blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:11:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  This forum is dying - discuss
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: This forum is dying - discuss  (Read 41084 times)
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: November 27, 2012, 10:39:25 AM »

Mantis, I disagree with most of what you've written, but I respect your right to type it.

We have a mod in the making Smiley

Ah! The element of surprise
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 27, 2012, 10:48:31 AM »

Diaries are so boring unless they are written by someone interesting (90%  of diary threads = boring). Nobody seems funny anymore, the people other people rate as funny seem to be dull and cliched to me. I used to click into threads fairly gtd a laugh but not anymore so i stopped clicking.

DTD censorship is ridiculous, the idea of blonde plc is surely dead in the water?
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 27, 2012, 10:57:34 AM »

All these pages remembering good stuff from the past says what about the current state of affairs?

Does evolving mean boring? The forum isn't a local pub as per the example before, it is media. And how does media attract viewers? Well every front page of the papers and magazines is sensational, intriguing, scandalous. Every reality tv show or sport gets more viewers through conflict and explosive stories. If I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here was based around everybody sitting by the camp fire remembering good breakfasts from the past it would be one big flop. If two boxers hugged each other before a fight it would be meh.

So here's an example of what I'm saying. In this thread we've had the sensational return of Greekstein. This guy comes from nowhere and asks all these awkward questions. The story had legs and mods could have titillated it, got him posting more, maybe given a few answers, fan the story. Perhaps it would get him posting again, it would certainly have attracted a big audience. But no his posts and questions were ignored and prob sorted 'off forum', and now we're talking about breakfasts from years ago. Does the editor of The Sun quash interesting stories in favour of boring safe ones? I said before you don't want every thread going down this road but whenever a big explosive story arrives on forum it is quashed or ignored. Mods should be salesmen not policemen and get these stories moving forward. Occasionally a big story is allowed to run and I think well why isn't that guy 'bigger than the forum' and his privacy respected. Who decided that?

Let me tell you something about that local pub. If one guy came in shouting his mouth off he would obv be unwelcome, but If he was part of some big coach party all pulling up outside the landlord would high-five him. If that landlord successfully encouraged the coach party to come back every week he would be absolutely loving life. The landlord doesn't want a pub where a few locals sit around being really pleasant cos it doesn't make for a good business. There is a big misconception here that being nice and positive is good for Blonde and being argumentative and explosive is bad. But like I said before Blonde is media so don't turn away the coach parties imo.

I didn't ignore greeky's post, I gave an explanation of why its best to sort off forum (IMO) and offered him thatoption in the past.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 27, 2012, 11:12:03 AM »

That isn't as interesting as forum sponsor vs forum hero with everyone putting their own 2p in, is it?
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 27, 2012, 11:15:31 AM »

does anybody remember when cf posted in colour?  twas amazing

In response to this I will now starting posting in blue once more Smiley

Blue text
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 27, 2012, 11:18:53 AM »

Hurrah for Cf he saves the forum

Ah! The element of surprise
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 27, 2012, 11:43:59 AM »

Hurrah for Cf he saves the forum

Until a month from now when someone complains (again) about the blue being too difficult to read. 

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 27, 2012, 11:44:10 AM »

At the risk of ending up on his sig.......

Mantis is pretty fucking awesome.

I hope to be there someday...

+1 the 'tis'....

I want to start a chant or something but I've never been to a real game so would have no idea where to start.

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 27, 2012, 11:45:40 AM »

wc; cr (wrong colour; cant read)
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 27, 2012, 11:50:31 AM »

Diaries are so boring unless they are written by someone interesting (90%  of diary threads = boring). Nobody seems funny anymore, the people other people rate as funny seem to be dull and cliched to me. I used to click into threads fairly gtd a laugh but not anymore so i stopped clicking.

DTD censorship is ridiculous, the idea of blonde plc is surely dead in the water?
lol appreciate this.... i even put worldly guessing quiz's n photos of estranged egyptian empresses... Tongue

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 27, 2012, 12:23:56 PM »

Gotta agree with mantis.  Place always more interesting with a tonne of fighting rather than the current vanilla and generally sycophantic tone to so much of it.

sola virtus nobilitat
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #266 on: November 27, 2012, 12:30:06 PM »

Gotta agree with mantis.  Place always more interesting with a tonne of fighting rather than the current vanilla and generally sycophantic tone to so much of it.

+1

You're so right.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 27, 2012, 12:31:02 PM »

People who want to debate interesting issues have a forum to do that. People who want to bitch and antagonise can either start their own forum (blonde ranting?) or shout at traffic.

If it's boring, isn't the answer to click that little X symbol in the top right of your computer screen? Read a book, watch Come Dine with Me, write poetry, ring 5Live...

Is it so bad if people are nice to each other? Let's be honest, that isn't what happens all the time on these threads!

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #268 on: November 27, 2012, 12:31:23 PM »

People who want to debate interesting issues have a forum to do that. People who want to bitch and antagonise can either start their own forum (blonde ranting?) or shout at traffic.

If it's boring, isn't the answer to click that little X symbol in the top right of your computer screen? Read a book, watch Come Dine with Me, write poetry, ring 5Live...

Is it so bad if people are nice to each other? Let's be honest, that isn't what happens all the time on these threads!

+1

You're so right.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 27, 2012, 12:32:11 PM »

Kinboshi is an idiot

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: