blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 03:52:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272886 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  RSQ - A Ruud Awakening
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: RSQ - A Ruud Awakening  (Read 20752 times)
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: October 08, 2012, 10:07:19 PM »

Cool Name a currency replaced by the Euro

Correct Answers:            
Austrian schilling,   Belgian franc, Cypriot pound, German mark, Estonian kroon, Spanish peseta, Finnish markka, French franc, Greek drachma, Irish pound, Italian lira, Luxembourgish franc, Monegasque franc, Maltese lira, Dutch guilder, Portuguese escudo, Slovenian tolar, Slovak koruna, Sammarinese lira, Vatican lira

I'd check that again if I was you. US$= Ace please

you'll have to help me out here

The US Dollar has been replaced by the Euro in several countries, most notably in North Korea, but there are others.

The North Korean Won is the national currency. The two other most used are Japanese Yen and US Dollar. No mention of the euro on wiki.

another example? it fails as we stand

And that answer is so out of date. The Euro is the street currency in North Korea. No-one uses the Won. Everybody knows that.
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 08, 2012, 10:08:18 PM »

Sigh. Some good solid QMing failing England/Scotland but then caved under the pressure.

Any question asking for countries is implicitly using the UN definition imo. Does no-one else here watch pointless?

UK - Ace
Scotland/England - Fails

If the QM wants to use the UN definition of country the QM should state that in the question..

Flim-flammy questions cannot produce absolute answers

Not just for this question but I think there has to be a certain amount of implicitness in general on some questions. I've a set of questions to be used next time I run one of these and my country question specifies english name and UN listed. I shouldn't really have to say that.

Finding clever answers is part of it but I sometimes think we take twisting the wording of the questions a bit too far.

If you want a serious RSQ with no objections unless its a clear error by the QM then go to 2p2 and their offshoots lol!

Last time I checked, the bolded bit was the whole bloody point. Hence why winning is a punishment lololol
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 08, 2012, 10:09:28 PM »

Wikipedia (where else):

In 1998, Cuba announced that it would replace the US$ with the euro as its official currency for the purposes of international trading. On 1 December 2002, North Korea did the same. (Its internal currency, the wŏn, is not convertible and thus cannot be used to purchase foreign goods. The euro also enjoys popularity domestically, especially among elites and resident foreigners.) Syria followed suit in 2006.
In 2000, President of Iraq Saddam Hussein began the sale of his country's oil denominated in euros rather than dollars since the majority of Iraqi oil trade was with the EU, India and China rather than the United States. Several other oil producing countries stated they would follow suit but when Iraq was invaded in 2003, the new US interim administration immediately switched all sales of oil back to the US dollar. Since then, Iran has maintained its policy of demanding euros from the sale of oil towards Europe and Asia, and plans to set up an oil exchange denominated in euro.

Loads of countries have a national currency, but allow others to be used in hopes it keeps business flowing.  Doesn't make the others their currency.

Laxie's argument sums mine up in two sentences. On the other hand, it is a very solid argument. And the US $ has been 'replaced' by the euro.
Going with my gut though - FAIL

Did I read that correctly?

You just wrote that the US$ has been replaced by the Euro, but it is a fail. Non Sequitur FTW.
ruud

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 08, 2012, 10:10:32 PM »

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVING ON

10) Name a Pixar film

ACES
AdamM   Finding Nemo   1
Tal   Ratatouille   1
rfqqqabc   Toy Story 3   1
DMorgan   Wall E   1

mondatoo   Toy Story   2
Laxie   Toy Story   2
TightEnd   A Bug's Life   3
kinboshi   A Bug's Life   3
TRIP5   A Bug's Life   3
Skippy   Up   3
Nakor   Up   3
Sweetman   Up   3
MintTrav   Monsters Inc   5
taximan007   Monsters Inc   5
Cf   Monsters Inc   5
moonandback   Monsters Inc   5
millidonk   Monsters Inc   5
ruud

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 08, 2012, 10:11:30 PM »

Wikipedia (where else):

In 1998, Cuba announced that it would replace the US$ with the euro as its official currency for the purposes of international trading. On 1 December 2002, North Korea did the same. (Its internal currency, the wŏn, is not convertible and thus cannot be used to purchase foreign goods. The euro also enjoys popularity domestically, especially among elites and resident foreigners.) Syria followed suit in 2006.
In 2000, President of Iraq Saddam Hussein began the sale of his country's oil denominated in euros rather than dollars since the majority of Iraqi oil trade was with the EU, India and China rather than the United States. Several other oil producing countries stated they would follow suit but when Iraq was invaded in 2003, the new US interim administration immediately switched all sales of oil back to the US dollar. Since then, Iran has maintained its policy of demanding euros from the sale of oil towards Europe and Asia, and plans to set up an oil exchange denominated in euro.

Loads of countries have a national currency, but allow others to be used in hopes it keeps business flowing.  Doesn't make the others their currency.

Laxie's argument sums mine up in two sentences. On the other hand, it is a very solid argument. And the US $ has been 'replaced' by the euro.

You just wrote that the US$ has been replaced by the Euro, but it is a fail. Non Sequitur FTW.

but in none of your examples is it an official currency, therefore, it fails
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #200 on: October 08, 2012, 10:13:16 PM »

USD has been replaced as a trading currency in many places. Such a brilliant answer.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
ruud

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 08, 2012, 10:13:47 PM »

scores on the doors, with two thirds of the quiz gone

DMorgan   12
Laxie   18
TightEnd   18
TRIP5   18
Skippy   18
mondatoo   19
Nakor   20
Cf   23
Sweetman   26
Tal   26
MintTrav   29
AdamM   30
rfqqqabc   31
taximan007   31
moonandback   34
kinboshi   36
millidonk   40
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 08, 2012, 10:14:01 PM »

USD has been replaced as a trading currency in many places. Such a brilliant answer.

Trading currency is totally different to official currency.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
TRIP5
If you can't say someting nice, at least try to be funny...

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 08, 2012, 10:14:56 PM »

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVING ON

10) Name a Pixar film

ACES
AdamM   Finding Nemo   1
Tal   Ratatouille   1
rfqqqabc   Toy Story 3   1
DMorgan   Wall E   1

mondatoo   Toy Story   2
Laxie   Toy Story   2
TightEnd   A Bug's Life   3
kinboshi   A Bug's Life   3
TRIP5   A Bug's Life   3
Skippy   Up   3
Nakor   Up   3
Sweetman   Up   3
MintTrav   Monsters Inc   5
taximan007   Monsters Inc   5
Cf   Monsters Inc   5
moonandback   Monsters Inc   5
millidonk   Monsters Inc   5

Decided to totally skip question 9 then QM??

TKP FOR APAT!!!
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 08, 2012, 10:15:29 PM »

lol where is Q9

Blue text
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 08, 2012, 10:16:00 PM »

Wikipedia (where else):

Just like in your question. It has been replaced .................oh what's the point if you don't listen to a perfectly good rationale. I don't get how you cannot understand this.
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 08, 2012, 10:17:11 PM »

Wikipedia (where else):

Loads of countries have a national currency, but allow others to be used in hopes it keeps business flowing.  Doesn't make the others their currency.

Just like in your question. It has been replaced .................oh what's the point if you don't listen to a perfectly good rationale. I don't get how you cannot understand this.

So is Sterling a valid answer then?

I can go to the shop and pay in Euros if I wish. This replaces me paying in Sterling. Hence Sterling has been replaced.

Blue text
ruud

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 08, 2012, 10:19:12 PM »

ah yes question 9!!!

9) Name a football club Nicolas Anelka has played for

Correct Answers:
   Paris Saint-Germain
   Arsenal
   Real Madrid
   Paris Saint-Germain
        Liverpool (loan)
   Manchester City
   Fenerbahçe
   Bolton Wanderers
   Chelsea
        Shanghai Shenhua

ACES
DMorgan   Chelsea   1
TightEnd   Fenerbahce   1
mondatoo   Real Madrid   1

rfqqqabc   Arsenal   2
Skippy   Arsenal   2
Nakor   Bolton Wanderers   2
Laxie   Bolton Wanderers   2
kinboshi   Liverpool   3
TRIP5   Liverpool   3
AdamM   Liverpool   3
taximan007   Manchester City   3
MintTrav   Manchester City   3
Sweetman   Manchester City   3
Cf   Paris Saint-Germain   3
moonandback   Paris Saint-Germain   3
Tal   Paris Saint-Germain   3

FAILS
millidonk   Ajax   8

APOLOGIES FOR THAT. I got all mixed up in the USD debate
ruud

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 08, 2012, 10:19:36 PM »

scores on the doors, with two thirds of the quiz gone

DMorgan   12
Laxie   18
TightEnd   18
TRIP5   18
Skippy   18
mondatoo   19
Nakor   20
Cf   23
Sweetman   26
Tal   26
MintTrav   29
AdamM   30
rfqqqabc   31
taximan007   31
moonandback   34
kinboshi   36
millidonk   40

this still applies
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 08, 2012, 10:26:17 PM »

Are we hoping to finish this some time tonight?  Just checking, because I could've been and back from my shower at this rate.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: