blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:08:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272580 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The True Rastafish Story - No Frills
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The True Rastafish Story - No Frills  (Read 65172 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2012, 06:21:13 AM »

Really enjoyed your stories from back in the day, when you lived in London.

Life was very different then, as you said. I somehow imagined you may have lived in West London, perhaps Notting Hill, Shepherds Bush. That was my patch. Karabiner, who is much older than both you & I, frequented those parts too.

Strict parenting, too, I loved that bit. As kids, we did not much enjoy it, but it was THE GREATEST thing ever for our future lives, & it gave us our values, our strength, our character. My "bedtime" (do kids still have a "bedtime"?) was 7pm in the week, & 7.30pm at weekends, right up until I was 13 or 14. And 7pm meant EXACTLY 7pm, not a second later.

I had better stop now. Your "early days" stories have made me reminisce.

Keep it coming Big Man.

PS - Thank you for the PM. I'm thoroughly overwhelmed with PM's right now, but I'll reply soonest. I'm really glad we worked out a way of getting the Diary started, & I hope you understand the very awkward spot I was in. Unfortunately, not everyone did, judging by some of the incoming. Sad

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
jack2off

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2012, 09:31:27 AM »

Hi

Would love to hear about your son Gavin too, and his professional football career.

How closely you follow him, do you get to watch matches?

Does he take an interest in your poker, or play poker?

Peace.

I take interest in every game that he has and he takes full interest in evey game I play, he's playing in Rotherham this weekend, he doesn't play poker.

Peace brother
Who's he play for??
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2012, 09:32:46 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gavin_Tomlin

Spot the clue

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 11, 2012, 09:34:15 AM »

Hi

Would love to hear about your son Gavin too, and his professional football career.

How closely you follow him, do you get to watch matches?

Does he take an interest in your poker, or play poker?

Peace.

I take interest in every game that he has and he takes full interest in evey game I play, he's playing in Rotherham this weekend, he doesn't play poker.

Peace brother
Who's he play for??

google is your friend!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gavin_Tomlin

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2012, 09:34:46 AM »

Wow, Dad stamps his stock well!

Lovely photo.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 11, 2012, 09:35:16 AM »

Rasta

Your speechplay

How much is it merely you are just having a good time at the table, love the game etc

and how much is it genuinely designed to get under the skin of certain opponents, a deliberate tactic?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
jack2off

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 11, 2012, 09:43:14 AM »

no...nope...go on give us a clue Cheesy Cheesy

thank you!!
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: October 11, 2012, 10:04:04 AM »

Rasta, who would you say are the tournament players at DDT that you respect the most in terms of their play?  Are there any players who you 'fear' or players you'd rather weren't on your table?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
blueace

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 11, 2012, 12:06:18 PM »

Cant believe how much I havein common with the legend; took up the game around the same time, moved from the south (born of london parents) to the midlands, in business, footballing son (too young to be at Gavins level), reg at dtd but not much elsewhere, winner of two deepstacks, hit near bottom and bounced back, just need to develop some of that legendary speech play...
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 12:08:16 PM by blueace » Logged
gouty

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 11, 2012, 02:11:54 PM »

Rasta

Your speechplay

How much is it merely you are just having a good time at the table, love the game etc

and how much is it genuinely designed to get under the skin of certain opponents, a deliberate tactic?
I wanna know this too.

I was on a table with you 18 months ago and honestly thought you were a complete prick the way you carried on when some poor guy was trying think on the river. Totally classless. Not played with you since. Do you still do all that stuff?

MLHMLH

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 11, 2012, 03:22:11 PM »

Rasta

Your speechplay

I wanna know this too.

I was on a table with you 18 months ago and honestly thought you were a complete prick the way you carried on when some poor guy was trying think on the river. Totally classless. Not played with you since. Do you still do all that stuff?

MadTurk

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 11, 2012, 03:33:14 PM »

hi rasta
lovely to read your story so far enjoyed it keep going i hope to meet again on poker maybe heads up that will be interesting spectaters get earphones out hahaha gl m8 we have similar story my son play footy too and i never missed his game he hasnt made it yet hopefully will  gl m8 see u soon
Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 11, 2012, 03:46:17 PM »

Superb writing, looking forward to some more stories!
PizzicatoXev

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 11, 2012, 04:17:54 PM »

What are your feelings about several players using a picture of you as their avatar on Pokerstars?
RastaColburn

The Real Rastafish

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 11, 2012, 04:53:48 PM »

Hi Rasta,

I'm Ralph, slightly older than you, grew up in London so I hear you when you talk about the 60's and 70's, but lived here in Nottingham for the last twenty+ years and we've shared a few tables over the last year or so which was always a pleasure as you never killed me nor I you.

Did you grow up around Brixton?

Did you ever spend any time at the Basing St. recording studio in Notting Hill?

I grew up in Lewisham and hung around Brixton and the south. 
Basing street? not that I remember.

Hope you enjoy the diary Ralph

More to Come

Much Love brother

Disclaimer - All thoughts and views expressed are from Colburn Tomlin (Rastafish) the posts may have been typed up by a third party in the presence of Colburn which will be documented at the end of the post. 

http://www.facebook.com/colburn.tomlin

I Kill Dem!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: