blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 03:33:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273556 Posts in 66762 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Getting cash out of a poker site.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Getting cash out of a poker site.  (Read 2832 times)
ShatnerPants

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2012, 10:32:11 PM »

How do you do it?

Stupid question, eh?  I know, but I put £25 into Titan because they are meant to be safe, and fair. Managed to get it up to £100 And I need to get it out coz I lost my job and I need every penny to pay the bills.

Only I can't. They let me take out my original £25 when I tested it a couple of weeks ago, but they've declined my request this time for another £25.

I've played 3400 hands and a few MTTs but only managed to amass 225 points because I'm playing beginner/micro limits. I spoke to online customer services earlier and they suggested that I need to earn 1060 points to take out £25. That's because, in their eyes, I won with the bonus money.

But as I've not lost my original stake, I'm saying I haven't touched their bonus, so whilst I understand I can't withdraw the bonus £15 they gave me, I should be able to get my hands on the rest of the cash, IE my winnings.

The problem I have is that they are saying that I can't touch any of my money. So if I carry on winning, I wont be able to withdraw it, without managing to acquire 5 x the number of points they are giving me.

Has anyone got any ideas on how I can get round this?

Cheers

dakky

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 10:21:00 AM »

dump it to someone else, subtly.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 10:29:48 AM »

http://www.titanpoker.com/general-bonus-policy.html

If you have received a cash bonus with withdrawal conditions and you wish to make a withdrawal, withdrawal of the bonus money and/or any winnings at poker games that derived from it requires that you earn Titan Poker Points in accordance to the regular bonus terms.
ShatnerPants

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 12:30:54 PM »

http://www.titanpoker.com/general-bonus-policy.html

If you have received a cash bonus with withdrawal conditions and you wish to make a withdrawal, withdrawal of the bonus money and/or any winnings at poker games that derived from it requires that you earn Titan Poker Points in accordance to the regular bonus terms.

That's it.

I get the withdrawal of the bonus - I have to grind to get that out. But I put in £25, they added £15, so my balance was £40. My balance never fell below £22, so I never actually got to use their bonus to win anything.

Unless you define it as saying that as soon as they give me even a $1 bonus, that money is used first. Which is stupid coz it means that forever ad infinitum I'll have to earn points to take any money out at all. What they are saying is that because they gave me £15, and I can only ever win enough points at the stakes I play to earn 20% of their points targets, that I can never take any money out of their site.

There must be a point where I am playing my own money - I've taken the original £25 out and I've still got £145 in there ffs. they can't claim that it's all down to their £15, can they???

Has this ever been challenged?
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 12:44:06 PM »

TBH from the "letter of the law" so to speak it sounds like you did use the bonus money.

Im pretty sure this doesn't go on forever but it looks like you'll have to grind it out or do a subtle chip-dump

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 01:02:39 PM »

Seems pretty fair to me, you are freerolling at the moment so obviously you have to clear the bonus, just get grinding or play bigger Smiley

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 01:03:04 PM »

I would say its pretty clear that the bonus money is the 'top money' and not the bottom money in any situation like this.

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2012, 01:04:11 PM »

For example lets say you lost 30 of the £40, now you decided you had enough it wasn't for you and want to take out £10 of the money you put in. Then they say, sorry mate that's our £10 not yours, you lost your money.

ShatnerPants

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2012, 01:10:29 PM »

For example lets say you lost 30 of the £40, now you decided you had enough it wasn't for you and want to take out £10 of the money you put in. Then they say, sorry mate that's our £10 not yours, you lost your money.

I totally agree with this.

If I've spent MY money, then I shouldn't just be able to take their money away. But if I, say, lose £5, then I should be able to withdraw the other £20, and keep THEIR money in the account. If I then go on to show a profit, then they can argue that anything I win after that is won subject to earning points.

Which is not how I see the situation I'm in.
ShatnerPants

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2012, 01:12:30 PM »

Seems pretty fair to me, you are freerolling at the moment so obviously you have to clear the bonus, just get grinding or play bigger Smiley

Why do you say I'm freerolling? Surely that means I'm playing without staking myself?? What is my original deposit then, if not my stake money???
ShatnerPants

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2012, 01:14:14 PM »

TBH from the "letter of the law" so to speak it sounds like you did use the bonus money.

Im pretty sure this doesn't go on forever but it looks like you'll have to grind it out or do a subtle chip-dump

I've asked how long it would go on for, but they have totally avoided any answer.
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2012, 01:15:43 PM »

If I've spent MY money, then I shouldn't just be able to take their money away. But if I, say, lose £5, then I should be able to withdraw the other £20, and keep THEIR money in the account. If I then go on to show a profit, then they can argue that anything I win after that is won subject to earning points.

Exactly the situation you're in.

Deposited £25, withdrew £25.  

ShatnerPants

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2012, 01:19:44 PM »

Exactly the situation you're in.

Deposited £25, withdrew £25.  

But I won $100 in a standard $3 MTT which I paid for before I withdrew my £25 stake, so surely that money is mine, and is nothing to do with the bonus - if they had not given me the bonus, I still would have entered that tournament, and still would have won that cash.
ShatnerPants

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2012, 01:24:37 PM »

... you have to clear the bonus, just get grinding or play bigger Smiley

TBH I would just get on with the grind if I had any faith that I wouldn't just lose the lot.

I can play the MTTs ok (ish), The SNGs seem much harder than when I played a few years ago, and the cash games, even at micro levels are teh only thing that I am absolutely showing a loss on.

So I gave up on them, for the time being, at least.

millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2012, 01:26:53 PM »

Not being funny mate but this situation is very standard. Defo read the T&Cs before entering into any bonus commitments anyway, but in your case you have already taken the money you deposited back so you have not lost anything. It's well known bonus money is used first, so you are in affect freerolling, for the site to have a chance to make money off their bonus they require you to fulfill their predefined rules before you can withdrawal.

Get grinding, will take a fair while doing MTTs. Make sure there isn't an expiration date or whatever else you could find yourself having to redeposit in a few weeks time. 

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: