blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:32:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272603 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Crystal Palace FC Thread + Championship Chat
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Crystal Palace FC Thread + Championship Chat  (Read 249778 times)
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #2025 on: May 28, 2013, 07:37:38 AM »

Cheers everyone.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: May 28, 2013, 07:51:09 AM »

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: May 28, 2013, 08:07:04 AM »

Fair play, everyone wrote Palace off in both the semi and the final but Holloway did what was needed.

Just sad to miss out playing eachother next year, hopefully it will just be a 1 year hiatus and we get to meet in the Prem.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: May 28, 2013, 08:46:59 AM »

Fair play, everyone wrote Palace off in both the semi and the final but Holloway did what was needed.

Just sad to miss out playing eachother next year, hopefully it will just be a 1 year hiatus and we get to meet in the Prem.

Would not complain about that!
Matt50

View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: May 28, 2013, 11:00:13 AM »

First chance to post after a wonderful day yesterday :-)

Thought we were worthy winners, defensively we have been superb over the three play-off games.  Delaney was man of the match for me yesterday and to see him in tears at the end of the game shows just how much it meant to him.  Jedinak was immense in midfield, especially considering he went over on his ankle at the start of the second half.  O'Keefe alongside him was also superb, especially considering his appearances have been so limited this season.
There were a lot of suggestions in the run in to the season that Zaha really wasnt putting it in - i think he is a big game player and showed in the play-offs how good he really is.  Such a shame that we will never see him in a Palace shirt again (unless Man Yoo want to loan him back next season!!).

A brilliant atmosphere at the game, Palace fans very loud as usual.  Cant imagine the pressure Phillips was under stepping up to take the penalty - i was shi**ing myself just watching it!

Under no illusions about the task ahead next season - probably only Speroni, Ward, Jedinak and Williams good enough for Prem, although players like Moritz and Gabbidon may be better at that level given the more time they will get.

Just going to enjoy the season, go to most of the games and see what happens.  It will be fun.

Camel - dont understand your comment about Palace owner - very level headed guy and shrews businessman.

Ant - havent agreed with a lot of your comments about Palace this season but you obviously love the club very much and a top gesture giving that money to charity.  If your ever sitting in the Holmesdale upper at a game give me a shout and we can meet up.

Good luck to all you boys in the Championship next season.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 11:10:52 AM by Matt50 » Logged
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: May 28, 2013, 11:15:14 AM »

I burst into tears for about five mins unable to look up after the final whistle went. I hardly celebrated at any point after our goal as I often only do if the game looks in the bag. I'm still in shock.

I rode Palace at 11/1 for a £200 stake placed in October. Asked doobs about hedging as I was curious as to what I could lock up, with no intention really to do so, it would have to have been huge value.

I promised to half the profits of the win and donate it to cancer research back in October and £1100 is going to be donated after I cash in the betting slip. Had people close to me affected heavily by it, (haven't we all?), and I am ecstatic I am giving a huge chunk to them.

Palace on MOTD will be exceptional, membership will be bought to insure away tickets are easier to get.

Dungbeetle and Luther, sick game really, ul. There were occasions you were going to do the smash and grab but I think on the day we edged it.

Don't quite believe this.

And mondatoo a huge post match, happening now!

well done ant

lovely gesture to
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: May 28, 2013, 11:52:43 AM »

Ant - havent agreed with a lot of your comments about Palace this season but you obviously love the club very much and a top gesture giving that money to charity.  If your ever sitting in the Holmesdale upper at a game give me a shout and we can meet up.

Fair match report above. I had Jedinak as my MOM as everything that came in he dealt with. He just sat right in front of our defence the whole game and even when the opportunity presented itself for him to push up a little to provide help he always chose not to. A part of Holloway's plan to disrupt Watford I think, and it worked.

Looks unlikely I will be getting a season ticket next year, but I will probs be going to a lot of home games and I sit in the Holmsdale Upper as I love the elevated views, I go far top left as well. When I get a ticket, I will pm you to see what your up to. I can't believe we are in the prem!

Cheers Horseplayer too.

Happy to be in the mix next season with the big boys. Under no illusions to how tough it will be!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: May 28, 2013, 05:26:41 PM »

Fair match report above. I had Jedinak as my MOM as everything that came in he dealt with. He just sat right in front of our defence the whole game and even when the opportunity presented itself for him to push up a little to provide help he always chose not to. A part of Holloway's plan to disrupt Watford I think, and it worked.

Looks unlikely I will be getting a season ticket next year, but I will probs be going to a lot of home games and I sit in the Holmsdale Upper as I love the elevated views, I go far top left as well. When I get a ticket, I will pm you to see what your up to. I can't believe we are in the prem!

Cheers Horseplayer too.

Happy to be in the mix next season with the big boys. Under no illusions to how tough it will be!

Ant,

Will there be a Crystal Palace FC Thread + Premier League Chat thread?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: May 28, 2013, 06:33:56 PM »

well done Palace, Holloway has the knack of getting up! Should be an interesting season for you.
luther101

View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: May 28, 2013, 07:47:52 PM »

Strange old game    ....    Watford total no show, with Ollie getting his tactics spot on.

The best team on the day won it fair & square, and Palace were streets ahead of Watford in all departments   ....     we were truly piss-poor.

I don't suppose Hollowhead mentioned one of his loanees got the pen, for yet another to convert, in his post match comments?

Good luck in the Mogadon League next year - I know it's supposed to be 'The Holy Grail' but I won't miss it, the Championship is far more unpredictable and exciting.

Thoughts on the new Wembley     .....      an incredible money fleecing complex built by the gimps that run the FA, but deffo not a football ground - it was like watching a match at Bluewater!

Great gesture by Ant, with the cancer research donation - Top man, and have a good season next year.

(try to 'enjoy' all those 12.00/17.30 kick offs, 'Saturday' fixtures on a Monday, horrendous ticket prices, and your weekly thirty seconds of fame as Big Ears and Spamson drool over Man Yew, Rodgerspool, and Chelski for 99.9% of MotD).

Not a bad little season by the lads from The Vic -  just not quite as good as the time had by Croydon Corinthians!

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: May 28, 2013, 11:56:33 PM »

Cheers Horseplayer too.

Ant,

Will there be a Crystal Palace FC Thread + Premier League Chat thread?

TBH I don't quite understand how anyone put up with the thread title and still put towards the thread about their own teams. The Brighton fans in particular must have been somewhat tilted to see Palace's name over a championship thread. Smiley

I will go again though and probably start a thread though, with a slight variation on the title you have put forward.

Thoughts on the new Wembley     .....      an incredible money fleecing complex built by the gimps that run the FA, but deffo not a football ground - it was like watching a match at Bluewater!

I would agree with the above statement but can't quite put my finger on why. I have only ever been to the Stade de France for an alternative to a stadium as big when sitting in the stands, but that had a much better feel. I think maybe the seats in relation to the pitch is a little flat and wide and should be much more on top of the pitch.

Cheers for the kind words and I doubt I could stop watching the championship next season after this one. I will be watching it as an impartial person too, so will probably see so much more without the bias. I am going to enjoy the Saturday night double bill.

But I do cut off before the league 1 coverage starts, I don't know if any of you do that too Cheesy

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: May 29, 2013, 12:39:44 AM »

Kevin Phillips- legend

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: May 29, 2013, 12:58:56 AM »

Kevin Phillips- legend

I knew it was in as soon as i saw him with the ball going to the spot. What a pen.
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: May 30, 2013, 08:29:09 PM »

Red knapp 1/2 next Brighton manager, can we read anything into this other than someone outing £100 on it??

pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: May 30, 2013, 08:36:03 PM »

Red knapp 1/2 next Brighton manager, can we read anything into this other than someone outing £100 on it??

He was spotted in the car park.....

Pages: 1 ... 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: