blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:03:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The True Rastafish Story - No Frills
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The True Rastafish Story - No Frills  (Read 65166 times)
RastaColburn

The Real Rastafish

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2012, 04:14:01 PM »

How long have you lived in England for? I was born in England
How many years did you live in Jamaica for?  I've never lived in Jamaica but always visited on a regular basis since I was 25
Is most of your family in England or Jamaica now? All my family is over here I have relatives who I'm close to in Jamaica
Why did you leave Jamaica? Not relevant
Will you stay in England for the rest of your life do you think? I will always reside in England

Disclaimer - All thoughts and views expressed are from Colburn Tomlin (Rastafish) the posts may have been typed up by a third party in the presence of Colburn which will be documented at the end of the post. 

http://www.facebook.com/colburn.tomlin

I Kill Dem!!!
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2012, 04:15:09 PM »

whats ur standard subway/nandos order

Favorite food?

what has been your biggest extravagance?

Just me
RastaColburn

The Real Rastafish

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2012, 04:16:37 PM »

my question is, Do you think you can keep winning at poker purely playiing live tournies

Yes I do, because I play with a particular mental philosophy. I don't think and play like most poker players and am very spontaneous player, I'll even go as far to say I play with vibes and not my cards  

Disclaimer - All thoughts and views expressed are from Colburn Tomlin (Rastafish) the posts may have been typed up by a third party in the presence of Colburn which will be documented at the end of the post. 

I Kill Dem!!!
RastaColburn

The Real Rastafish

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2012, 04:17:18 PM »

Are you going to come to prague with the boys in December?!

Haven't thought about it yet, but I will let you know

I Kill Dem!!!
RastaColburn

The Real Rastafish

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2012, 04:18:09 PM »

Who was the man before Rastafish the poker god?

I'm posting the beginnings to my story on this diary

I Kill Dem!!!
Steve Swift

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2012, 04:19:30 PM »

Thanks for the reply,

I have seen the clip of quad j beating qq and qq, but does any one else have links to others clips from our hero doing the bizo.
stato_1

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2012, 04:19:59 PM »

OK! It's Andy by the way in case you didn't know mate
RastaColburn

The Real Rastafish

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2012, 04:21:21 PM »

whats ur standard subway/nandos order

Favorite food?

what has been your biggest extravagance?

Subway order - Brown bread, vegetable patty, red onions, corn, extra cucumber, small amount of ketchup and cheese
Nandos - Half chicken well done, sweet potato mash, chips and Beer

Favorite food - Fried yellow tail snapper

Biggest extravagance - My leather sofas

I Kill Dem!!!
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2012, 04:25:21 PM »

... we can compete with the youngsters because we were young once. The difference between us and the youngsters we have been young but they haven't been old, we always have the edge...

Much Love Brother

Love this

lots

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2012, 04:29:00 PM »

Reserve 10%

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2012, 04:34:55 PM »

Are you interested in playing the £2/5 game tonight at DDT?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
RastaColburn

The Real Rastafish

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2012, 04:37:22 PM »

Are you interested in playing the £2/5 game tonight at DDT?

No Alex, it's too big for me brother, I'll play 50/1 haha

I Kill Dem!!!
RastaColburn

The Real Rastafish

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2012, 04:43:34 PM »

Contrary to popular believe I wasn’t always Rastafish.

The Birth:
Britain had just come out of war, labor requirements were high and Winston Churchill called upon the English speaking colonies to help rebuild Britain.
My parents Migrated to London from Jamaica and were part of many who travelled on the Empire Windrush  in 1948 , my father was a skilled carpenter and my mother was a nurse and also looked after us. I was born on 2nd July 1956 and christened Colburn Tomlin.  I grew up in south London in the late 50’s early 60’s.

My Mother:
My mother managed the house with an iron fist, we all had chores that had to be completed in a standard set by my mother and she had high standards.  She would always ask “have you cleaned your room Colburn, not like you clean but how I showed you to clean” my mother was meticulous and a master of detail, if our room wasn’t cleaned to the exact standard that my mother wanted, we’d be disciplined, we all had to wake up at a certain time, eat at a certain time and sleep at a certain time. Like I said my mother had a fist of iron and imposed a regimental way of living like most Caribbean families did in those days  and it’s  something that will stay with me for the rest of my life

Being different:
Growing up in 60’s London was a world away from what it is today. We had one TV channel, no telephones and the radio was our main form of entertainment. The streets were moderately safe and communities were real communities that looked out for one another.  I didn’t know I was different until someone at school called me a “Black bastard” and told me go back to my country, I went home and asked my mother what he meant because this was my country I didn’t know anywhere else.  My mother told me I wasn’t different but was black, she told me that our family were not fully English and had come from Jamaica and told me don’t worry about what people say just remember your lesson.  I was curious I wanted everything about it, I wanted to know what Jamaica was like, what the people were like and everything about my culture.  

Dreads:
I was teenager I was learning about my families culture, I had excepted I was different and I was getting in touch with my roots. It was the 70’s people were dressing different and talking different, the swinging 60’s were over and cultures in London were ethnically diffusing, mixed race couples started to be excepted in popular society and Reggae music was getting more popular.  Johnny Nash was asking to be held tight and Bob Marley and the Wailers were calling for a Soul Revolution. I wanted an identity and felt connected to Rastafari I grew my dreads became an orthodox Rastafarian.

The 70’s
London in the 70’s was exciting, it was cool it was a great time to be alive, music was changing the way we lived our lives, black white brown we all found something in common with music. 150,000 people celebrated the Notting Hill carnival and the Afro-Caribbean community was growing 1st generation British Jamaicans were connecting with each and sharing stories of areas that they moved to.  Communities were widening Brixton was the epicenter of black Britain.

I’ll go into greater later on in my diary but this is a personal outline…
TBC

Transcribed by Steven S
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 05:00:44 PM by RastaColburn » Logged

I Kill Dem!!!
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2012, 04:43:46 PM »

Do you think there's a reason all your success is at DTD rather than in other places like Vegas or GUKPT / UKIPT stops?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
RastaColburn

The Real Rastafish

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2012, 04:52:38 PM »

Do you think there's a reason all your success is at DTD rather than in other places like Vegas or GUKPT / UKIPT stops?

Let me think... There is a slight difference, no difference with the cards but the ambiance, surroundings and what you feel you know, it's always easier at home

For example - It's easier to sleep in your own bed!!

Dusk till Dawn is home, but that doesn't mean I won't be able to transfer the results to all of these tournaments.  I haven't played many by the way I've only played a few of these tournaments and will be playing much more in the future to hopefully fulfill my expectations..

Hopefully Tikay will sponsor me this weekend and we'll travel with the Sky tour :-)

I Kill Dem!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: