blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:30:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Ant040689 GUKPT Coventry £1070 Main Event
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ant040689 GUKPT Coventry £1070 Main Event  (Read 5310 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2012, 11:36:46 AM »

Unlucky Anthony, standard stuff really I guess.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2012, 12:01:23 PM »

Dont think the JJ is standard. Don't like the 4 bet pre or the peel of the 5 bet

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2012, 12:22:22 PM »

More info.  Fella on Anthony's right knows original utg+1 raiser.  He has just say down and said "tell me what a bluff is again" to his mate or similar.  Both young, I don't think the 4 bet with JJ was at all bad.

In game I had a pretty strong feeling ant's opponent had ak suited.  Turn was a 2nd diamond before he shoved.  Still folding JJ in play. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2012, 01:03:02 PM »

Dont think the JJ is standard. Don't like the 4 bet pre or the peel of the 5 bet

I was referring to the situation, Geo, not the play of the hand.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2012, 03:11:56 PM »

Blinds 75/150, utg +1 raises 375, dealer +1 re pops to 600, I'm on dealer with JJ and repop to 1700, utg +1 folds, dealer +1 troops to 4000 and I call.

no antes seems way better to just over-call pre-flop, think it's a slam dunk fold to the 5bet personally. unless we're trying to induce more action from the lighter hands in his range (basically we're just going to call it down on most run-outs try keep his "air" in the hand and betting) but realistically speaking its 75/150 in a deep structured live tournament pre-antes I find it ambitious to think he is actually 5betting without a premium hand here (actually not sure I like it with AKs tbh)

Calling to find out he prolly has KK+ at a later point in the hand and fold isn't the best strategy imo in a live comp where risky plays in the early stages really are too risky most of the time.

UL Ant, defo got a nice live score on it's way not too distant future! and wp on the party score, sick sick !

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2012, 03:26:58 PM »

Blinds 75/150, utg +1 raises 375, dealer +1 re pops to 600, I'm on dealer with JJ and repop to 1700, utg +1 folds, dealer +1 troops to 4000 and I call.

no antes seems way better to just over-call pre-flop, think it's a slam dunk fold to the 5bet personally. unless we're trying to induce more action from the lighter hands in his range (basically we're just going to call it down on most run-outs try keep his "air" in the hand and betting) but realistically speaking its 75/150 in a deep structured live tournament pre-antes I find it ambitious to think he is actually 5betting without a premium hand here (actually not sure I like it with AKs tbh)

Calling to find out he prolly has KK+ at a later point in the hand and fold isn't the best strategy imo in a live comp where risky plays in the early stages really are too risky most of the time.

UL Ant, defo got a nice live score on it's way not too distant future! and wp on the party score, sick sick !

The 3 bet by villain would be done so light that it is pretty farcical so my 4 bet was fine. The call of the 5 bet was because he minned it and i just found that really odd from a player i perceived to be competant. If that guy had QQKKAA, he flats my 4 bet without making it blaringly obv he has a premium. The 5 bet to me polarised his hand to AK. Flop came down and he bet out quite small, i thought AK for sure seeing as i think he check raises a very dry board and can even get away with another check to induce on the turn with a premium.

The turn shove really confused me, as he didn't have enough to bet to bluff imo and if i am calling the flop i couldn't see how he thought he could get me off so i recalculated to think he had a premium, but i should have just stuck to my guns. Frustrating really because if i make the call i am making a run at the big monies and James Mithcell wouldn't have been left to have free reign domination rights of the table. He was pretty much taking the piss.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2012, 06:07:34 AM »

I think a lot of the logic is kinda counter intuitive, but I don't wanna de-rail the thread with stupid PHA Tongue

Rooting for you in the next one thumbs up

TL900

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2012, 01:25:47 PM »

I was the OR in this hand, defo flat the click back. Cold 4 betting just makes the pot way too big, even with position its pretty hard to play JJ. Also you let me come along with my  Two Clubs :p. flop call is standard as played i guess just to peel one. Villian in this hand is pretty tight from my experience. Turn is a snap fold for me. Even though he showed up with AK this time i expect him to have KK+ like 95%+. I said after the hand i fold KK there which is what i thought you had.

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2012, 02:49:24 PM »

I think a lot of the logic is kinda counter intuitive, but I don't wanna de-rail the thread with stupid PHA Tongue

Rooting for you in the next one thumbs up

My logic needs a massive work over.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: