blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:09:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Darts Betting and discussion
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 187 188 [189] 190 191 192 193 ... 236 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Darts Betting and discussion  (Read 488525 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2820 on: November 20, 2017, 01:12:43 PM »

Rankings fallout from the Grand Slam!

Gary Anderson really, a win in the Semi vs PW would have put him £500 ahead of PW with an easier draw in the players and him just needing to match snakebite to go into the WC as world #2 when he has £350k to defend compared to PW's £80k, and a bad performance at the WC's will put him back in the 8-3 rankings spot, now he's £52.5k behind and ONLY a win in the players will get him his #2 spot back. He has a pretty straight forward route to the 1/4s where he he's likely to then face Mensur/Cross/MVG if he wants to win it, tall order for him, the players is an absolutely gruelling tournament too and an absolute snake-pit of potential troubles.

The 4th/5th/6th/7th/8th place battle is quite intriguing - Mensur in 5th will kick of with £363k, Phil will go up 1 place in the rankings at £360k, Lewis will drop to #7 on £340k and Chizzy #8 with £338,500.  Gurney is gonna start in #4 on £400k and knows ONLY a Mensur Win here will knock him of world #4 and mean he can avoid MVG till the semi's, and with a £325k headstart on Gary in the worlds he could have a legit shot at #3. Mensur knows as long as Chizzy or Lewis don't make the semi's he'll lock up world #5 for the worlds. The battle for #7 between chizzy and lewis, Chizzy needs to out-perform Lewis to lock up #7, or a 1/4 final result will mean he over-takes Phil and if Lewis doesn't make it to the 1/4's (he has Rob Cross in the 3rd round...) then Chizzy will end up in #6 - chizzy has a manageable draw here, likely be Kyle Anderson in rnd 3 which might just end up being a straight shoot-out for him between #8 and #6, Lewis might bust round 3 and hold onto #7 in the rankings. If ever Lewis needed a triumphant return to form, it's starting Friday!

Whitlock really screwed up at the Grand Slam, defending £0 he had an actual chance to make up even £10k on the top 8, he's gonna start this comp on £298k, a good £40k behind Chizzy, only a win gets him in the top 8 for the worlds, whereas with a £10-15k extra on there and the three above him either in no form or not playing he might have a very good chance at getting his nose in the top 8. Now his worries are more about looking over his shoulders. Barney is going to move above him on £303k and looked miles sharper at the GS. Barneys draw is pretty tricky, Ian White Rd 1, Darren Johnson/Big Hendo rd2, Cullen rd 3, Cross rd 4, gary semi and MVG final his most liekly route to victory, Whitlock on the other hand has a horrible draw, with Smith in rd 2, Wright in rnd3 and MVG in the 1/4s. Saving grace for Whitlock is Kist seems to be injured and RVB has a nasty opener vs Ian White.

Just behind them, Klaasen gonna start on £290k, Wade £287k and Smith £284k all three have pretty tough draws and Klaasen and Wade bang out of form, Smith looked a lot handier this week, if he can get himself to the 1/4 finals (will have to get past Wright) then he'll have a good chance of jumping over 1 or both of these two, he's going to fancy his chances of out-doing these guys at the worlds so every penny he can get ahead of them will be valuable.

The next cool Rankings tussle is right behind them again, Benito is holding onto his #14 and will start with £263.5k - Alan Norris who's somehow turned a terrible year of form into a climb up the rankings will start on £258k. Benito has Bunting rnd1, then Mensur rnd 2, whereas Norris has Jelle rd 1 and Beaton/Huybrechts rnd 2, great spot for Norris to have a go at world #14 and given how well he's played on stage this yr he might be able to get himself up towards the top 10 given how everyone above him is defending money and playing poorly. He'll be really kicking himself he missed that D20 to KO PW and get himself  out of the group at the GS, where he'd have played Bunting/Durrant...

Right at the bottom end of the top 16 is Gerwyn Price, his GS group stage managed to nick him in the top 16 ahead of Ian White, he's going to start #16 on £242,750 and Ian White is going to start on £236,750 in #17 and right on his tail will be Kim Huybrechts in #18 on £234,250 as you can imagine they all have pretty tough draws but anyone of these with a decent run could jump back into the top 16 which is huge for the Worlds....

Final piece of Rankings puzzle ahead of the worlds is the man of the year...Rob Cross. He's back in #21 with £188,250 - his eyes will really be on the top 16, and 16/17/18 will be under-dogs to add more than £5k to their totals so if he can finish on £247k he'll have done the impossible and got to the top 16 in the world BEFORE the worlds in his maiden year. Unfortunately for Voltage, only a win will see him in there, his draw is nice, should have a smooth run to the semi's where he's liekly to face Gary. A defeat in the semi's is probably not going to be enough to get him past Joe Cullen in the #19 so most likely he's going to go into the world as World #19, phenomenal. Will be a lot of people wobbling around the mid top 16 who will be keeping a close eye on where he ends up, the last thign you want if you're a Wade/Smith/Klaasen/Lewis/Barney or even Gary with all that prize money to defend is a 2nd round or 3rd round game vs Rob Cross!

Big weekend coming up !

Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: November 20, 2017, 04:13:21 PM »

Voltage is potentially a huge problem on the horizon for Anderson. It looks like there is a real chance they meet in the last 16. Anderson would be a very short price to progress past everyone else that’s in and around Voltage in the rankings. When you are defending chunks the last thing you need is coming up against a top 5 player in all but name in the last 16.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: November 20, 2017, 06:05:13 PM »

Yeah, Rob Cross going to be a thorn in someones side...

Gary will have to keep his eyes VERY close on Joe Cullen in this weekends tournament, Joe Cullen has a £27.5k lead over Rob Cross in world #19, luckily for Gary Joe isn't defending any money and has a nice run to the 3rd round where he'll pick up £8k, Barney/White/Darren Johnson/Big Hendo are his R3 opponents, if he can get through to the 1/4s he'll face Rob Cross himself, if Joe Cullen can get past Cross to the semis, then he'll have done Garry a MASSIVE favour, as it means Rob Cross will start in #20 (or #21 if Bunting has some sort of hero run) and wont be in Gary's half. If Joe Cullen loses to Rob in the the 1/4s then Gary will have to do his own dirty work! As long as Cullen makes rnd 3, Garry should be pretty safe. Gary will want to beat RC in the semis though as that will a) keep him on pace with PW and b) mean Cross will start world #20...

If all goes well for Gary then the problems pass to Gurny and Mensur, who will be on route to face him in Rounds 3 and the 1. respectively, then a semi final with MVG. Would be very favourable for Gary to have Cross have to play the two guys chasing his world #3 spot down, and then his main title rival in the semi.

Fine Margins this week, everyone bar MVG has there eyes somewhere...
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 06:08:02 PM by SuuPRlim » Logged

YorkshireSal

View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: November 20, 2017, 07:41:07 PM »

Cross Would go off fave against everyone bar mvg Anderson, possibly taylor?
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: November 20, 2017, 08:22:17 PM »

@ the bookies he'd start as a dog to Peter Wright, and I'd be backing him.

Interesting one vs Taylor, will let someone else answer that before I commit to an answer thumbs up

Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: November 20, 2017, 08:34:07 PM »

Depends if he poured him a drink or not.
YorkshireSal

View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: November 20, 2017, 08:39:46 PM »

Vs mvg in the grand slam, in first to 16, taylor went off shortest, followed by cross, and Wright was a lot bigger
That may not mean much, Wright record against mvg on tv etc, what would cross Wright odds be
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: November 20, 2017, 10:59:33 PM »

I see Terry Jenkins is still 31 in the world.

Any chance he keeps his ranking and plays in the Worlds?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: November 21, 2017, 09:02:06 AM »

I see Terry Jenkins is still 31 in the world.

Any chance he keeps his ranking and plays in the Worlds?

No, impossible for him to be in the top 32 for the worlds unfortunately. Love the Bull, hilarious story - when I lived in Leeds with Middy and Pab we were inches away from hiring him to do an exhibition at our house for Pab's birthday! What a legendary thing that would have been.

Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: November 21, 2017, 01:17:28 PM »

Not written by me, from a LUFC forum but sounds about right...

"So.... Taylor - first hand

I was at the semis yesterday and as always got the seat bang at the front. I thought it would be a bit of a laugh to try and needle "The Power" a bit
I had a number of signs - WACCOE, Monk What's The Score etc. plus following the Gurney spat a"How's Your Water Phil?"

I planned on MVG cheerleading to counter the audience of Stokies.

Phil went 1-0 up and I held up the "How's Your Water Phil?" and he pointed - held up the water and said fine thanks... very funny
Then at 2-2 MVG levelled I jumped up, punched the air and shouted "Yes" at which point he pointed at me and said "Did you just give me the finger?"
I replied "No, but I will do later"

3-2 - at the break one of the security called me over..... At this point, I'll point out that it's always the same security at the front in the same places.. I've chatted with them through the tourney over the years and to a man, they can't stand Taylor and have given me various stories about his attitude.

The guy then says that Taylor has requested I be ejected - security had said they would if I crossed the line but to date hadn't... my man said "Just watch yourself"
And so it went on - Taylor pointing at me every time I started an MVG chant or cheered, shaking his head etc.... I made sure I was silent on his throws and toed the line.

At about Leg 20's break they left the stage, again my man said he'd asked for me to be removed and again they said they couldn't.
Leg 21 - the female security took my "How's Your Water Phil?" off me saying "It's putting Phil off!" - I replaced it with "Taxi For Taylor"

He stormed off at the end, I was miffed because I was hoping to get the signed board!!!!

As we were drinking up, the walk on security came over and asked "Which one of you was winding up Taylor?" - "Me, I said" - he then shook my hand and said "Nice one!""

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: November 21, 2017, 01:50:29 PM »

Gary Anderson really, a win in the Semi vs PW would have put him £500 ahead of PW with an easier draw in the players and him just needing to match snakebite to go into the WC as world #2 when he has £350k to defend compared to PW's £80k, and a bad performance at the WC's will put him back in the 8-3 rankings spot, now he's £52.5k behind and ONLY a win in the players will get him his #2 spot back. He has a pretty straight forward route to the 1/4s where he he's likely to then face Mensur/Cross/MVG if he wants to win it, tall order for him, the players is an absolutely gruelling tournament too and an absolute snake-pit of potential troubles.

The 4th/5th/6th/7th/8th place battle is quite intriguing - Mensur in 5th will kick of with £363k, Phil will go up 1 place in the rankings at £360k, Lewis will drop to #7 on £340k and Chizzy #8 with £338,500.  Gurney is gonna start in #4 on £400k and knows ONLY a Mensur Win here will knock him of world #4 and mean he can avoid MVG till the semi's, and with a £325k headstart on Gary in the worlds he could have a legit shot at #3. Mensur knows as long as Chizzy or Lewis don't make the semi's he'll lock up world #5 for the worlds. The battle for #7 between chizzy and lewis, Chizzy needs to out-perform Lewis to lock up #7, or a 1/4 final result will mean he over-takes Phil and if Lewis doesn't make it to the 1/4's (he has Rob Cross in the 3rd round...) then Chizzy will end up in #6 - chizzy has a manageable draw here, likely be Kyle Anderson in rnd 3 which might just end up being a straight shoot-out for him between #8 and #6, Lewis might bust round 3 and hold onto #7 in the rankings. If ever Lewis needed a triumphant return to form, it's starting Friday!

Whitlock really screwed up at the Grand Slam, defending £0 he had an actual chance to make up even £10k on the top 8, he's gonna start this comp on £298k, a good £40k behind Chizzy, only a win gets him in the top 8 for the worlds, whereas with a £10-15k extra on there and the three above him either in no form or not playing he might have a very good chance at getting his nose in the top 8. Now his worries are more about looking over his shoulders. Barney is going to move above him on £303k and looked miles sharper at the GS. Barneys draw is pretty tricky, Ian White Rd 1, Darren Johnson/Big Hendo rd2, Cullen rd 3, Cross rd 4, gary semi and MVG final his most liekly route to victory, Whitlock on the other hand has a horrible draw, with Smith in rd 2, Wright in rnd3 and MVG in the 1/4s. Saving grace for Whitlock is Kist seems to be injured and RVB has a nasty opener vs Ian White.

Just behind them, Klaasen gonna start on £290k, Wade £287k and Smith £284k all three have pretty tough draws and Klaasen and Wade bang out of form, Smith looked a lot handier this week, if he can get himself to the 1/4 finals (will have to get past Wright) then he'll have a good chance of jumping over 1 or both of these two, he's going to fancy his chances of out-doing these guys at the worlds so every penny he can get ahead of them will be valuable.

The next cool Rankings tussle is right behind them again, Benito is holding onto his #14 and will start with £263.5k - Alan Norris who's somehow turned a terrible year of form into a climb up the rankings will start on £258k. Benito has Bunting rnd1, then Mensur rnd 2, whereas Norris has Jelle rd 1 and Beaton/Huybrechts rnd 2, great spot for Norris to have a go at world #14 and given how well he's played on stage this yr he might be able to get himself up towards the top 10 given how everyone above him is defending money and playing poorly. He'll be really kicking himself he missed that D20 to KO PW and get himself  out of the group at the GS, where he'd have played Bunting/Durrant...

Right at the bottom end of the top 16 is Gerwyn Price, his GS group stage managed to nick him in the top 16 ahead of Ian White, he's going to start #16 on £242,750 and Ian White is going to start on £236,750 in #17 and right on his tail will be Kim Huybrechts in #18 on £234,250 as you can imagine they all have pretty tough draws but anyone of these with a decent run could jump back into the top 16 which is huge for the Worlds....

Final piece of Rankings puzzle ahead of the worlds is the man of the year...Rob Cross. He's back in #21 with £188,250 - his eyes will really be on the top 16, and 16/17/18 will be under-dogs to add more than £5k to their totals so if he can finish on £247k he'll have done the impossible and got to the top 16 in the world BEFORE the worlds in his maiden year. Unfortunately for Voltage, only a win will see him in there, his draw is nice, should have a smooth run to the semi's where he's liekly to face Gary. A defeat in the semi's is probably not going to be enough to get him past Joe Cullen in the #19 so most likely he's going to go into the world as World #19, phenomenal. Will be a lot of people wobbling around the mid top 16 who will be keeping a close eye on where he ends up, the last thign you want if you're a Wade/Smith/Klaasen/Lewis/Barney or even Gary with all that prize money to defend is a 2nd round or 3rd round game vs Rob Cross!

Big weekend coming up !

Great review/updates as ever Dave.  Watched most of the event when i could whilst dealing with family issues so haven't had the easiest of weeks to post.  Great event with some incredible matches all week.  Can't have Gurney on my mind still at the very top level.  He reminds me of a golden James Wade 10 years ago in some ways. Loved watching Taylor destroy him both on the stage and verbally/mentally.  Will be interesting to see how DG reacts to it.

Rob Cross looks a machine in the making.  Lewis is going to need a miracle to stay relevant given the form of so many currently. 

Roll on the worlds.   I am looking forward to the PL now given how much different it could look next year and that the standards could be as high as ever.  Would love to see Smith have a good world's and get back into the PL.  He looked insane against Ando for the first half of that match before getting destroyed.  He would give the PL a much better go this time around i think.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: November 21, 2017, 01:53:06 PM »

https://www.pdc.tv/pdc-order-of-merit

The current order of merit above hasn't been updated for the GSOD so i doubt TJ is still in the top 32 given he didn't play last week.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: November 21, 2017, 04:19:17 PM »

Not written by me, from a LUFC forum but sounds about right...

"So.... Taylor - first hand

I was at the semis yesterday and as always got the seat bang at the front. I thought it would be a bit of a laugh to try and needle "The Power" a bit
I had a number of signs - WACCOE, Monk What's The Score etc. plus following the Gurney spat a"How's Your Water Phil?"

I planned on MVG cheerleading to counter the audience of Stokies.

Phil went 1-0 up and I held up the "How's Your Water Phil?" and he pointed - held up the water and said fine thanks... very funny
Then at 2-2 MVG levelled I jumped up, punched the air and shouted "Yes" at which point he pointed at me and said "Did you just give me the finger?"
I replied "No, but I will do later"

3-2 - at the break one of the security called me over..... At this point, I'll point out that it's always the same security at the front in the same places.. I've chatted with them through the tourney over the years and to a man, they can't stand Taylor and have given me various stories about his attitude.

The guy then says that Taylor has requested I be ejected - security had said they would if I crossed the line but to date hadn't... my man said "Just watch yourself"
And so it went on - Taylor pointing at me every time I started an MVG chant or cheered, shaking his head etc.... I made sure I was silent on his throws and toed the line.

At about Leg 20's break they left the stage, again my man said he'd asked for me to be removed and again they said they couldn't.
Leg 21 - the female security took my "How's Your Water Phil?" off me saying "It's putting Phil off!" - I replaced it with "Taxi For Taylor"

He stormed off at the end, I was miffed because I was hoping to get the signed board!!!!

As we were drinking up, the walk on security came over and asked "Which one of you was winding up Taylor?" - "Me, I said" - he then shook my hand and said "Nice one!""

Brilliant. Thanks for sharing.
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: November 21, 2017, 06:34:30 PM »

Big weekend coming up !

Great review/updates as ever Dave.  Watched most of the event when i could whilst dealing with family issues so haven't had the easiest of weeks to post.  Great event with some incredible matches all week.  Can't have Gurney on my mind still at the very top level.  He reminds me of a golden James Wade 10 years ago in some ways. Loved watching Taylor destroy him both on the stage and verbally/mentally.  Will be interesting to see how DG reacts to it.

Rob Cross looks a machine in the making.  Lewis is going to need a miracle to stay relevant given the form of so many currently. 

Roll on the worlds.   I am looking forward to the PL now given how much different it could look next year and that the standards could be as high as ever.  Would love to see Smith have a good world's and get back into the PL.  He looked insane against Ando for the first half of that match before getting destroyed.  He would give the PL a much better go this time around i think.

I’m not sure he would. Bags of talent but really lacking mentally. That game v Anderson summed him up. Hecwas playing like a dream and then Anderson pinged a big finish as he was waiting on a double and he then went to pieces. Unless he flew out of the traps with some soft early fixtures I think it would be more of the same from him in the PL. He lacks the belief of someone like Cross.

It will be interesting to see how DG responds. Clearly there's more to the story between him and Phil but he didn’t half crumble. That’s the first pasting he has had in a long time.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: November 21, 2017, 10:23:32 PM »

Feel like DG hasn't quite adapted to life in the winners circle yet, hasn't quite gained respect of the big lads. Phil started mugging him off and he just fell to pieces. Think a similar thing happened to PW after the UK open.

Pages: 1 ... 185 186 187 188 [189] 190 191 192 193 ... 236 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: