blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:02:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Crystal Palace FC Thread + Championship Chat
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Crystal Palace FC Thread + Championship Chat  (Read 245777 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2085 on: December 17, 2019, 01:41:08 PM »

I'm thinking of adopting Palace as my second team. Mainly because Roy Hodgson is such a delightful old buffer. 

Yup, butter would not melt in his mouth....

For someone who was obviously fizzing, I thought he was the model of restraint.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: December 17, 2019, 01:42:30 PM »

^^^^^

Best interview ever, & I love Roy to bits.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2087 on: December 17, 2019, 01:47:24 PM »

^^^^^

Still wouldn't fancy him tearing a strip off me in the dressing room.

BTW- What did you make of Duncan Ferguson substituting the substitute?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: December 17, 2019, 01:58:46 PM »

^^^^^

Still wouldn't fancy him tearing a strip off me in the dressing room.

BTW- What did you make of Duncan Ferguson substituting the substitute?

Terrific decision, & very brave - typical of Big Dunc.  Reputations & egos mean nothing to him.

I don't know how much you know about Duncan, but as a player, when the boots & tackles were flying, he was in his element. There have been few braver centre forwards in modern times, hard as nails.

This photo from last week's game v Man U sums him up. Ole (& everyone else) wrapped up against the bitter cold & wet weather, & Dunc in his shirtsleeves.

He does not have the qualifications to get the Manager's gig, but he'd lack nothing for effort & motivational skills.

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: December 21, 2019, 07:10:21 AM »

I'm thinking of adopting Palace as my second team. Mainly because Roy Hodgson is such a delightful old buffer. 

He's steadied the ship here that is for sure. Liable to a bit too much faith in Benteke. I wasn't sure about him starting the last game when we were doing so well without that. It is going to be interesting who we recruit if Zaha is off to chelsea in the window. It would be the end of an era of Zaha+Bolasie being capable of truly amazing flair. The sort of football clubs of our ilk don't see for generations. Nothing about end product, more the box office ability to beat a man from a standing start, and those two in their prime are up there as some of the best to do it in the prem from a spectacle standpoint. More a Jay Jay Okocha style  rather than a Hazard style where he could get past players more with a drop of the shoulder. 

We had Zaha, Bolasie and Glenn Murray in our promotion season, that was a very enjoyable front three to watch.

Seeing Traore for Wolves now I am a bit annoyed we didn't go in for him when he was on the relative cheap because he would have fit in so well partnering Zaha on another wing but never mind. 

Sheffield United have been a lot of people's second team this season. They have been good value in the betting.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2090 on: December 28, 2019, 11:24:38 AM »

Is Palace v S'ton not televised today?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: December 28, 2019, 11:30:52 AM »

No, they don't generally televise 3pm kick offs Tom.

You can watch Brighton - Bournemouth @ 12.30 on Sky, Norwich - Spurs @ 5.30pm on Sky & Burnley v Man U @ 7.45 on BT Sport.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2092 on: December 28, 2019, 11:40:12 AM »

No, they don't generally televise 3pm kick offs Tom.

You can watch Brighton - Bournemouth @ 12.30 on Sky, Norwich - Spurs @ 5.30pm on Sky & Burnley v Man U @ 7.45 on BT Sport.

Thanks Tony.

I don't have BT sport but I'll watch the others.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: December 28, 2019, 11:48:27 AM »

They are all televised in different parts of the world - you just need to find a way of watching the streams.

You could use the link that I posted on here previously.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: December 28, 2019, 11:52:19 AM »

It's currently illegal to show a live football match on TV in the uk at 3pm on Saturday afternoon.  Any other time is fine but as Ralph says you will be able to access it via an illegal stream online.  hence the reason why Amazon prime only bid for non Saturday packages this season to trial what they are looking to offer longer term should the law ever change.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 11:58:23 AM by arbboy » Logged
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2095 on: December 28, 2019, 12:00:12 PM »

They are all televised in different parts of the world - you just need to find a way of watching the streams.

You could use the link that I posted on here previously.

I did appreciate that Ralph, and I did try it but my screen lit up like a crack whore at a Columbian Christmas party and looked even more likely to give me a virus.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2096 on: December 28, 2019, 12:01:46 PM »

It's currently illegal to show a live football match on TV in the uk at 3pm on Saturday afternoon.  Any other time is fine but as Ralph says you will be able to access it via an illegal stream online.  hence the reason why Amazon prime only bid for non Saturday packages this season to trial what they are looking to offer longer term should the law ever change.

Why do they kick off at 3pm then?

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: December 28, 2019, 12:04:55 PM »

It's currently illegal to show a live football match on TV in the uk at 3pm on Saturday afternoon.  Any other time is fine but as Ralph says you will be able to access it via an illegal stream online.  hence the reason why Amazon prime only bid for non Saturday packages this season to trial what they are looking to offer longer term should the law ever change.

Because its the 'traditional' time for a football match on a Saturday and no tv company with the legal rights to show it has decided that game will be televised and changed the kick off time to a non 3pm Saturday kick off.   Historically the law is to protect crowds at lower league and non league games.   The argument is if all 10 EPL games are shown live at 3pm Saturday that it will materially affect attendances lower down the ladder and impact the game overall in a negative manner.

Personally i can't see the law standing much longer because of the internet age and several pubs have had legal cases brought because of them showing foreign tv streams in their premises for 3pm Saturday games.   Once Amazon gets the major rights in the next few years i think it will all change.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 12:06:53 PM by arbboy » Logged
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2098 on: December 28, 2019, 12:11:30 PM »

Because its the 'traditional' time for a football match on a Saturday and no tv company with the legal rights to show it has decided that game will be televised and changed the kick off time to a non 3pm Saturday kick off.   Historically the law is to protect crowds at lower league and non league games.   The argument is if all 10 EPL games are shown live at 3pm Saturday that it will materially affect attendances lower down the ladder and impact the game overall in a negative manner.

Personally i can't see the law standing much longer because of the internet age and several pubs have had legal cases brought because of them showing foreign tv streams in their premises.   Once Amazon gets the major rights in the next few years i think it will all change.

Thanks arb, I can understand what the intention was now.

As you say though, all broadcast media seems to be in a state of flux at the moment as technology outpaces regulation.

Something has to give, I can't see everyone subscribing to Sky, Prime, Netflix, BT sport and paying the BBC licence fee too.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2099 on: December 29, 2019, 12:58:03 AM »

VAR disallowed some cracking goals today on millimetre-tight  offside decisions.

Clear and obvious my arse.

Pages: 1 ... 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: