Sure, I can see how getting to the live final with a smallish stack and chipping up would be fine, but whats with the race to qualify for the £500 deepstack? By my crude calculations, without a payout for the STT winners, and taking into account a 30-40% win ratio in the 5 handed STTs (which is probably generous), you would likely have to invest €450 to win the deepstack seat which hardly seems worth it.

Surely this would be better if the winner of each sat won their buy-in back at least, with the remainder going into the prize pool....otherwise it seems very -EV

Yes you also get a seat/big stack for the 100k guarranteed chipleader?
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2012, 09:26:28 AM »

Yes you also get a seat/big stack for the 100k guarranteed chipleader?
^^ this but it will be more likely 150-200k euros at the end

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2012, 10:38:04 AM »

You're missing something very obvious.

Every 1000 chips has a value of €5

If you got your buy in back you'd have to sacrifice 1000 chips otherwise DTD are giving money away.

The idea is that everyone contributes €5 to the prize pool which pays for 1000 chips. The winner of the sng gets to keep all the chips for the live final.

Of course it's -EV. It's poker.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
YEAHMAN123

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2012, 11:43:11 AM »

I think there has been some nice added features to this chip leader, but I feel couple of ideas just made it bad, 1st capping chip stacks to 300k so it's not really chip leader more chip leaders with no doubt half the field on the same amount, also clearly anyone with a job who aint the luckiest guy on earth is guna get the deep stack ticket early doors. I'm keen on investing on this tourney but doin 150-200 plus a day!! Lol. Maybe just me but I'm guna get to 50k and spend no more than 150quid else its not worth it. Guna be interesting to see wat the pots like in two weeks

When you get to where you wana go
and you know the things you wana know
your smiling Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: