blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:49:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Jgcblack Genting Stoke (SOLD OUT)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jgcblack Genting Stoke (SOLD OUT)  (Read 15212 times)
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2012, 01:30:26 PM »

This is not on - including expenses in the markup, they're for you to pay, not the backers.

I totally disagree with this- I think expenses are exactly what markup is for. If you are incurring costs going to play an event for someone, it's totally fair to put a markup in to cover your costs for going to the event. If you've got £100 worth of expenses for a £1000 tourney, it's totally fair to sell 40% at 1.1 and get your backer to pay for their share of the costs.

Markup above and beyond this- that's the bit I'm not so sure what it's for. "A salary" for playing the event?

NOW i am confused....

What do blondes think??

I am with Alex on this.  If you want to play somewhere glamorous like Vegas, Monte Carlo or Stoke then you should pay.  If your backer wants you to play somewhere like this then you would have an argument.  

My thinking is there is poker on the Internet, virtually expense free, so why not just play that.  Road trips are luxuries and aren't really profit making ventures once expenses are included.  You can obviously get round this by playing soft sats such as the gukpt ones.

As it is you can just use the extra 0.2 towards expenses anyway.  Probably the best and least controversial way of saying the same thing for future reference (I mean just sell at 1.2 rather than explaining that part is for expenses if I wasn't clear)

If you don't think people should charge for their expenses then surely you should think this is really bad ?

It's basically just doing it sneakily instead of being honest.

Did I ever say I thought 1.2 was good?

He thinks he is worth 1.2, people have bought.  The end result is he has something for expenses.  I struggle with the moral difference between people charging extra for perceived skills, lap dances or expenses.  If it isn't value I don't buy.

GL jb. 

I never made any reference to your's, or my own opinion on whether he's value at 1.2 or not ?
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2012, 06:37:16 PM »

I don't how people can trust ur play dude moving alin for nearly 15bb
with 42o & get there . Nice hand sir. Btw don't complain on how other people
play, just worry about urs . Try that move in Stoke GPS and u will b ok . Gl to ur
stakers btw ....... 🐠🐠🐠🐠🐠
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2012, 06:52:03 PM »

Expenses justifies reasons for selling not for an increase in markup.

The difference in market value from blonde an 2p2 is absolutely hue at the moment which is obv bad for us.

Maybe we are just punters or perhaps they are nits, but the WSOP prices really were eye opening.

Maybe they're just a little more savvy/less matey???

I mean, and don't take this as too much of a flame (after all its irrelevant as you sold out!), but I don't understand how a player can have a low OPR rating/negative ROI - and yet think that they have 'an edge' on a field - and such an edge that they can ask for 1.2?Huh?

I don't read your diary (or anyones for that matter) and I see that you play cash - is there something in that thats giving confidence to people buying at 1.2???

If this went up on 2p2 what kinda rate do u think he would get Pleno? As in, what kind of margins are we looking at in general?

Yeh market is just so different here I guess.

Some leit sickos selling at 1.05 in barca and not selling out etc.

Bakincookies sold at 1.1 I think for all side event packages.

Almost nobody sold over 1.5 for me and there were some seriously successful experienced players who had played the main before etc

Guess stakees don't care and looks like stakers don't either.

Eventually in the long grand scheme of things it should make a difference. Also to consider is not just is the player good value but does this represent value for the deal.

For example of sonebody has 40% expected roi it doesn't mean a 1.4 markup is 'good'. I'm not saying John doesn't have an insane hedge btw I meant more generally.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2012, 06:53:25 PM »

play, just worry about urs
. Try that move in Stoke GPS and u will b ok . Gl to ur

That may be the wisest thing you've ever written here Franky.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2012, 07:10:42 PM »

play, just worry about urs . Try that move in Stoke GPS and u will b ok . Gl to ur

This today in GP I take it?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2012, 07:13:25 PM »

Ty sir. If I am a stakers or someone that buy a piece of a player,
I wouldn't wanted him to move in with 15bb with 4 high. That's my
opinion. I don't care what comp u t playing but definitely not  4 high!
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2012, 07:25:06 PM »

Ty sir. If I am a stakers or someone that buy a piece of a player,
I wouldn't wanted him to move in with 15bb with 4 high. That's my
opinion. I don't care what comp u t playing but definitely not  4 high!

I don't mind the 4 2 shove if we're in a desperate position in the GP and need to double or bust and reenter. It was the bit in bold that I thought wise Smiley if john paid heed to that he might not have needed to shove the 4 2...

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2012, 07:32:26 PM »

Sure JGC has a sick reason for making a sick optimal insance hedged line with 15 big blinds and a 4 and a 2. I'm sure you won't understand Frankie and obviously it probably won't be something he would usually do unless conditions called for it (or maybe he was blind)

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2012, 07:37:38 PM »

Sure JGC has a sick reason for making a sick optimal insance hedged line with 15 big blinds and a 4 and a 2. I'm sure you won't understand Frankie and obviously it probably won't be something he would usually do unless conditions called for it (or maybe he was blind)

Lol ... Bedi .. I don't care but not 4 high .. He's not my cup of tea anyway.
Gl to all his stakers ... I find better spot for sure. Ending here. Got to work
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2012, 09:53:01 PM »

George was just being funny mate, it's a normal kind of response from John to thee kinda fps hands. Look forward to tr either way though.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2012, 10:22:21 PM »

Yeh I'm just messin.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2012, 03:28:33 AM »

TR is relatively bland tbh...

- Played solid @ start..

- Then tried to bluff someone with JT on QQxA when a reg-fish check minr turn and I didn't think he would ACTUALLY do this with a Q so I shoved and he sigh called with KQ... lol so our gutshot is dead then. woops.

- Then made a 14bb reship over Jack Allen's (competent player) button open.. he 'should' be opening close to 80/90% here in my opinion as my hands are tied and the BB was super tight.
I expect him to open 80% and call 20% or something similar so the 3.5bb's in there should be coming my way A LOT and 42o has plenty of get there vs his KQ/ AQ type hands when we get called.
He snapped with A6o and we saw a  two spades flop... nothing changed and we double.

- We then 3bt shove over his next open and another couple of times till we're back to almost average

- We then value bet really nice in the following hand.
10's UTG we open, flatted UTG+2 and by Whale in CO...
Check  flop
Lead 600 into 1.4k on  turn, called by UTG +2 only..
Bet 2k into 2.6k on  and we win when called. (like!)

- Then we get some momentum and make a straight vs 99's with  and we check back flop and turn and river straight.. paid off for 4k total.

- Up to 23.4k at break (nice!)

- Carry on trucking and then get in AK vs KK aipf against the Regfish... Maybe this is close/ marginal but I open AK EP and he 3bt's from SB, I 4bt/call.  Door card A.
Massive double up to 45k.

- Play nice and solid for a bit, contemplate the AK vs KK hand.. and sigh it off.

- Get KK otb after being pretty aggy otb all night... get 22's to 3bt/5bt with a little speachplay.. - do a hold and have 65k.

- Carry on trucking... and chip up a bit..

- Eventually get Jack Allen shoving 14bb's or so SB vs my BB and i snap with ..
He has 
and we do a win. Ul sir, didn't deserve that.

- Get moved tables and chip up a little with some non-showdown pots.

- Card dead for a long time but don't do much about it as I have a competent player to my left, he's short stacked atm tho.  When he busts he's replaced by another good player this time with chips.. (fml)

- Lose a flip AJ vs 77 for about 10k, down to 90k, average is 40k

- Lose another small flip with 66 vs A9 for 20k, down to 80k @ 6/1200/200 average is 45k.

- Fold  7 handed to UTG open from older nit fella when he 3.5x's and were in BB.... sucks but i don't like my options.  (felt good to be sensible and not spew in spots like this)

- Get pounded on the two times i open.. one of them i cbet flop and turn.. but fold to turn raise..

- Then find  UTG with 21BB and literally have NO IDEA what to do... so I just fold.

- Next hand AQ...

That was my tournament....

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2012, 02:35:02 PM »

In your diary I just asked what you did to upset my mate. Guess it was one of his horses you got with 4 2. Sad

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2012, 03:17:17 PM »

Tom Langley had got too many swipe on so has reduced to 5%. However the extra 5 was offered to muckthenuts and he has said yes plz.

Op edited to confirm.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2012, 03:21:15 PM »

I am selling @ 1.2 and I appreciate this might seem 'high' for someone with my sample of results however I am confident and look to the trusted and well known blondes on here to confirm that I still represent significant value in this buyin with this field.

this is not an attack at john, but what is  "significant value" does it mean your roi is 25% and we are making 5% on average, does it mean your oi is 50% and we are making big amount of returns etc.

People often use the words value but dont actually give their estimated real value.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: