blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:09:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272595 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Smashedagain virgin stake .....I've gone and blown next weeks shopping money :(
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Smashedagain virgin stake .....I've gone and blown next weeks shopping money :(  (Read 21458 times)
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2012, 03:51:26 AM »

All sold out but please read the thread as it may educate you in the world of staking.

will update here so will be fun if nothing else
This is my virgin stacking request and apologies to tighty if I have bent/broke any rules but I did not have time to go through them all.

As a lot of you know I have been "under it" or "between rolls" for sometime and have swallowed a bit of pride and decided to come here cap in hand. I talk to a lot of you and plenty seem interested in having a sweat with me. "Just do it as it will sell in hours and I will have some" sort of thing. Well my friends that time has come and despite playing for almost 175 gtd seats in the last couple of weeks we have failed to win one and tonight was our last bullet at the club. I am a bit shell shocked because I have become used to winning seats for fun and this event has become a must play event for me in my mind. I have failed to qualify for a monte Carlo and a couple of £500's and although at the time you think ce la vie it is quite frustrating to sit reading the updates thinking I should be playing. In hind sight I maybe should have just bought in instead of playing all the sats but they have been fun. My outlay has been just over £450 which is also quite shocking Smiley

I am looking to draw on the goodwill in the forum and want to go down the 70/30 route. I appreciate that this does represent quite a mark up but I have left it too late for my prefered route of an auction (where you decide the price) and I have spoken to a few friends on here who hate the auctions.

So using my basic maths I need to sell 70% at a price of £8 for 1%  £16 for 2% £40 for 5%.
 Here is my Hendon mob

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=134376

Flags are good but trophies and comedy cheques are also good too

Click to see full-size image.

If you want a proper laugh you may want to OPR or sharkscope me.

I am smashedag on Dtd . smashedagain I think on stars (not played in 18 months)
And either  jasonherbert or smashedagain  on paddypower and blackbelt (once again not played for ages)

I was a supernova on stars for a year by virtue of winning a wsop package and seem to remember seeing a shark and a star on that sharkscope thing.

I am not gonna try to kid you that this represents excellent value and I ain't gonna tell you the field is soft etc.
Please be under no illusions that this is a punt to help me out and play this thing and I will give it a god effort for you.

Right now with regard to payment I don't do online banking (they sent me one of those things you stick your card in but would not know how to use it) so my CambridgeAlex has stepped into help me out. We are going to use his bank account and possibly his stars account and he will pay the buy in at Dtd. I have actually lost my cash card too. Well it's in the house somewhere with my Dtd card and driving license.
If you think this method of payment is awkward then you should have seen my original plan. I was gonna ask you to go online to Tesco.com and buy a bag of shopping and have it delivered to my house Smiley

Thanks for sticking with me but it's taken an hour and half to type this on the iPhone and now it's almost 4am.

Obv not expecting people to be up at this hour but will check as soon as I get up and we can gauge interest through the morning. Probably gonna go to Dtd anyway coz I promised Rick a lift and his bird wants their car.

Right flame away, I'm looking forward to this bit

Ok so far we have

Lee            7%.      £56
Dreenie.    40%.     £320 much appreciated but could you free 10 % for tony please
Paul.            3%.     £24
David          5%.      £40
Doobs.       5%.        £40
Glen.           7%        £56.   Makes maths easy
Milly             3%        £ 24.  Makes maths easy
Tony        10%.      Sorry the thread ran away with me tony but we can ask dreenie to free up 10% as I am sure she won't mind

« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 11:19:29 AM by smashedagain » Logged

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 06:18:43 AM »

7 % please mate ...cash at club today ?

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 06:24:06 AM »

40% pls, sent £320 to '20alex430' If Alex does not want it on Stars, I can bank transfer to him, but not sure what time I'm gonna wake up so might be after u start playing. If he does want it done that way then please pm his bank details and I'll bt as soon as I wake up, glglgl ship it all plz!!
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 06:31:28 AM »

Dear Jason Wigglesworthy

I think you have the maths wrong - 1 % shirley equals £5.60

If it does then put me down for 10% (£56.00) even though the mark up is ridic :-)

I'd like to pay Alex by Bank Transfer but am gonna be out all morning and then travelling up so will only be able to do this some time after the comp starts. If you get better offers and need the cash in before the off then by all means take them. If Alex is happy with a sweat for the monies then I'm glad to be on the team

Good luck

sola virtus nobilitat
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 08:25:04 AM »

Jason,

I echo Nirvana's post almost word for word. It's probably me being thick, but the price seems to be wrong.

You cause me more headaches than almost anyone on blonde, you really do, but I know you don't mean it, & for the craic, & so that poor Tighty can get his own back, & rip it out of you on the Update, I'd like to support this staking request, but I am not prepared to pay what seems to amount to (a share of) £800 for a £560 entry. I would only pay that for "family".

At 1:1 (£56 for 10%, & I get 10% of any cash), count me in, & if agreed, I can Bank TX the cash to Alex this morning.

Whether I am in or not, I hope you get the stake, play it, & win the lot, so you can remind us endlessly, Marakesh stylee, for the next 3 years.

Let me know please.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 08:37:09 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 08:31:24 AM »

Dear Jason Wigglesworthy

I think you have the maths wrong - 1 % shirley equals £5.60

If it does then put me down for 10% (£56.00) even though the mark up is ridic :-)

I'd like to pay Alex by Bank Transfer but am gonna be out all morning and then travelling up so will only be able to do this some time after the comp starts. If you get better offers and need the cash in before the off then by all means take them. If Alex is happy with a sweat for the monies then I'm glad to be on the team

Good luck
Ty early risers. That was a nice power nap.
Glen I am ashamed to say the reason the price is £8/ 1%  in the 70/30 deal is that you  can sell the 70% and generate the £560 from the sale of  said 70%.

This is why these stakes are so contraversial. In a round about way you are paying a mark up of 1.4 I believe (think that's about right).

The markup in no way reflects my ability to out play and out think the rest of the field but is more of a reflection of my current financial state.

Thank you Lee for being the first one to break the ice. I think that helps because I could see the thread got a few views before anyone replied. So grateful for that.

Thank you Dreenie you are a star. So pleased I caught you on an up day of your roller coaster of life. I love following you on Facebook and always bring a smile to my face.

These are both booked and I will reserve Glen until confirmation.

Right now to funk the Poshboy actually getting on the right plane. Ty

Hey Tony, I am as clueless as anyone on here and never really understood the 70/30 deal so hope I explained it right above. It effectively says to someone (a few blonde members in this case) can you put me in for £560 and you get 70% and I get 30%.
It's exactly the same as selling at a markup of 1.4.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 10:36:55 AM by smashedagain » Logged

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2012, 08:42:20 AM »

40% pls, sent £320 to '20alex430' If Alex does not want it on Stars, I can bank transfer to him, but not sure what time I'm gonna wake up so might be after u start playing. If he does want it done that way then please pm his bank details and I'll bt as soon as I wake up, glglgl ship it all plz!!
I am sure Alex will be fine taking the transaction anyway he can Dreenie. He may not actually get up early as I only spoke to him 24 hours ago. I will send him messages for when he rises.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 08:43:55 AM by smashedagain » Logged

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2012, 08:46:31 AM »

Obv this is thrown together at the last minute and don't worry about being late because late reg is available.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2012, 08:48:08 AM »

OK, understood. For me, it is not intended as a "serious" stake, it's a "social" stake, & I don't mind paying a bit over the odds, as you are clearly not worth north of 1.4, you & I both understand that.

Tell you what - if you are struggling to sell it, I will take 10%, but if you sell out in time, I'll not bother.

I WOULD love you to play it, & I'm sure you'll sell out. If you don't, then stick me down for 10%. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2012, 09:01:45 AM »

The price doesn't change.

10% = 56 I you cash the player then gets 70%.

Ie Tikay buys 10%.. He pays 56£, you cash for 1009 his share is now 7% and you inherit his 3% for nothing.

The way you have it at the moment is that you are selling 100% at 1.4 then paying 70% of the winnings out so a mark up of 1.7-8 ish.

To make thing easier and to always stop these confusions as people do it wrong all the time just say an amount and how much mark up you want to sell.

Ie

I an selling 70% at 1.3 meaning I am buying 0% but I don't profit unless you do.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2012, 09:04:40 AM »

3% pls gogogogogpfpgpfoggo herbie

Just me
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2012, 09:07:40 AM »

The price doesn't change.

10% = 56 I you cash the player then gets 70%.

Ie Tikay buys 10%.. He pays 56£, you cash for 1009 his share is now 7% and you inherit his 3% for nothing.

The way you have it at the moment is that you are selling 100% at 1.4 then paying 70% of the winnings out so a mark up of 1.7-8 ish.

To make thing easier and to always stop these confusions as people do it wrong all the time just say an amount and how much mark up you want to sell.

Ie

I an selling 70% at 1.3 meaning I am buying 0% but I don't profit unless you do.

I'm totally confused by this thread, but yes, the enboldened part as explained by plenners is my understanding.

Sorry if I am derailing the thread Jase. My conditional offer stands, of course.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2012, 09:16:10 AM »

Great thread Dewi Cheesy

Hope you run good Herbicides

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2012, 09:16:51 AM »

For somebody who literally does read every single post on blonde it's funny that you got it went. You're obviously great at heart and is probably suggest making a new thread and carrying over the %s to the op there as there I about 5 different prices etc within this thread and were not on page 2.

@mods now do you see why mulligans template is absolutely necessary? If most frequent poster on the site gets it wrong the. We can't expect any new poster (with 300 posts) to get it right.

The  Milligan template needs to be implemented asap

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2012, 09:21:25 AM »

Or we could just leave it as it is, without a template, and people will eventually get it right, when they realise people are too confused to stake them?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: