blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:41:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272592 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Charity Staking GUKPT - Weldmar Hosipice Trust @ £21 a share - Sold Out
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Charity Staking GUKPT - Weldmar Hosipice Trust @ £21 a share - Sold Out  (Read 9911 times)
claypole

View Profile
« on: August 27, 2012, 11:24:14 PM »

I have ran the following post past Tightend and Tikay as I am more than aware of some questionable historic ventures of this nature, so it has all been approved and I hope the way I have laid out this proposal meets with approval from you all.

As many of you know, I lost my dad earlier this year to cancer.  One of the last things I said to him that I would play a tournament and somehow work out a way to raise some money for Weldmar Hospice Trust, who made his last few weeks  really comfortable and continue to do an amazing job for many effected by cancer.  I appreciate hospices are a really “local” thing; this one is in Dorchester, Dorset.   I think I have come up with a plan that enables me to play, give them a guaranteed donation, the chance of a “spin up” and get a few others involved who may make an additional contribution.

So, here is the plan….

I plan to play the GUKPT London during September. The buy in is £1050.

I would like to sell preferably 30 x 1% individual shares @£21 a share – this is about a small shot and helping a good cause rather than traditional staking thread – although I think first will be £50k-£70k so could be a nice bink.  As those that are good mathematicians, that is a mark-up of 2.0.  Before the staking police tell me I am not that good - I know, I know - here's what we do....

The £21 per share will be paid directly to my Just Giving Page that is  

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/ShaunConning

After being booked on this thread.  That means effectively you are paying the mark up directly to the charity and I am matching that donation, so if we sell out a nice “guaranteed” donation to Weldmar Hospice Trust of £630.  In addition this will all be visible and it also gives the more generous amongst you the opportunity to pay more than £21 should you wish too.  It's a donation as well technically, so please gift aid it for the tax payers amongst you lmfao

In addition, for every 1% I sell, I will match that as a “stake” for the charity.  So, if we sell all 30 1% shares, Weldmar Hospice Trust will also get a 30% share of any returns.  I will be playing for 40% and the stakers have a 30% share.  Again, I will lodge any returns on the Just Giving Page so we have complete transparency.

Effectively, I am giving an amount to Weldmar Hospice Trust – and you guys are providing the spin up share.  It makes it a bit more interesting than me just making another donation, has another potential upside if some (Shallow your top of my list) pay a little more for a £21 share directly to the JustGiving page - and I really want to do this.

If any of you want a serious element – although it’s not about that; here’s my Hendon Mob  http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=164488.

My OPR stats are claypole (stars), claypoleuk (party, tilt) – it will tell you I was a winning player and have had a horrendous 2012 and am now a losing player…although Pleno tells me 1000 BI downswings are the norm now so at my ABI I’m not panicking.

Thanks for reading – any questions fire away, but book here and confirm blonde name on the Just Giving site when you have paid.

Thanks

Shaun

1% shareholders

Dubai
Redarmi PAID
Trigg PAID
CraigBetts PAID
Amatayfish PAID
George PAID
Dreenie PAID
Titty PAID
Fort whistle PAID
CambridgeAlex PAID
Monda PAID
Sheriff PAID
Doobs PAID
Celtic PAID
Easy pickings PAID
TheCamel PAID
DMorgan PAID
Skolsuper PAID
Marku147 PAID
Scotty77 PAID
Tikay PAID
MC PAID
Sharplea PAID
EdGascoigne PAID
Dewicool PAID
Eso PAID
Lucky PAID
Sunny PAID
Fun4Fraser PAID
Pizzled PAID
Millionk PAID
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 11:30:42 PM by claypole » Logged
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 11:29:36 PM »

Great idea. Im in. Gl mate
claypole

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 11:35:10 PM »

Great idea. Im in. Gl mate

Cheers mate - Sort of knew you'd reply first - Ty. If we bink we'll spent my 50% in Mahiki....after safely depositing there 25% with someone more responsible
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 11:36:20 PM »

I will take a share mate and if you cop then send that their way too.

claypole

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 11:38:26 PM »

I will take a share mate and if you cop then send that their way too.

Cheers Stu, number two I knew as well. Look, nice gesture, what I'll do is come back with any returns and let me know at that point and I'll add to the final donation I add to the page. Thanks again
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 11:56:38 PM »

yeah ill take one m8

sent you £21 to your bank
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 11:58:50 PM by action man » Logged
craigbetts

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 11:57:58 PM »

In

"We're not here to take part, we're here to take over"
claypole

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 11:58:12 PM »

yeah ill take one m8

Cheers mate - a pony to you lol
claypole

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2012, 11:59:13 PM »

In

Tyty craig
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2012, 12:09:41 AM »

In

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2012, 12:12:09 AM »

Can u buy more than 1%?
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2012, 12:14:15 AM »

In

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2012, 12:17:23 AM »

In plz
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2012, 12:17:47 AM »

In Please,

Fantastic.

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2012, 12:17:51 AM »

In
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: