blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:29:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272483 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Gross Spot - GPS Sheffield
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gross Spot - GPS Sheffield  (Read 1640 times)
youthnkzR

View Profile
« on: November 23, 2012, 03:57:29 PM »

Blinds are 75/150 (We have 25K):

UTG raises to 400 (Splashy fish playing a lot of pots), HJ 3bets to 1050 (decent online guy - JudgeDredd13 - for the wizards out there), we have  in the CO and Call. Button cold 4 bets to 3550 (Has been fairly aggro). Folds round to HJ (3bettor) who 5 bets all in for 18k. We sigh call it off and button TANKS (for literally 5 minutes) and folds  face up. HJ (3/5 bettor) has 

Obviously the 3/5 bettor is a decent online reg and tbh i can never see him getting too out of line here, however can we possibly fold  here?

On my GPS staking thread, after giving the update of this, someone whose opinion i would value implied something along the lines of 'pretty standard fold with KK', however i feel this is wrong as i think the 3/5 bettor can show up with AK/KK/QQ/JJ(not often / never??) a lot of the time here as well as the hand he has obviously. Button can also show up with AA sometimes but he seemed to over-value his hands a lot so i was not overly worried about him, also was capable of doing this with complete air).

Can we fold? Opinions? 

*Judgedredd13 also has previous for spazzing as has 5/6 bet a friend of mine with 56ss pre-ante in a GUKPT and showed. (However this isn't really a spot where he can have nothing imo)?

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 06:12:20 PM »

Cold 4 and fold v utg/cold5 and proceed v dc.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 06:12:52 PM »

Hate calling we just always turn our hand face up

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 11:54:23 AM »

cold4/6bet jamming(or calling depending on the stacks) vs dan here and I'd be loving my life doing it. If we get cold 5'd by the btn then life's a little less pleasant but I think going with it still, no if DC 6bet ships it in after that action I think we can prolly fold as he's a bit of a maverick but i don't think he's that crazy plus he's more than smart enough to realize QQ is in trouble at this point.

TL900

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012, 12:15:03 PM »

cold4/6bet jamming(or calling depending on the stacks) vs dan here and I'd be loving my life doing it. If we get cold 5'd by the btn then life's a little less pleasant but I think going with it still, no if DC 6bet ships it in after that action I think we can prolly fold as he's a bit of a maverick but i don't think he's that crazy plus he's more than smart enough to realize QQ is in trouble at this point.

All of this

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2012, 12:24:58 PM »

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2012, 12:45:37 PM »

I understand what you mean here but you do realise this will make no sense to 85% of people lol

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2012, 03:39:02 PM »

I understand what you mean here but you do realise this will make no sense to 85% of people lol

Reraise and fold vs the under the gun raiser and anyone to act behind who rereraises. Proceed vs dc (judge dread?)

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2012, 10:44:33 PM »

Not convinced folding to the BTN's cold 5bet here is the right play, although it's defo gonna come pretty close readless, im usually an advocate for airing on the cautious side at this stage of a donkament so could be convinced if we had details of stack sizes etc.

As played I feel like you're prolly sposed to call off but +1 Pleno really don't like flatting it's only real merit is keep DC and his light 3bets in but this could easily induce multi-way action and without the intiative with a kinda face up range an aggro opponent like Dan could certainly put us to some real bother on a variety of run-outs.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2012, 12:36:27 AM »

nearly posted fold > call

judgedredd13

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2012, 05:05:32 AM »

hey man, was obv very lucky for me. i spazzed against ya mate in tht gukpt bolton but i think its important to remember that ive played a decent amount live with your mate and always have a good luagh with him at the table and there is def some friendly rivalry in pots n shit, it was a 6 max tourney also so people were 3 betting ervery hand so there was def a solid dynamic down. 3 of the stacks didnt show up so it was your  mate on my direct left and the other guy on my direct right so with the 3 players all being blinded out on marks left he effectively had position 4 hands out of 6 which i thought was very unfair but what u gonna do so I tried to make a stand but I shoulda just let him rob me haha. he was playing good and i got tired of his 3bets hence a spazz. i almost never ever get into it pre ante without something deece.my range for shuvving here is probs kk+ but i dunno how u can really fold, i passed kings at the last one of these in stoke and been absoloutely ripped by all my mates as she showed me aj off in the 2nd level. even tho my range is probs kk+ in the moment i dont think id ever pass kings vs me there.i cant imagine its a spot tht is gonna come up frequently tho so i wouldnt worry about it too much
judgedredd13

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2012, 05:08:39 AM »

i think folding might b an option cos if u remember i dont think anyone on the table had 3 bet once before this hand and wed been playing for awhile  so i really was expecting people to have good hands
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2012, 11:50:53 AM »

hey man, was obv very lucky for me. i spazzed against ya mate in tht gukpt bolton but i think its important to remember that ive played a decent amount live with your mate and always have a good luagh with him at the table and there is def some friendly rivalry in pots n shit, it was a 6 max tourney also so people were 3 betting ervery hand so there was def a solid dynamic down. 3 of the stacks didnt show up so it was your  mate on my direct left and the other guy on my direct right so with the 3 players all being blinded out on marks left he effectively had position 4 hands out of 6 which i thought was very unfair but what u gonna do so I tried to make a stand but I shoulda just let him rob me haha. he was playing good and i got tired of his 3bets hence a spazz. i almost never ever get into it pre ante without something deece.my range for shuvving here is probs kk+ but i dunno how u can really fold, i passed kings at the last one of these in stoke and been absoloutely ripped by all my mates as she showed me aj off in the 2nd level. even tho my range is probs kk+ in the moment i dont think id ever pass kings vs me there.i cant imagine its a spot tht is gonna come up frequently tho so i wouldnt worry about it too much

i think folding might b an option cos if u remember i dont think anyone on the table had 3 bet once before this hand and wed been playing for awhile  so i really was expecting people to have good hands

ahhh fair play, i had no idea about the gukpt hand, ben came up to me after the hand had happened and told me, obviously he had no idea about the dynamic and didnt mention it was in the 6 max.

as the table was playing i agree that your range is very nutted but i thourght it may have included QQ / AK at the time (i also posted in the OP that it may include JJ but i doubt you ever have that ) was a pretty gross spot to be in and it took me well over a minute to sigh rofl it in. (do you think im being optimistic about it including QQ / AK here? me and aggro santos both agreed that it would alot of the time but obviously he had no idea of table dynamic.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2012, 04:44:54 PM »

so i really was expecting people to have good hands

KING KING!!!!!!!!!!!

Gotta be a good hand surely Tongue

youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2012, 06:56:09 PM »

so i really was expecting people to have good hands

KING KING!!!!!!!!!!!

Gotta be a good hand surely Tongue