blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:43:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Crossing a line with TWO WORD POKER STORY?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Crossing a line with TWO WORD POKER STORY?  (Read 8736 times)
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2006, 06:22:08 PM »

Being a looker (and a model) was obviously a bonus, but I'd expect a similar reaction to any young lady posting a pic up on here. Just look at pokergirlie! (SHe got how many PM's?) Or the reaction when you changed you avatar. Or pokerdave's profile regarding Foxy Minx.

The lads on here are very honoured to be posting on the same forum as a lot of stunnas - not just Sarah.
Ginger
Queen of Purple

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2006, 06:25:40 PM »

Now this is only a personal opinion, it does not represent anyone else's views except my own, but I would like a little less of the innuendo and FHM stuff. I participate in places but everything in moderation!

Tighty, I think you would be surprised just how many peoples opinions that echos. I'm not trying to be boring, I would personally just like it toned down. If you WANT that sort of thing all the time, there ARE places for it.

“Half a truth is often a great lie.” ~ Benjamin Franklin
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2006, 06:30:22 PM »

I probably wouldn't be surprised...I hear all sides of the debate ...repeatedly!

I know there is no desire from any of us with the capacity to do so to censor, edit, delete etc but where necessary it will be done

It happened with a new thread this afternoon which I felt was disrepectful to some female poker players and it was gone asap, after consultation with other moderators

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Gamblor21

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2006, 06:33:52 PM »

This is'nt just a poker forum anymore! It has become so much more... Also alot of the members use slapstick humour to get their points across, maybe the easiest way to get a cheap laugh.

Threads are not going to be to the liking of everyone, but thats like saying you like every TV program! You don't have to watch if you don't like... There are a few threads that have'nt been to my liking but i would'nt think of contacting anyone to censor the thread etc!

Come on let Blonde be Blonde!

Hear me knocking... Let me in then!
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2006, 06:38:56 PM »

This is'nt just a poker forum anymore! It has become so much more... Also alot of the members use slapstick humour to get their points across, maybe the easiest way to get a cheap laugh.

Threads are not going to be to the liking of everyone, but thats like saying you like every TV program! You don't have to watch if you don't like... There are a few threads that have'nt been to my liking but i would'nt think of contacting anyone to censor the thread etc!

Come on let Blonde be Blonde!

Good post. Like I said when I read "two word story" if the current sentence aint to my liking I just leave it.
Heid
Nuuuuu Meeeeja Whore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2006, 06:39:23 PM »

Sarah was having a bit of fun, and reacting to the comments given to her, much like the comments on the two word poker story.

If people were offended, then I apologise on her behalf.

As one of those blessed with less than favourable looks, I didn't have a problem, and have seen threads of pics of girlies on here before, and wasn't offended, but of course we are all different, and that is why we have such a vibrant forum.

I would like to point out though, that if anyone was going to be potentially offended by anything on Sarah's thread, then as her aunt - I was potentially right up there on the list of those most likely to throw a shit fit.

But I didn't Smiley

There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no passion; there is serenity.
There is no bubble; there is the Final Table.
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2006, 06:45:27 PM »

Personally speaking, i am a bit fed up of being treated as a sex object, I am a human being you know, not just a piece of meat for all you girls to feast upon. Wink   ... Sorry, I was dreaming Cheesy

Ps. I dont read the 2 word story thread anymore, i leave that particular thread to the other Mods... I find it boring now, but each to their own... Everyone who posts on here has a moral obligation to moderate themselves and think of the consequences to their actions before hitting the send button. It is a difficult..no.. impossible job to keep everyone happy, as different people have different tolerance levels and senses of humour ....  But I think that if a particular thread annoys one person but the majority arent bothered.. then the only solution is for the offended person to just keep clear of that particular thread...

I understand what i have written above .... but im not sure anyone else will lol

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2006, 06:46:40 PM »

Sarah was having a bit of fun, and reacting to the comments given to her, much like the comments on the two word poker story.

If people were offended, then I apologise on her behalf.

As one of those blessed with less than favourable looks, I didn't have a problem, and have seen threads of pics of girlies on here before, and wasn't offended, but of course we are all different, and that is why we have such a vibrant forum.

I would like to point out though, that if anyone was going to be potentially offended by anything on Sarah's thread, then as her aunt - I was potentially right up there on the list of those most likely to throw a shit fit.

But I didn't Smiley

you were the one posting most of the pictures!!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

sponsored by Fyffes
madasahatstand

Bang

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2006, 06:48:04 PM »

hello everyone. the 2 word story thread has caused some debate which is great. I didnt see the parts thetank posted up but am not offened. i did think about the story again and if it was me being named would i mind? i probably would have tried to divert the story again to a more conservative line. people sometimes say to me that im too PC and usually im the first to say something if people are being smutty in my company. ive even accused a guy on laddies of being a sexist (because of his profile and way he talked about women as objects) and i had never even met him before. it was on the laddies forum. when i sobered up the next day i thought i was a bit strong and felt a bit embarrassed.
i think people have just got caught up in the heat of the moment and not actively tried to be smutty. i think folk will maybe think twice about what they say in the thread now....lol
charmaine, you have nothing at all to apologise for. i thought some of your contributions were hilarious and i hope to see more.

happy new year (again)

mad

Patience is a virtue.

matt674

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2006, 06:48:30 PM »

Personally speaking, i am a bit fed up of being treated as a sex object, I am a human being you know, not just a piece of meat for all you girls to feast upon. Wink   ... Sorry, I was dreaming Cheesy

Ps. I dont read the 2 word story thread anymore, i leave that particular thread to the other Mods... I find it boring now, but each to their own... Everyone who posts on here has a moral obligation to moderate themselves and think of the consequences to their actions before hitting the send button. It is a difficult..no.. impossible job to keep everyone happy, as different people have different tolerance levels and senses of humour ....  But I think that if a particular thread annoys one person but the majority arent bothered.. then the only solution is for the offended person to just keep clear of that particular thread...

I understand what i have written above .... but im not sure anyone else will lol

perfect monkeyanese - you should think about taking a job at the monkey consulate, we are looking for someone to help become a link between our two communities!! Wink

sponsored by Fyffes
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2006, 06:51:02 PM »

can i delete the worst thread on blonde

please 

can I can I please

please

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2006, 06:53:24 PM »

nope you can't.

I have wanted it to leave page one for months now and die away. Never knew the monster I was creating!

just don't put up a blinking poll about deleting  it or else!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: January 16, 2006, 06:55:20 PM »

Ps. I dont read the 2 word story thread anymore, i leave that particular thread to the other Mods...

Shame about that as we had left it for you. I blame the bloke that started it in the first place.  Cheesy

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 16, 2006, 06:56:07 PM »

lol

polll

shall killjoy ironside delete the thread or can tightend keep his monster

for it to be deleted type killjoy to keep it type monster

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: January 16, 2006, 06:58:02 PM »

What about middle ground?  Cheesy

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: