blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:15:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Crystal Palace FC Thread + Championship Chat
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Crystal Palace FC Thread + Championship Chat  (Read 245774 times)
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #2070 on: April 16, 2014, 08:16:55 AM »

I was at the Brighton/Charlton game on Saturday and Charlton put in as bad a championship performance as I've seen. Not one player looked to be Championship standard. The bloke up front wasn't even league 1 standard! I'd heard a lot of talk about Diego Poyet but he looked woefully out of his depth - no time on the ball and didn't make one forward pass all game.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: April 16, 2014, 12:15:21 PM »

Charlton manager clueless.

I guess the Championship aint as easy as the new owners thought.

To be fair it is the worst team in the champ.

They were AWFUL when we lost there 3-2 at xmas, 3 shots, 3 goals by them. Should have battered them, and they celebrated like they won the league.

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: April 16, 2014, 05:41:04 PM »

Thought Charlton were on an upward curve, but the last 2 games have put them right back in it.

Can see Millwall escaping now.
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: April 30, 2014, 05:32:30 PM »

I am a Birmingham fan, used to be a shareholder and season ticket holder and I'm just despairing, just one of the worst seasons I can ever remember. Half our squad is on loan, manager tactically clueless, barely any players of any value left to sell. Owner in jail for fraud. New record for not winning a match at home.

I'd say all the other teams are safe as I can not see us getting a point at Bolton at the weekend. But hey, we have got Hayden Mullins back from loan at Notts County!
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: April 30, 2014, 05:34:04 PM »

You won't be paying Zigic £65k a week anymore after next week so that's got to be a bonus.  He must be the most overpaid footballer in the world in the last 3 years.
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: April 30, 2014, 05:54:01 PM »

Thought Charlton were on an upward curve, but the last 2 games have put them right back in it.

Can see Millwall escaping now.

Happy they managed to crawl over the line Smiley
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: April 30, 2014, 06:16:11 PM »

You won't be paying Zigic £65k a week anymore after next week so that's got to be a bonus.  He must be the most overpaid footballer in the world in the last 3 years.

Shaun Wright Phillips might argue with that statement.

In fact there's quite a few in the QPR who could stake a claim, Luke Young, Julio Cesar, Bobby Zamora, Samba Diakite, Esteban Granero etc etc

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: April 30, 2014, 06:18:31 PM »

In fact there's quite a few in the QPR who could stake a claim, Luke Young, Julio Cesar, Bobby Zamora, Samba Diakite, Esteban Granero etc etc

Yes agreed with most of those although Zig has been on £65k a week playing for a team in the bottom half of the championship for the last 3 years which is quite some feat.  He must nearly be on more than most of the rest of the squad put together.  Therefore must have been games at bham where his weekly salary is bigger than the other 10 players combined on the pitch.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: April 30, 2014, 06:22:04 PM »

Yes agreed with most of those although Zig has been on £65k a week playing for a team in the bottom half of the championship for the last 3 years which is quite some feat.  He must nearly be on more than most of the rest of the squad put together.  Therefore must have been games at bham where his weekly salary is bigger than the other 10 players combined on the pitch.

At least Zigic has been playing and scoring (albeit infrequently)

Luke Young has only been in one matchday 16 during the last 2 seasons without ever being injured.

He's on 50k per week. Job's a good un

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: April 30, 2014, 07:39:01 PM »

http://www.espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1485884/birmingham-pay-zigic-L4-million-next-year?cc=5739

Make it £75k a week for Zigic this year.  Can't be many teams in history who get relegated from the championship with someone on £75k a week on their books.
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: May 02, 2014, 01:15:04 PM »

At least Zigic has been playing and scoring (albeit infrequently)

Luke Young has only been in one matchday 16 during the last 2 seasons without ever being injured.

He's on 50k per week. Job's a good un

@TSBible: QPR have spent more on wages than Champions League finalists and La Liga leaders Atlético Madrid this season.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2081 on: August 16, 2019, 01:38:25 PM »

We're playing you on Sunday and you're going down cos you're crap and we're great.

My first attempt at footy banter. How'm I doin'?

The older I get, the better I was.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: August 27, 2019, 03:02:25 AM »

We're playing you on Sunday and you're going down cos you're crap and we're great.

My first attempt at footy banter. How'm I doin'?

Yeh pretty good Smiley

You got a decent looking side there. We did not turn up at all. Your wing backs are on a madness most games.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2083 on: December 17, 2019, 12:46:48 PM »

I'm thinking of adopting Palace as my second team. Mainly because Roy Hodgson is such a delightful old buffer. 

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: December 17, 2019, 01:35:43 PM »

I'm thinking of adopting Palace as my second team. Mainly because Roy Hodgson is such a delightful old buffer. 

Yup, butter would not melt in his mouth....

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: